Columbus and Nashville have bright futures ahead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

Columbus and Nashville have bright futures ahead

They both have two great young goalies and a bunch of solid young players. Columbus has guys like Nash, Brassard, Voracek (wished we got him instead of hamill) and Nashville has Erat, Tootoo, Weber, Sutton. 

I was impressed with both teams play against us the past two games and i believe in a year or two they will be top teams in their conference (if their young team keeps intact). 

Also i noticed how much more speedier they are than us.  It seems like more than half the league is faster than us and next year we need to shed guys like Ryder and Recchi and add some more team speed. 

Other than these two teams and Phoenix, Los Angeles any other teams that have been suprisingly good this year or have a bright future ahead?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Re: Columbus and Nashville have bright futures ahead

The Bruins!

The future has been bright since 1992

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

TIn Response to Columbus and Nashville have bright futures ahead:
    [QUOTE]They both have two great young goalies and a bunch of solid young players. Columbus has guys like Nash, Brassard, Voracek (wished we got him instead of hamill) and Nashville has Erat, Tootoo, Weber, Sutton.  I was impressed with both teams play against us the past two games and i believe in a year or two they will be top teams in their conference (if their young team keeps intact).  Also i noticed how much more speedier they are than us.  It seems like more than half the league is faster than us and next year we need to shed guys like Ryder and Recchi and add some more team speed.  Other than these two teams and Phoenix, Los Angeles any other teams that have been suprisingly good this year or have a bright future ahead?
    Posted by rocketdan9[/QUOTE]
    Tootoo  played very well against Boston.I was very impressed by his energy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Columbus and Nashville have bright futures ahead:
    [QUOTE]TIn Response to Columbus and Nashville have bright futures ahead : Tootoo  played very well against Boston.I was very impressed by his energy.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Tootoo is fearless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

@rocket - Agreed. The thing we need to remember is that those teams SUCKED for many years to get good draft picks to build to where they are now.

Not intentionally, but definitely a key to getting great picks and growing from there. A little patience is getting them from cellar dwellers to being a competitiive team night in and night out (challenging for playoffs).

The Bruins have been at or near the top 4 in the conference for a number of years and this has kept them from drafting marquee players in the first round - until 2010 and 2011.

Let's see what happens(now) in a couple of years in Beantown...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

To be fair Columbus and Nash have had a "bright future" for the past several years. They have yet to translate that into tangible league success which is the whole point of competative hockey in them NHL. Yes they have accumulate a number of solid and interesting draft picks. What they do with them, however, is the main point and one of contention. Nashville, in particular, seems to be content with merely making the playoffs and selling off any player they can to not supercede  their self-imposed cap limit. While they can make the playoffs in kost years, they are not a threat to go deep....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

...Columbus' (tangible) success or lack thereof should not be measured with Nash alone.
    He would make a great corner stone of any franchise...agreed?

I guess my point is that some Bruins fans lament our 'lack of sucess', comparing it to recent success of Pitt(Crosby, Malkin), Wash(Ovechkin), TB(Stamkos) while ignoring the fact that these teams had to lose consistently to get those picks to build sucessfull franchises.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: Columbus and Nashville have bright futures ahead:
    [QUOTE]...Columbus' (tangible) success or lack thereof should not be measured with Nash alone. He would make a great corner stone of any franchise...agreed? I guess my point is that some Bruins fans lament our 'lack of sucess', comparing it to recent success of Pitt(Crosby, Malkin), Wash(Ovechkin), TB(Stamkos) while ignoring the fact that these teams had to lose consistently to get those picks to build sucessfull franchises.
    Posted by Davinator[/QUOTE]

Actually I meant Nash as shortform  for Nashville but good point nonetheless...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

My bad...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No worries....I still have a low opinion of the Columbus/Nashville development strategy. Their plan seems to merely tread water and maintain the status quo. Once an asset is deemed expensive they jettison it in favour of a cheap alternative ensuring their mediocrity.

As if their drafting was not bad enough. Columbus busts include Filatov-6th 2008 playing in Russia), Voracek (7th 2007-has not scored more then 14 goals in a season), Brassard (6th 2006-not the next coming of Spezza as promised), Brule (5th 2005-bust!!!), Picard (rth 2004-Bust!!!), Zherdev (3rth-2004-Bust!!!), you get the point.

Drafting is not an exact science so relying on it nis nonsense.....