Comical Media Bias

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Comical Media Bias

Julien's interview had the same guy asking question after question because no one else was in there.  Same with Krejci, two guys max.

Bylsma gets 10 questions from 10 different reporters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Comical Media Bias

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Julien's interview had the same guy asking question after question because no one else was in there.  Same with Krejci, two guys max.

That's perfect if you ask me. Hard to say the wrong things if nobody asks you what you think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think it was Dupont..riding solo in the B's interview room

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fly under the radar.  Its perfect.  I want big z angry.  I want him ticked off.  I hope they keep taking runs at lucic.  Its all gonna come back.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

I think it was Dupont..riding solo in the B's interview room

I think so, Hang.  He says, "Should I just keep going until someone else comes in?"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Hysterical...no respect, just the way we like it

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

I believe the media (in general) are thinking that the Pens getting to the SC Final is a merely a formality...and they want to know from Blysma why it didn't go so well tonight.

Not enough credit to the Bs for a job well done.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

I believe the media (in general) are thinking that the Pens getting to the SC Final is a merely a formality...and they want to know from Blysma why it didn't go so well tonight.

Dav, if you listened to the Toronto area sports heads this past week you got the same feeling regarding their views on the unstoppable, stacked Penguins.  A similar vibe to that leading up to the 2011 Cup final.  Tonight should be more what the Bruins did right not what went wrong for Pittsburgh. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Dav, if you listened to the Toronto area sports heads this past week you got the same feeling regarding their views on the unstoppable, stacked Penguins.  A similar vibe to that leading up to the 2011 Cup final.  Tonight should be more what the Bruins did right not what went wrong for Pittsburgh. 

I know what went wrong for the Pens. They played Boston. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Nutshell.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Think I've only heard one of the so called experts, speak up and predict the B's to win it all.  Healy brought it up during the TO series.

About the same time, Doug Mclean said something interesting.  During a conversation about Kessel, and his struggles against the B's, Mclean downplayed 81's futility as more a result of Chara's strength, than Phils weakness.  His final comment on the subject was "I don't care who wins the Norris, Chara's is by far, the best defenseman in the league".

Other than that, I haven't heard much about how good the b's are.  Like it that way.  The media can, and regularly does though, flip-flop,  quicker'n Stanley.  We'll certainly see it too....with a Bruin win on Monday.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I enjoyed how depressed the announcers were sounding in the last 10 minutes last night.  It just seemed like they were expecting to be ball-washing Crosby for a hat trick and were at a loss when it didn't go that way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

At the beginning of the game Vokoun was spectacular with the saves according to Doc.  Contrarily Rask made a save and it was about the quality of the Pittsburgh shot!  I love Doc but.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

There will be more when we hoist the cup!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

That's right, dez.  The turning point in the game was the national anthem.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I enjoyed how depressed the announcers were sounding in the last 10 minutes last night.  It just seemed like they were expecting to be ball-washing Crosby for a hat trick and were at a loss when it didn't go that way.

I was at a Leafs bar watching and evereyone there was mentioning this. Pretty funny and actually, very evident.

It was KPD alone in the press room asking really good questions. I'm with everyone else, let the National and Pittsburgh media hate on the Bruins. Love it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Most of the turkeys covering the series wouldn't be able to pick DK out of a lineup.  This is the Vancouver series all over again - pretty draws a crowd, but it doesn't win playoff games.

Also funny how, like Vancouver, the Pens tried to "be more physical" by taking the body at every opportunity.  And they were done by the third period.  Being physical isn't about hit count.  It's things like the Emelin hit attempt on Lucic - the toll on you when you hit a Bruin is higher on you than you expect.  Add that to the extra energy it takes to get in there and lay the hit, and the impact of trying to out-physical Boston on all aspects of the opposition game is huge.  And that's without the Bruins turning it up that extra notch a la the end of the Toronto series.

"They're doomed."

- Cherry to Ron Maclean after seeing the fury in Fat's face after he was penalized for confronting Phaneuf about a slash in game 7.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'd like to add to the comical media bias the just Vancouver 11-esque over ga-ga, sweet lovings thrown on the Penguins by NBC. And the funniest thing is that the team's former coach Olcyk did the best job of not being biased toward them, but that was pretty much it. The in-between periods guys/hosts were only talking about the Penguins and what the Penguins did wrong, and what the Penguins were doing, and how they were "outplaying" the Bruins for 2 periods...enough.

