Columbus is crazy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ceege. Show Ceege's posts

Columbus is crazy

CSNNE.com's Joe Haggerty suggests the Columbus Blue Jackets' asking price for Nash may simply be too high.

"... Most expected that the Blue Jackets would be looking for Tuukka Rask in any Nash exchange given Columbus' dreadful performance between the pipes, but indications to CSNNE.com from several places are that the Blue Jackets are looking for either Milan Lucic or Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton as their desired price tag. Seguin is an untouchable for the Bruins coming off a sophomore NHL season where he blossomed into an All-Star performer, but Lucic appears to have his name coming up more and more often in trade discussions ..."

-

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Columbus is crazy

Columbus doesn't need to trade Nash, they are just looking for someone they can rip off. If they can find that someone they will trade him, if not they will wait it out. They have plenty of cap space and are in no hurry to move him.

Wouldn't be surprised if that someone ends up being Burke.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

...someone will bite. its this and the parise sweepstakes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Columbus is crazy:
    [QUOTE]Columbus doesn't need to trade Nash, they are just looking for someone they can rip off. If they can find that someone they will trade him, if not they will wait it out. They have plenty of cap space and are in no hurry to move him. Wouldn't be surprised if that someone ends up being Burke.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]
    I think Burke is in the 5th year of his 5 year plan and he still can't even get the Leafs into the playoffs,let alone contend.I also wouldn't be suprised to see Burke make a move for Nash, he's a desperate man.I just don't know if the Leafs have enough top end talent to make a trade that Columbus likes as i don't think Howson wants draft picks,he wants players that will help the team right away,which the Leafs don't have enough of.
       I could see the Leafs trying to overpay for Parise if they can fit him under the cap, there will be lots of bidders. If the Devils some how win the Cup this year then Parise might be willing to go to a team that has no chance of winning it all for a few years (Leafs), if the Devils don't win the Cup then he likely will want to go to a team that is primed to compete for a few years.Either way the bottom line is,money talks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Columbus doesn't need to trade Nash, they are just looking for someone they can rip off. If they can find that someone they will trade him, if not they will wait it out. They have plenty of cap space and are in no hurry to move him. Wouldn't be surprised if that someone ends up being Burke.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

I would say they do have to trade him, he asked to be traded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Lucic/Seguin and Hamilton for Nash?

I think Howson is vastly overvaluing his asset.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Must be hot in Columbus all the mngt. must have a heat rash in their head. Rask and Krejci is a trade but still big assets. This is about how far i will push it. Horton will be back so we may not need Nash now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm not sure if he's a fool not to atleast ask about Seguin or a fool to think he might get him, either way it's just a report, we've yet to hear it from Howson.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not sure if he's a fool not to atleast ask about Seguin or a fool to think he might get him, either way it's just a report, we've yet to hear it from Howson.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I don't think many of these reports that come out while the playoffs are still taking place are too credible.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Columbus is crazy:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Columbus is crazy : I would say they do have to trade him, he asked to be traded.

Yep Nash has given Howson and Columbus long enough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Makes me further think that the best deal with columbus is no deal with columbus.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd say this trade comes to fruition on draft day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

[QUOTE]Must be hot in Columbus all the mngt. must have a heat rash in their head. Rask and Krejci is a trade but still big assets. This is about how far i will push it. Horton will be back so we may not need Nash now.
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]
    bobo, on what do you base this statement. Inside medical info, a new concussion cure, or a new source of tobacco?Undecided

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]Lucic/Seguin and Hamilton for Nash? I think Howson is vastly overvaluing his asset.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Let's throw in Bergeron too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Lucic Seguin Bergeron Marchand Chara Hamilton = NFW

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

So I ask what is left of the Kovalchuk trade?  

My point is Columbus will be grounded eventually, or mezmerized by draft picks and former number ones for Nash on draft day.  The Bs are just doing do diligence by entertaining trade talks with any team.  Krejci and Thomas (or Rask) would be reasonable to start.  And in the end, the players you get equals the players you get in return.  Haaha.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

