comment from the fonz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

comment from the fonz

Said the the ference hit was the most dangerous hit he's seen in a while...says nothing needs to be said about what has to be done.....I wonder Torts.... if Chara lays on the ice for a few minutes.and was seriously hurt, from the hit from behind from one of his boys...takin a page out of lindy Ruff and Alaine Vigneault. I'm not defending Ference here, he's probably in for a few games, but what about Chara getting slammed into the boards. http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=385710#YourCallTop

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: comment from the fonz

In Response to comment from the fonz:
    Said the the ference hit was the most dangerous hit he's seen in a while...says nothing needs to be said about what has to be done.....I wonder Torts.... if Chara lays on the ice for a few minutes.and was seriously hurt, from the hit from behind from one of his boys...takin a page out of lindy Ruff and Alaine Vigneault. I'm not defending Ference here, he's probably in for a few games, but what about Chara getting slammed into the boards. http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=385710#YourCallTop
    Posted by Beezfan4life

I like Torts..he may have been a little overboard but thats his player...Torts is very open and honest.  I like him and I like his approach...he is also open about his own players...and his media bashing is priceless

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: comment from the fonz:
    In Response to comment from the fonz : I like Torts..he may have been a little overboard but thats his player...Torts is very open and honest.  I like him and I like his approach...he is also open about his own players...and his media bashing is priceless
    Posted by shuperman

shupe - His candor is refreshing.  A big departure from the usual pc cliches some coaches tend to recite.  He calls it as he sees it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Totally disagree.  Torts is about the only thing I don't respect about this Rangers team.  I'm so tired of his whiny s**t eating grin every single time a penalty goes against the Rangers.  He's a crybaby.

And his commment is complete and utter b*llsh*t too.  That's the most dangerous hit he's seen in a while??  What??  Has he watched any hockey recently?  How is it any different than Prust's hit?  Other than Chara being 6'9 and 255 lbs?

He's lobbying, and I'm getting sick of that sh*t.  Especially from a team that loves Sean Avery.

Ference's hit was a garden variety boarding call.  I can't stand the fake hysteria after every single questionable hit now.  Torts should be happy for the 5-minute majoe that allowed them to win the game.  He might also suggest that McDonough not try to shield a full-speed forechecker with his back 3-feet from the boards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Totally disagree.  Torts is about the only thing I don't respect about this Rangers team.  I'm so tired of his whiny s**t eating grin every single time a penalty goes against the Rangers.  He's a crybaby. And his commment is complete and utter b*llsh*t too.  That's the most dangerous hit he's seen in a while??  What??  Has he watched any hockey recently?  How is it any different than Prust's hit?  Other than Chara being 6'9 and 255 lbs? He's lobbying, and I'm getting sick of that sh*t.  Especially from a team that loves Sean Avery. Ference's hit was a garden variety boarding call.  I can't stand the fake hysteria after every single questionable hit now.  Torts should be happy for the 5-minute majoe that allowed them to win the game.  He might also suggest that McDonough not try to shield a full-speed forechecker with his back 3-feet from the boards.
    Posted by Fletcher1

I like Tortarella but I have to agree with you.  It's getting old !

I'll say it on this thread also, nobody cares of the intent anymore ( Prust's intention was much worst) . It's all about injury and the lobbying after that. We can all thank the Pacioretty saga , Molson and Air Canada.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Totally disagree.  Torts is about the only thing I don't respect about this Rangers team.  I'm so tired of his whiny s**t eating grin every single time a penalty goes against the Rangers.  He's a crybaby. And his commment is complete and utter b*llsh*t too.  That's the most dangerous hit he's seen in a while??  What??  Has he watched any hockey recently?  How is it any different than Prust's hit?  Other than Chara being 6'9 and 255 lbs? He's lobbying, and I'm getting sick of that sh*t.  Especially from a team that loves Sean Avery. Ference's hit was a garden variety boarding call.  I can't stand the fake hysteria after every single questionable hit now.  Torts should be happy for the 5-minute majoe that allowed them to win the game.  He might also suggest that McDonough not try to shield a full-speed forechecker with his back 3-feet from the boards.
    Posted by Fletcher1
    Exactly what I was getting at Fletch..Minutes after the game ,Torts is holding court.  lobbying for a suspension already. I wonder if Prust is going to get a phone call, and if the Bruins are going to send a tape of it. Never heard if CJ held a presser complaining of it.....to me that would be refreshing , instead of the Lindy Ruff and Vigneault school of power whining before a hearing....just to remind Shanny what a bunch of bullies and  goons those Big Bad Bruins areCry

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Torts is a scuumbaag piece of shiite, no ands ifs or buts, but he is also a helluva coach.  He is the Linseman of coaching, a complete ratbag.

