1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Colton Orr Drops John Scott

In response to MeanE's comment:

In response to Bisson1's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment: I wouldn't MacDermid scored last time he played plus he hits everything in sight, next Thursday is going to be no picinic. As Dez mentioned Bourque hasn't really contributed that much yet.

@Mean - I don't think you will ever see anyone turtle on the Bruins. That is more of Otts style to do something like that. I also read somewhere that Julien instructed Lucic not to engage Larouque that year.

I think Bourque will be in the line up that night. Dressing McDermid would be would be sending a message that their coming their to fight. Thats how fans think, not NHL coaches

Disagree Macdermid can do allot more than just fight. He would be very useful in a game like next Thursday. Julien would only be sending a message that he expects a very physical game. MacDemind wasn't kept on the Bruin roster just to fight.

Are you that high on him? I've seen him play live a couple of times, kind of reminds me of Jeremy Reich. I do remember him scoring a goal in his last game with the B's (At NYR??)..I would like to see Bourque get an extended look, especially since they opened up at home the first two games, kids nerves looked like they played a part..Like to see him settle in.

I'd replace Thornton with MacDermid in a heartbeat. 

That's crazy talk!  MacDermid is not half the fighter, or professional that Thornton is.  As Heyoo said, the kid doesn't win very many fights.

I don't really care who the better fighter is. MacDermid has the potential to contribute more to a hockey game than Thornton, who can't really do a whole lot with his gloves on. Probably not this year, but next year I'd hope to see him on the 4th line and Thornton in the minors or press box.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Does Lucic fight Scott?  Or does he decline like he did when Laraque used to chase him around the ice?  I do not want to see anyone on the B's besides Thornton fight this enormous monster, who is definitely the worst "player" in the league. 

Scott is no longer the worst player in the league.  Tampa has Pierre-Cedric Labrie on the NHL roster right now.  I saw this guy playing in the AHL last year.  He's honestly the worst player I have ever seen at any pro level, and I've been to plenty of ECHL games.

Pure misery.

Labrie was part of that TB vs NYI fight at puck-drop.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115170

Labrie vs Finley

Crombeen vs Martin

Check out the hatred Martin has for Crombeen at the end of their tilt.  What is a slap on the helmet between fierce competitors? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Scott is 6-8, 270 lbs and completely useless but I think saying thornton will kill him may be a bit of a stretch.  everyone has a punchers chance but my money is on him in most tilts.  What the sabres need to consider is if he jumps lucic or chara, once he's in the box the rest of their team has to stare down a lot of angry Bruins to which they have no answer for.  They cant all fight Campbell.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

I don't really care who the better fighter is. MacDermid has the potential to contribute more to a hockey game than Thornton, who can't really do a whole lot with his gloves on. Probably not this year, but next year I'd hope to see him on the 4th line and Thornton in the minors or press box.

What kind of potential does MacDermid have?  I haven't seen him do anything...ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Bourque will be in the line up that night. Dressing McDermid would be would be sending a message that their coming their to fight. Thats how fans think, not NHL coaches

Disagree Macdermid can do allot more than just fight. He would be very useful in a game like next Thursday. Julien would only be sending a message that he expects a very physical game. MacDemind wasn't kept on the Bruin roster just to fight.

Are you that high on him? I've seen him play live a couple of times, kind of reminds me of Jeremy Reich. I do remember him scoring a goal in his last game with the B's (At NYR??)..I would like to see Bourque get an extended look, especially since they opened up at home the first two games, kids nerves looked like they played a part..Like to see him settle in.

Not nessacarily Kelv, MacDermid is fringe AHL/NHL player for sure. You would not have had to see allot of his games to know it. I agree Bourque does need some more games, I didn't think he would be playmaking at the same level as his AHL. So I agre there, not saying Chris should be sent down yet.

However watching next Thursdays game might be better for Bourque, a big guy like MacDermid can absorb hits better at this point and if you have him up might as well let him play some games here n there especially a game expected to be rough. You might be right, Julien could just think Bourque has to play in these types of games. I would play MacDermid not to have him start a fight but come out hitting like crazy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Everyone plays physical on the bruins another fourth line grinder on the third line will not help the bs. Lane in a couple years might be a fourth line guy but never would I slot him on the third line he doesn't hav the talent for it. Chris will get 10 games from me before I jump the gun and ask for someone to replace him. I'll give the kid A shot the same way I did Caron and pouliot. In ten games kid could have a couple goals and a few assist let time show what the kid has in the tank.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Neecic's comment:

Scott is 6-8, 270 lbs and completely useless but I think saying thornton will kill him may be a bit of a stretch.  everyone has a punchers chance but my money is on him in most tilts.  What the sabres need to consider is if he jumps lucic or chara, once he's in the box the rest of their team has to stare down a lot of angry Bruins to which they have no answer for.  They cant all fight Campbell.

Great idea, but this is 2013 NHL hockey.  People don't get jumped.

John Scott is a pure skating clown.  He needs permission in order to fight.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Buffalo signed these yard apes to show they mean business about running loud mouth Miller, ok fine. Lindy Ruff is happy now and so he sends out Scott to stir things up. Bad result ensues it back fires, Scott gets dropped even better. Teams that have good Power plays are going to make Buffalo pay.

Jan. 31st right around the corner and you think these announcers called the Tor-Buff horribly wait till Jack starts spewing. Edwards is starting to become Johnny Most which is a bad thing.