But Maguire was an all-time clown for his comments after Marchand hit Neal.    It was as if he continues to defend a criminal like Matt Cooke, somehow comparing the hit on Neal, which if you really look at Neal, you'll notice he more or less smiled after the hit on the ice. Meanwhile, McQuaid dodged a serious concussion on a ridiculously stupid unneccesary hit from behind against the glass from Cooke (he's the type of guy who would shoot you in the back on the way to a duel in the old West). "oh you have to be consistent! I was worried about this!!"...Maguire shut the hell up...have a clue and realize that your love affair of Matt Cooke is unfounded. He's a criminal and should be locked up, not still picking up a paycheck as Marc Savard can barely come out during the day due to his concussion. Makes me sick.

At least Milbury took Bylsma apart after the game, and ripped them a new one. But for the most part, it was just like NBC's marketing plan. Crosby this, Malkin that, and nothing about how good Krecji has played and how remarkable Tuuka has been in the playoffs. All Penguins. Well, good, as they say, keep it that way. Let the B's be the underdogs, and let the B's kick these crybaby wussy Pens butts. Crosby and his idiotic knock into Rask at the end of the 2nd period right up there with AROD for complete classless behavior. Malkin challenges Bergeron to a fight, how did that work out? B's won that tradeoff. Smart guys those Penguins. But NBC, keep on telling us about the mighty Penguins and how they have to do this, and that, and forget that the B's are even playing them. BIASED. that's what the B is for in NBC.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Most of the turkeys covering the series wouldn't be able to pick DK out of a lineup.  This is the Vancouver series all over again - pretty draws a crowd, but it doesn't win playoff games.

Also funny how, like Vancouver, the Pens tried to "be more physical" by taking the body at every opportunity.  And they were done by the third period.  Being physical isn't about hit count.  It's things like the Emelin hit attempt on Lucic - the toll on you when you hit a Bruin is higher on you than you expect.  Add that to the extra energy it takes to get in there and lay the hit, and the impact of trying to out-physical Boston on all aspects of the opposition game is huge.  And that's without the Bruins turning it up that extra notch a la the end of the Toronto series.

"They're doomed."

- Cherry to Ron Maclean after seeing the fury in Fat's face after he was penalized for confronting Phaneuf about a slash in game 7.

True.  I think Cherry also said that moment defined when Lucic took over the game and has been on a rampage ever since.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Watch how fast the media will change if the Bruins win tomorrow night.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I'd like to add to the comical media bias the just Vancouver 11-esque over ga-ga, sweet lovings thrown on the Penguins by NBC. And the funniest thing is that the team's former coach Olcyk did the best job of not being biased toward them, but that was pretty much it. The in-between periods guys/hosts were only talking about the Penguins and what the Penguins did wrong, and what the Penguins were doing, and how they were "outplaying" the Bruins for 2 periods...enough.

But Maguire was an all-time clown for his comments after Marchand hit Neal.    It was as if he continues to defend a criminal like Matt Cooke, somehow comparing the hit on Neal, which if you really look at Neal, you'll notice he more or less smiled after the hit on the ice. Meanwhile, McQuaid dodged a serious concussion on a ridiculously stupid unneccesary hit from behind against the glass from Cooke (he's the type of guy who would shoot you in the back on the way to a duel in the old West). "oh you have to be consistent! I was worried about this!!"...Maguire shut the hell up...have a clue and realize that your love affair of Matt Cooke is unfounded. He's a criminal and should be locked up, not still picking up a paycheck as Marc Savard can barely come out during the day due to his concussion. Makes me sick.

At least Milbury took Bylsma apart after the game, and ripped them a new one. But for the most part, it was just like NBC's marketing plan. Crosby this, Malkin that, and nothing about how good Krecji has played and how remarkable Tuuka has been in the playoffs. All Penguins. Well, good, as they say, keep it that way. Let the B's be the underdogs, and let the B's kick these crybaby wussy Pens butts. Crosby and his idiotic knock into Rask at the end of the 2nd period right up there with AROD for complete classless behavior. Malkin challenges Bergeron to a fight, how did that work out? B's won that tradeoff. Smart guys those Penguins. But NBC, keep on telling us about the mighty Penguins and how they have to do this, and that, and forget that the B's are even playing them. BIASED. that's what the B is for in NBC.

Great post Danny, just about covers it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

In response to NHLOA's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

correction dezy, they played Boston and their Bruins Refs

NHLOA RULE BABY (fixin playofs since 1994)

are you saying the bruins fix games?