That smug face, wouldn't I love to get one slug at that. He is the guy that had Avery on his team sitting alone by himself on the bench away from the rest of the players and he would continuously send him out to do his dirtiest deeds. Definite scuumbaag, he is worse than Linseman he is Avery's twin.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

While Torts candor is refreshing, his whining is so Canuck like its nauseating. I remember when he was on the TSN panel and said a player like Avery would never be on a team he coached, well guess what, Ol' Torts is two-faced as well.What a blow hard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: comment from the fonz : Exactly what I was getting at Fletch..Minutes after the game ,Torts is holding court.  lobbying for a suspension already. I wonder if Prust is going to get a phone call, and if the Bruins are going to send a tape of it. Never heard if CJ held a presser complaining of it.....to me that would be refreshing , instead of the Lindy Ruff and Vigneault school of power whining before a hearing....just to remind Shanny what a bunch of bullies and  goons those Big Bad Bruins are
    Posted by Beezfan4life

Wait a second.  Our coach never says anything?  They all do...why? bc a camera and mic is stuck in their face as the game ends...heck they are even on the bench doing it in game. 
    Yes Torts has a stupid grin when his team gets a penalty and ours is a bobble head shaking it. 
    I believe Torts went overboard with this comment but all the coaches in the league do it.  Some more than others. 
    Ference is a moron.  For a variety of reasons.  For a guy that is so open in the media and then to do the things he does...he is classless.  Sure everyone thought he manned up when he called out his own player.  I wasnt.  I wasnt a fan of giving the fans in Montreal the finger.  I was not a fan of his no-hit on Halpren...I was not a fan of this garbage hockey play.  Its not much different than what Papierre did to Nicole a few yrs back.  Garbage is garbage.  He continues to put his foot in his mouth.

Yes Torts was a bit overblown...but if that was one our guys getting drilled like that this board would be crying for a 50 game suspension.  Torts just a few weeks ago was ripping his own player for running a guy.  And as for the rangers loving avery?  Where is he playing? Torts hates him. 

AV and Ruff whine a lot.  I think Torts speaks his mind and hates speaking with the media.  Heck he basically told his owner to shut his yap.  Love him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: comment from the fonz : Wait a second.  Our coach never says anything?  They all do...why? bc a camera and mic is stuck in their face as the game ends...heck they are even on the bench doing it in game.  Yes Torts has a stupid grin when his team gets a penalty and ours is a bobble head shaking it.  I believe Torts went overboard with this comment but all the coaches in the league do it.  Some more than others.  Ference is a moron.  For a variety of reasons.  For a guy that is so open in the media and then to do the things he does...he is classless.  Sure everyone thought he manned up when he called out his own player.  I wasnt.  I wasnt a fan of giving the fans in Montreal the finger.  I was not a fan of his no-hit on Halpren...I was not a fan of this garbage hockey play.  Its not much different than what Papierre did to Nicole a few yrs back.  Garbage is garbage.  He continues to put his foot in his mouth. Yes Torts was a bit overblown...but if that was one our guys getting drilled like that this board would be crying for a 50 game suspension.  Torts just a few weeks ago was ripping his own player for running a guy.  And as for the rangers loving avery?  Where is he playing? Torts hates him.  AV and Ruff whine a lot.  I think Torts speaks his mind and hates speaking with the media.  Heck he basically told his owner to shut his yap.  Love him. 
    Posted by shuperman
    I respect you opinion Shupe,and yes Torts can be funny at times, I'm definatly not condoning what Ference did..It was a bad decision on his part, but, all I'm getting at is, what if Chara gets carried off the ice on a stretcher from the Prust hit? To me it looked like Torts was lobbying , but I didn't hear him call out his own player. Just because Chara luckly was not injured from the hit, doesn't make it any less violent than the Ference hit. And I never said anything about the Rangers loving Avery. I'm glad he's not playing in the NHL. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Torts needs to skip the post game press conference since he doesn't seem capable of composing himself emotionally right after the game.  His comments after the Winter Classic were idiotic.

I only wish that during his carrying on and whining last night sombody asked him about the Prust hit.

He's lobbying the league -- get used to this crap after every game now.  AV and Torts have found a new way to hurt their opponents and it reminds me a lot of soccer and basketball.  Playing up injuries and lobbying refs...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Torts needs to skip the post game press conference since he doesn't seem capable of composing himself emotionally right after the game.  His comments after the Winter Classic were idiotic. I only wish that during his carrying on and whining last night sombody asked him about the Prust hit. He's lobbying the league -- get used to this crap after every game now.  AV and Torts have found a new way to hurt their opponents and it reminds me a lot of soccer and basketball.  Playing up injuries and lobbying refs...
    Posted by Fletcher1

I agree with the first part, Yes Torts is heated up and yes he gets angry with dumb-dumb questions.  He speaks out of emotion a lot.  BUT, he has to speak with them.  No out option.  I believe the team can be fined if he refuses to speak.  So its not like he is skipping in there to answer questions.  He saw his player bent over in half with his arm pinned under him after a very wreckless play by an opposing player.  I would hope CJ would say the exact same thing...in fact he has.  
    CJ defended Marchand, he defended Lucic, he defends his players when asked.  He has a club that is in the media more than any team.  Some warranted-some not.  CJ defending his players actions is no different than the other guy wanting something done.  CJ has called out Marchand for a few of his things but he sure as heck sticks up for them as well.  