It is not Columbus who is crazy it is the fans who think you can get Nash for a fair price.  Nash has been sold to the Columbus fans as an elite franchise winger and are expecting what an elite franchise player would return in a trade.  Problem is Nash is not an elite franchise winger, he is big and skilled above average but knowwhere close to elite.  Howson has backed himself into a corner where he has to get a great return or he might end up flipping burgers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]It is not Columbus who is crazy it is the fans who think you can get Nash for a fair price.  Nash has been sold to the Columbus fans as an elite franchise winger and are expecting what an elite franchise player would return in a trade.  Problem is Nash is not an elite franchise winger, he is big and skilled above average but knowwhere close to elite.  Howson has backed himself into a corner where he has to get a great return or he might end up flipping burgers.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    If Nash were to be traded to a rabid hockey market, with a talented team to work with, i think you might see why hockey people considered him elite.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]It is not Columbus who is crazy it is the fans who think you can get Nash for a fair price.  Nash has been sold to the Columbus fans as an elite franchise winger and are expecting what an elite franchise player would return in a trade.  Problem is Nash is not an elite franchise winger, he is big and skilled above average but knowwhere close to elite.  Howson has backed himself into a corner where he has to get a great return or he might end up flipping burgers.
    I agree, and I LOVE Rick Nash.

Guys like Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin and Stamkos are elite and in the highest tier.
    The next tier is guys like Kovalchuk and Gaborik. Nash is in the next tier down (when it comes to goalscoring), with guys like Parise, Hossa and Iginla.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I like Nash but to give up any of the players the Jackets are interested in for a guy getting overpaid at 7.8m makes no sense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Columbus is crazy : I agree, and I LOVE Rick Nash. Guys like Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin and Stamkos are elite and in the highest tier. The next tier is guys like Kovalchuk and Gaborik. Nash is in the next tier down (when it comes to goalscoring), with guys like Parise, Hossa and Iginla.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

I think Nash is a franchise winger. Does he have the numbers Malkin,Crosby and Ovechkin do?No, and I'll admit you have a much stronger argument than i do, numbers clearly suggest he is not in their class but I've seen him play a ton as he is a favorite of mine and I think he is a franchise player. I know more people are going to agree with you, but I think if you put Nash on a team like Boston and he nets 50. Just my opinion and i hope one day you can say I was right, cause that'll mean he is lighting it up for the B's. Would love to see him here.

I'd put Kovalckuk in that franchise winger class as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Columbus is crazy : If Nash were to be traded to a rabid hockey market, with a talented team to work with, i think you might see why hockey people considered him elite.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

When ever you overpay for a skilled player you are taking a chance.  Sometimes you get a Yashin, sometimes you get a kovalchuk who works hard to become better.  The Bruins should be contenders next year so I see no reason to gut the organization in just a hope to improve the team.  Howsen according to Larry Brooks asked for Ryan McDonough, Chris Kreider, Michael Del Zotto, a first rounder and another top prospect believed to be Tim Erixon or Christian Thomas from the Rags.   Ask what package the Bruins would have to put together and then ask again wether it will be worth it.  Do you think we should offer Rask, Lucic or Krejci and Hamilton because thats the kind of offer its going to take.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Columbus is crazy : I think Nash is a franchise winger. Does he have the numbers Malkin,Crosby and Ovechkin do?No, and I'll admit you have a much stronger argument than i do, numbers clearly suggest he is not in their class but I've seen him play a ton as he is a favorite of mine and I think he is a franchise player. I know more people are going to agree with you, but I think if you put Nash on a team like Boston and he nets 50. Just my opinion and i hope one day you can say I was right, cause that'll mean he is lighting it up for the B's. Would love to see him here. I'd put Kovalckuk in that franchise winger class as well.

I also heard about how Nathan Horton would score 40 with the more talented Bruins team.  I am still waiting to see it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Seguin is better than Nash.

I think the term "franchise center" is a bit of an oxymoron. Teams rarely have much success building around a star wing. Almost every champion has their best players at center and/or defence, and good goaltending. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a champion build around a franchise wing. Ever. The closest one that comes to mind is the Canadiens with LaFleur, but that team was strong in every possible position. He was the face, but their centers were great too. For decades every team that was led by a star wing has come up short to teams with star centers or occasionally star D and goaltending. It's for that reason most of all that I would trade for Nash. I wouldn't trade a bag of pucks to them if it meant taking on an $8mil contract for a wing. He'd be making a million more than Chara while contributing far less to the outcome of games.  If the Bruins are going to bring in an outside player with a bloated, unnecessary contract, I would sooner it be Suter or wait a year and make it Weber. Having a long-term contract with your highest paid player playing the least important position on the ice is a poor way to structure a team in a cap system.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

So true. Fascinating that his production rate is almost exactly the same as with Florida.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Columbus is crazy : I also heard about how Nathan Horton would score 40 with the more talented Bruins team.  I am still waiting to see it.

Sections
Shortcuts