PS. Jody Shelley could beat either and is still the best fighter in the NHL.

Dog

Chara made Shelley look like a bobble head doll - just abused him. He was just totally overwhelmed by the big man. Shelley is tough though. As much as despise him, Colton Orr is about the last guy I want any of the Bruins taking on.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Great idea, but this is 2013 NHL hockey.  People don't get jumped.

John Scott is a pure skating clown.  He needs permission in order to fight.

[/QUOTE]

Ryan White doesn't mind jumping someone, from behind.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115202

I guess you have to when they're as tough as Tomas Fleischmann.  

Montreal Canadiens hockey, it's back baby.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The phrase "jumped" generally refers to an unprovoked attack.

I watched this game live.  The hit from Fleischmann was questionable, and of course Gorges played it out.

The sad part is that Skating Clown Parros did nothing in return.  In fact, no one did.

I appreciate the fact that White acted out of anger and retribution.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I watched this game live.  The hit from Fleischmann was questionable, and of course Gorges played it out.

The sad part is that Skating Clown Parros did nothing in return.  In fact, no one did.

I know, it wasn't pure jumping.  I don't really share the appreciation of White though, because there wasn't much to be angry about.  A pretty marginal boarding and Gorges didn't even break a nail.  White negated the PP, and showed his perference for throwing bombs at non fighters from the blind side.  I love real anger in hockey, but this was pretty  weak.

Agree that Parros should have met him at the penalty box exit 5 minutes later.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I know, it wasn't pure jumping.  I don't really share the appreciation of White though, because there wasn't much to be angry about.  A pretty marginal boarding and Gorges didn't even break a nail.  White negated the PP, and showed his perference for throwing bombs at non fighters from the blind side.  I love real anger in hockey, but this was pretty  weak.

Agree that Parros should have met him at the penalty box exit 5 minutes later.

White is known to be a sucker puncher. He also got Veilleux with one less than a year ago

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think Scott can fight. I KNOW Orr can fight, but I'm glad out of all of them the Bruin's have the enforcer with the best verstility in Thornton. Call him a "skating clown, or useless all you want. Out of any team in the league the B's have the best enforcer who understands his role, actually can play "hockey minutes" & doesn't take foolish penalties. So I think the B's still have the upper hand no matter who they face.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Buffalo signed these yard apes to show they mean business about running loud mouth Miller, ok fine. Lindy Ruff is happy now and so he sends out Scott to stir things up. Bad result ensues it back fires, Scott gets dropped even better. Teams that have good Power plays are going to make Buffalo pay.

Jan. 31st right around the corner and you think these announcers called the Tor-Buff horribly wait till Jack starts spewing. Edwards is starting to become Johnny Most which is a bad thing.

Dog

Chara made Shelley look like a bobble head doll - just abused him. He was just totally overwhelmed by the big man. Shelley is tough though. As much as despise him, Colton Orr is about the last guy I want any of the Bruins taking on.

Colton has taken a few hard head shots in the last couple of years and I think he's probably one away from having to give it up.  I'm glad he handled Scott (cause I really hate the Sabres), but Orr always leads with his head and he's been dropped a few times.  I'm actually surprised he's even back. 

Having said that, unless it's Thorton, any other match-up hurts the Bruins because Orr contributes nothing on the hockey front.  Lucic would fair much better in a rematch, in my opinion, but he would be stupid to fight Orr again.

Having said that, Bruins are simply too tough a matchup for this group of Leafs who don't really have a lot of physical players.  I'm not sure any team in the league can bash with the Bruins at this point; although you'll see some try.  I'm betting the Sabres, Habs and even Ottawa will try to make a statement................but I think they'll all fail.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F2Qtef3DECI#!

One person Shelley is not afraid of is Orr, one punch all done. That was the first of a few concussions for ORR, also I think Thornton has done ok against both knuckle draggers. And yes Chara could handle Scott, Shelley and Orr no problem. But really we don't want him in the box for 5 minutes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not sure how Gorges "played it out"..Got pushed from behind, went down to a knee and got right back up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

After the chirping with Rupp that cost Looch a misconduct penalty at the end of Saturday's game, I think those two go at it tonight.  Should Milan go with Rupp?  He is not as bad as Scott, but he isn't first line material either.  It's tough for power forward guys with skill and that can also throw the hands.  Guys like Looch, Hartnell, Clarkson, etc... have a difficult balancing act when it comes to when they should and when they shouldn't drop em.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Because of the shortened season I say Lucic has to be even more careful than ever before.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

After the chirping with Rupp that cost Looch a misconduct penalty at the end of Saturday's game, I think those two go at it tonight.  Should Milan go with Rupp?  He is not as bad as Scott, but he isn't first line material either.  It's tough for power forward guys with skill and that can also throw the hands.  Guys like Looch, Hartnell, Clarkson, etc... have a difficult balancing act when it comes to when they should and when they shouldn't drop em.

Don't be so sure. CJ is has been ramming down the B's throats that points are at a premium in this shortened season. Rupp is getting 6:50 TOI which is close to Thorton's. Unless Lucic fights a Clarkson, or a "Hartnell" I don't think you'll see Looch answering the bell against these types of guys this yr. And he's pretty much already proved himself (like Neely did) that he's earned the right not to fight.