Coming Together (Deadline Piece?)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Coming Together (Deadline Piece?)

Dont look now but this team is coming together.  All the pieces are here to make us elite.  1 more puck moving defensemen and an upgrade on the wing and we are Stanley Cup bound!
    Time to get excited people!
    Deadline Targets
    Ignila? Good friends with Marc Savard Might be able to get him under the cap at the deadline.
    Phillips?
    Burnette?
    Kaberle?
    It would be interesting if San Jose was in a sellers position!!
    I know this thread has been exhausted but it is by far the funnest to speculate on!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Coming Together (Deadline Piece?)

Whitney, Foster or Greene - all can be done without much cap manipulation. (Whitney requiring the most)

Though I would love to see Savvy and Iggy together again. Last time Savvy centred Jarome for a full season, Iginla won the Art Ross and Pearson. But I really don't think getting him is realistic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Regehr or Kaberle
    Dumont or Penner

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Coming Together (Deadline Piece?):
    Regehr or Kaberle Dumont or Penner
    Posted by shuperman

I have also thought about Penner but rumors say he is lazy. Guy hits hard though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As Savvy rounds into form it helps the rest of the Bruins as a team. Today all lines were clicking with Wheeler's speed and reach helping Campbell, although Wheels does make some dumb decisions just like NAS's favorite goon, who could have given Wheels an empty net shot, but hogged the puck for a miss. My wish list would have REX retire; Thornton just dissapear; and trade Wheeler and Boychuck

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I watch a lot of the Oiler games.  The guy works hard.  But people think b/c he is a giant he should fight more.  He gets goals, is a beast down low, kills pims.  Not many lazy guys get PK time.  He would be a nice fit alongside of Horton and Savy.  And would be a huge shot in the arm for the PP

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

I watch a lot of the Oiler games.  The guy works hard.  But people think b/c he is a giant he should fight more.  He gets goals, is a beast down low, kills pims.  Not many lazy guys get PK time.  He would be a nice fit alongside of Horton and Savy.  And would be a huge shot in the arm for the PP
    Posted by shuperman

I don't watch that many Oilers games that's why I said rumors. Mostly banter on online forums. I wouldn't mind seeing him on the B's team. If he can produce. I just worry about who the B's would have to give up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Penner 14G 15A 29Pts  -6    4.25M
    Dumont  6G 7A  13Pts  +1    4M
    Kaberle   1G 28A 29P   -3     4.25M
    Regehr   0G   5A  5Pts  +8    4.02M

Not players to take us over the top.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No4

Regehr is a top notch shut down guy.  He is a plus 6 on a brutal team. 

Give me one of those dmen and one of those fwds and I am happy. 

If I laid the same stats for current bruins players they would look the same.

Horton for example. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Kaberle were inexpensive say a 3rd rounder I would do it. He doesn't have to log  a ton of icetime keep his minutes low. I'd also do Pitkanen if Rutherford starts to unload in late February but I wouldn't part with much on this trade either.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

No4 Regehr is a top notch shut down guy.  He is a plus 6 on a brutal team.  Give me one of those dmen and one of those fwds and I am happy.  If I laid the same stats for current bruins players they would look the same. Horton for example. 
    Posted by shuperman

Nail on the head, they would look the same.  To take on 4M we have to give up 4M and the numbers noted above are not head and shoulders above our 4M guys.

Our shutdown is best in the league.  We are scoring right now but what we need is someone to manufacture goals when we hit our drought and/or the playoffs when goals are at a definite premium.

2M hockey players are not going to do it, we are too close to the cap to trade up a 4M player to get the 6M player without dismantling what we have.

What we have is a team very close when all are healthy(counting Sav here), but with the cap, a blockbuster is not going to happen to take us over the top.

The definitive IF...
    These players regain form
    Sav the 90pt player
    Chara the 19 goal scorer
    Krej form of 2 years ago
    Wheel form .....
    Luc, Hort form of season start
    Ryd his 30 goal form
    Rask his form of last year
    Boych his form ...