AND- The real issue was a very dangerous play by a player that continues to talk the talk- then refuses to walk the walk.  AF as a dman should know better.   His BS answer to the media was as classic as his finger getting stuck or he didnt see Halpren excuse.  Wasnt AF whining about a suspension???? At least Marchand knows he is a little rat.  AF is a wolf in sheeps clothing.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: comment from the fonz : I respect you opinion Shupe,and yes Torts can be funny at times, I'm definatly not condoning what Ference did..It was a bad decision on his part, but, all I'm getting at is, what if Chara gets carried off the ice on a stretcher from the Prust hit? To me it looked like Torts was lobbying , but I didn't hear him call out his own player. Just because Chara luckly was not injured from the hit, doesn't make it any less violent than the Ference hit. And I never said anything about the Rangers loving Avery. I'm glad he's not playing in the NHL. 
    Posted by Beezfan4life

Beez- we can agree to disagree and I still respect each others opinion.  Heck Fletch and I are always fighting like the Sedin Sisters. 
    Sometimes his act gets old but I just think he speaks his mind.  Doesnt care if a camera is watching.  Doesnt care if he says stuff about his players(like when his goalies can't make a save- or a few weeks back when his player ran someone).  He calls his own out, he calls others out heck he called his owner out.  If he only called out opposing players I would say he is whining.  He just doesnt hold anything in. 

To be honest- I didnt see the Prust on Chara.  I just find it funny that after all we do(play over the edge A LOT), we always have a quick look what he did to our guy.  I dislike all this suspension talk.  Its not hockey anymore.  The Bruins are under the microscope now.  Its a path we created...and is also combined with success...its easy to hate the big bad bruins.  No different than Philly back in the Bully days.  I just think hockey is turning into a WWE sideshow.   

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: comment from the fonz":
    In Response to Re: comment from the fonz : Beez- we can agree to disagree and I still respect each others opinion.  Heck Fletch and I are always fighting like the Sedin Sisters.  Sometimes his act gets old but I just think he speaks his mind.  Doesnt care if a camera is watching.  Doesnt care if he says stuff about his players(like when his goalies can't make a save- or a few weeks back when his player ran someone).  He calls his own out, he calls others out heck he called his owner out.  If he only called out opposing players I would say he is whining.  He just doesnt hold anything in.  To be honest- I didnt see the Prust on Chara.  I just find it funny that after all we do(play over the edge A LOT), we always have a quick look what he did to our guy.  I dislike all this suspension talk.  Its not hockey anymore.  The Bruins are under the microscope now.  Its a path we created...and is also combined with success...its easy to hate the big bad bruins.  No different than Philly back in the Bully days.  I just think hockey is turning into a WWE sideshow.    Posted by shuperman
    Well we can genuinely agree that the league has become a circus act of late. I have to admit this is starting out of hand , with shammy being more and more visible each day .the onus has to be on the players to stop all this garbage. We as Bruins fans like our team to be the physical beasts that other teams find difficult to play against .but lately our team is in the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to "Re: comment from the fonz": Well we can genuinely agree that the league has become a circus act of late. I have to admit this is starting out of hand , with shammy being more and more visible each day .the onus has to be on the players to stop all this garbage. We as Bruins fans like our team to be the physical beasts that other teams find difficult to play against .but lately our team is in the headlines for all the wrong reasons.
    Posted by Beezfan4life

Shanny looks like Monty Burns he has aged so much bc of this.  Hockey talk is much more interesting and debateable than all this stuff.  Its daily.  Mark my words that there will be a thread from todays games about a suspension coming.  Watch and see.  I wanna be wrong...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: comment from the fonz : Shanny looks like Monty Burns he has aged so much bc of this.  Hockey talk is much more interesting and debateable than all this stuff.  Its daily.  Mark my words that there will be a thread from todays games about a suspension coming.  Watch and see.  I wanna be wrong...
    Posted by shuperman

It seems to me that lately instead of hockey fans talking about a great game or play they saw the night before, it seem's to be they're talking about a questionable hit,dirty check, hit to the head,slew foot, clip and about the daily concussion update. Oh by the way Briere's out with a concussion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: comment from the fonz : Shanny looks like Monty Burns he has aged so much bc of this.  Hockey talk is much more interesting and debateable than all this stuff.  Its daily.  Mark my words that there will be a thread from todays games about a suspension coming.  Watch and see.  I wanna be wrong...
    Posted by shuperman

Except Shanny (through tented fingers) says "excrement"......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: comment from the fonz : Except Shanny (through tented fingers) says "excrement"......
    Posted by dezaruchi

Well played

Sections
Shortcuts