Colton Orr Takes a Pounding

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Colton Orr Takes a Pounding

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Phaneuf fights Erskine it's advantage Caps in the tradeoff. 

Sometimes though RHO you have to show your team there is some fight in the dog, even if it is your captain, as Lucic did in his fight with Gadzic of the Oilers. It was a tight game as well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mxt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Phaneuf's a big dude but is and always has been a spotpicker. He won't go with anyone who can throw them.

[/QUOTE]

Outside of guys known more for fighting than playing hockey, name five guys who aren't "spot pickers".

Chara doesn't fight all comers.  Lucic doesn't fight all comers.  Are they spot pickers also?

[/QUOTE]
    Chara & Lucic don't try to act all mean and tough with the non fighter and smaller guys for the most part, Phaneuf does it all the time, i think he thinks his death stare is enough to dissuade anyone from fighting him but it doesn't work, so he waits for the linesman. Glad he's with the Lerfs for another 7 yrs. 

[/QUOTE]

Chara roughs up Brian Gionta everytime they play. Gave the business to Gerbe earlier this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

Orr lost but not a pounding like Thornton took from Big John Scott lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Phaneuf's a big dude but is and always has been a spotpicker. He won't go with anyone who can throw them.

[/QUOTE]

Outside of guys known more for fighting than playing hockey, name five guys who aren't "spot pickers".

Chara doesn't fight all comers.  Lucic doesn't fight all comers.  Are they spot pickers also?

[/QUOTE]
    Chara & Lucic don't try to act all mean and tough with the non fighter and smaller guys for the most part, Phaneuf does it all the time, i think he thinks his death stare is enough to dissuade anyone from fighting him but it doesn't work, so he waits for the linesman. Glad he's with the Lerfs for another 7 yrs. 

[/QUOTE]

Chara roughs up Brian Gionta everytime they play. Gave the business to Gerbe earlier this year.

[/QUOTE]

You really think Chara should drop em with Gerbe & Gionta? I'm sure Phaneuf would, thats the difference.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You really think Chara should drop em with Gerbe & Gionta? I'm sure Phaneuf would, thats the difference.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  Chara roughs up gionta to intimadate him not bc he wants to fight him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And Phaneuf stands there totally clueless as Ward hammered the winner home Friday.

It's comedy watching him run around.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And Phaneuf stands there totally clueless as Ward hammered the winner home Friday.

It's comedy watching him run around.

[/QUOTE]

He does that quite alot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

who wanted this to fight with Erskine ?  don't be offended Shupe

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Beautiful! Celine looks simply stunning!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[/QUOTE]

Pretty weak comparison.  Chara/Lucic are tough as nails and both voted in top 5 toughest guys in the league by their peers last year (while Phanuef was voted most overrated player in the league).  When Chara ended up squared off against Regehr last year he asked him if he was sure before he dropped the gloves.  Picking your spots for your team is different then picking your spots for self preservation.

Phanuef shouldn't have to fight guys like Erskine but its the fact he acts and initiates like he wants to but then shys away until its a guy he feels safe fighting with his face armour tucked into his chest.  Little bit Subban-esque.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Neecic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pretty weak comparison.  Chara/Lucic are tough as nails and both voted in top 5 toughest guys in the league by their peers last year (while Phanuef was voted most overrated player in the league).  When Chara ended up squared off against Regehr last year he asked him if he was sure before he dropped the gloves.  Picking your spots for your team is different then picking your spots for self preservation.

Phanuef shouldn't have to fight guys like Erskine but its the fact he acts and initiates like he wants to but then shys away until its a guy he feels safe fighting with his face armour tucked into his chest.  Little bit Subban-esque.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2Kki10PwdI

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh man stop it think I busted a kidney!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He did.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah they really went toe to toe, lots of smiling going on by Chara, almost as if to say.....really?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He did.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah they really went toe to toe, lots of smiling going on by Chara, almost as if to say.....really?

[/QUOTE]

perfect example, chara laughs, Dion's eyes would get wide and start throwing punches.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He dropped the gloves and started punching? What more proof do you need? Because he smiles afterwards that means it didnt happen? I just proved you wrong, I smiling Chara doesnt negate that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I know you proving a point but that was not a fight.  If it was Chara would be grabbing his gonads.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He did.

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

He dropped the gloves and started punching? What more proof do you need? Because he smiles afterwards that means it didnt happen? I just proved you wrong, I smiling Chara doesnt negate that.

[/QUOTE]

OK, your right , Celine's tough,Chara beats up little guys ,i give up.You like Phaneuf and think he answers the bell,i don't , no big deal. On we go to bigger and better things. We won't waste are time with Phaneuf anymore.Go B's!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know you proving a point but that was not a fight.  If it was Chara would be grabbing his gonads.

Thats how i saw it also, but whatever. Chara punched out Gionta & Phaneufs not a woosy, i get it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thats how i saw it also, but whatever. Chara punched out Gionta & Phaneufs not a woosy, i get it.

[/QUOTE]

maybe its my crappy laptop but i didn't see much of a fight. i feel like I'm watching sega hockey 94 but I'm gonna assume it wasnt' serious because the midget is still alive, whats ur point anyway?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think Chara and Phaneuf match up well at all in a toughness comparison.  We've seen Chara play long enough to know that he'll use his size and strength to punish people of all sizes.  If a pest like Gionta or Patches come at him in front of the net, I'm glad he knocks them down.  He'll also answer the bell against the big boys if needed.

On the other hand, I can't see much of any good reason for either Phaneuf or Chara (or any top pairing D) to be fighting the likes of John Erskine.  I think Phaneuf has zero obligation to go there.  That's Orr's job.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think Chara and Phaneuf match up well at all in a toughness comparison.  We've seen Chara play long enough to know that he'll use his size and strength to punish people of all sizes.  If a pest like Gionta or Patches come at him in front of the net, I'm glad he knocks them down.  He'll also answer the bell against the big boys if needed.

On the other hand, I can't see much of any good reason for either Phaneuf or Chara (or any top pairing D) to be fighting the likes of John Erskine.  I think Phaneuf has zero obligation to go there.  That's Orr's job.

[/QUOTE]
    Agree totally, it wouldn't end well for Phaneuf. The point i'm trying to make is Chara would go with Erskine if thats what it called for, Phaneuf wouldn't,imo.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Agree totally, it wouldn't end well for Phaneuf. The point i'm trying to make is Chara would go with Erskine if thats what it called for, Phaneuf wouldn't,imo.

[/QUOTE]

I think you're probably right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

i think most of us are in agreement. phaneuf shouldn't fight goons. Neither should Bergeron.  difference is one acts tough and one doesn't.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Neecic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i think most of us are in agreement. phaneuf shouldn't fight goons. Neither should Bergeron.  difference is one acts tough and one doesn't.

[/QUOTE]

Agree again, its the way Phaneuf plays that he gets that rep, Denis Poivin was a Norris trophy winning d-man,Ray Bourque as well, played great, solid, defence in all kinds of situations and melees and they didn't have to act tough because fellow players knew they were, Phaneuf to me is like you said,an act.   

Sections
Shortcuts