These players must..
    TT stay as good
    Rest of D stay as good
    Berg as good
    March,Seg, Camp, Kampf continue their play and improvement
    Rec continue(preferabbly with less ice)
    Thorn play as well with less ice

The whole team must...
    Stay healthy, work hard score on PP and stop PP.

This is all IF ... we are to be present in the playoffs.

Oh yeah forgot ...
    The coach needs to coach and adapt
    PC needs to get the steal of the century for minimum cost, the millenium Cam Neely.

Cj remember the earth is off its axis and your time is shortened.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsRock. Show BsRock's posts

Nice rant, i liked it all the way to the end.  until you spelt neely wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Yeah I noticed it too late, will edit it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

If Kaberle were inexpensive say a 3rd rounder I would do it. He doesn't have to log  a ton of icetime keep his minutes low. I'd also do Pitkanen if Rutherford starts to unload in late February but I wouldn't part with much on this trade either.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I agree on the Kaberle comment, if he could be had for a late rounder.  I find Pitkanen a very good offensive defensemen but he is a real liability in the defensive zone witness his +/- over the years.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I would prefer if this team did nothing.  The forwards are excellent and balanced with skill/grit.  When last I checked we were 7th in offense.  It's hard to improve on that, and it won't happen by subbing a 20 goal scorer for a 22 goal scorer or whatever.  I also like our defense alot, especially with Kampfer anding a little mobility.  The biggest thing holding us back from being truly elite is Savard and Krejci's injuries.  If they are at their best, this team could definately go all the way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

In Response to Re: Coming Together (Deadline Piece?) : Nail on the head, they would look the same.  To take on 4M we have to give up 4M and the numbers noted above are not head and shoulders above our 4M guys. Our shutdown is best in the league.  We are scoring right now but what we need is someone to manufacture goals when we hit our drought and/or the playoffs when goals are at a definite premium. 2M hockey players are not going to do it, we are too close to the cap to trade up a 4M player to get the 6M player without dismantling what we have. What we have is a team very close when all are healthy(counting Sav here), but with the cap, a blockbuster is not going to happen to take us over the top. The definitive IF... These players regain form Sav the 90pt player Chara the 19 goal scorer Krej form of 2 years ago Wheel form ..... Luc, Hort form of season start Ryd his 30 goal form Rask his form of last year Boych his form ... These players must.. TT stay as good Rest of D stay as good Berg as good March,Seg, Camp, Kampf continue their play and improvement Rec continue(preferabbly with less ice) Thorn play as well with less ice The whole team must... Stay healthy, work hard score on PP and stop PP. This is all IF ... we are to be present in the playoffs. Oh yeah forgot ... The coach needs to coach and adapt PC needs to get the steal of the century for minimum cost, the millenium Cam Neely. Cj remember the earth is off its axis and your time is shortened.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Good Call Savard and Krejci are not living up to expectations. Savard seems like a Montreal diving machine everytime he gets hit and Krejci is getting pushed around by bigger players. I like the line of Lucic - Krejci - Seguin I think that is a good combo to get Krejci going. Maybe need to put Marchand in there if Seguin cant cut it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

The trick is not identifying players we can add, but making a realistic propostion about what goes back the other way.   You can't just throw Ryder in because not everyone wants a scoring UFA winger unless they need it for a playoff run.

Looking at the teams that are out of the post season for trade possibilities:

Edmonton:  
    - Hemsky (RW, 29 points, 31 games,  +4, $4.1M this year and next then UFA)
    - Whitney (D, 27 points, 35 games, +13, $4M for 2 more years then UFA)

Either or both would be great pick ups.   Edmonton will not want UFAs back.  Cap wise, it would require about 8M in salary going back, which is hard to come up with.  Sidenburg + Savard?   Probably doesn't do anything but potentially upset the chemistry of the team, so I can't see that happening.

New Jersey:
    No one there I'd touch

Islanders:
    No one there jumps out at me.

Ottawa:
    - Alfredsson? (RW, 27 points in 43 games, -13, $4.875M for 2 more seasons)   He's getting up there in age, but has easily been a point a game player for the past 5 years.   Would a change of scenery be able to get him back to a 70 point / season pace?  If so, he'd be worth the cap hit.   Would he stay healthy and what would have to go back the other way?

There is no one else on Ottawa I'd touch due to their contracts.  Karlsson of course but Ottawa would never trade him.

Buffalo:

- Jordan Leopold:  (D, 26 points in 44 games, -5, 3M for the next 2 years)

Seems like the type of guy a team would not, or should not, trade.   Be a solid addition to our Blue line though!  Not sure what it would take, but a D would have to go back.   Is he an upgrade over our current D corps?

Every other team (aside from Toronto who I'm leaving out on purpose) is probably close enough to the playoffs that they are not quite ready to be sellers

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

The trick is not identifying players we can add, but making a realistic propostion about what goes back the other way.   You can't just throw Ryder in because not everyone wants a scoring UFA winger unless they need it for a playoff run. Looking at the teams that are out of the post season for trade possibilities: Edmonton:   - Hemsky (RW, 29 points, 31 games,  +4, $4.1M this year and next then UFA) - Whitney (D, 27 points, 35 games, +13, $4M for 2 more years then UFA) Either or both would be great pick ups.   Edmonton will not want UFAs back.  Cap wise, it would require about 8M in salary going back, which is hard to come up with.  Sidenburg + Savard?   Probably doesn't do anything but potentially upset the chemistry of the team, so I can't see that happening. New Jersey: No one there I'd touch Islanders: No one there jumps out at me. Ottawa: - Alfredsson? (RW, 27 points in 43 games, -13, $4.875M for 2 more seasons)   He's getting up there in age, but has easily been a point a game player for the past 5 years.   Would a change of scenery be able to get him back to a 70 point / season pace?  If so, he'd be worth the cap hit.   Would he stay healthy and what would have to go back the other way? There is no one else on Ottawa I'd touch due to their contracts.  Karlsson of course but Ottawa would never trade him. Buffalo: - Jordan Leopold:  (D, 26 points in 44 games, -5, 3M for the next 2 years) Seems like the type of guy a team would not, or should not, trade.   Be a solid addition to our Blue line though!  Not sure what it would take, but a D would have to go back.   Is he an upgrade over our current D corps? Every other team (aside from Toronto who I'm leaving out on purpose) is probably close enough to the playoffs that they are not quite ready to be sellers
    Posted by Homebrew76

Well put Homebrew.  Anyone who follows hockey close enough, to want to discuss things on a forum like this, should get the "other way" scenario.
    Unfortunately, many don't.

The pieces most want to move here, would only be attractive as rentals.  The only teams looking for a rental, are all contenders.  Does anyone here really want to see Ryder go to someone like Philly, or Pittsburgh, or Washington?.  I don't.  What would they want to give us for Ryder?  Same for Wheeler.  How much cap space do we save by moving Paille?  Diddly, so we can only take diddly back.
     The other huge issue is "fitting in".  Not just personally, but to the team dynamic.  Kovulchuck, is a prime example.  He didn't leave all of his skill in Atlanta.  He's attempting to fit, on a team that plays the game differently than he's accustomed to.
    Even if we can pick up prime time players for prospects....we STILL need to subtract to fit under the cap.

There are possibilities and options.  I'm sure they'll all be studied hard.  It should be obvious to everyone, however, how difficult it is going to be, to make this team much better, and that the attempt to do that, could make the team worse.  This year, and down the road. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Anyone who watched the egg that the Bruins D laid tonight and doesn't think this team needs a blueliner that can move the puck up the ice are not watching. The Bruins breakouts are too predictable and will pay for it in the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Sorry Dog, it is finish this team lacks. D laid a couple eggs, but Thomas has usually been there to bail them out... Rask can't do that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

The Bruins are way too predictable. LINDA RUFF figures out CLOD with no problem.

Sections
Shortcuts