Compared To Bruins And Hawks Canucks Have Stood Still - Vancouver Province

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Compared To Bruins And Hawks Canucks Have Stood Still - Vancouver Province

Don't you enjoy reading any article that presents issues with the Canucks and portrays the Bruins favourably?  This is one of them.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/comparison+Bruins+Blackhawks+Canucks+have/8595379/story.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Compared To Bruins And Hawks Canucks Have Stood Still - Vancouver Province

The Canucks paid Keith Ballard $4.2 million. That brings us around to another problem facing the Orcans. According to CapGeek, they've got $47,222 in cap space and just 17 players signed for next season. Buyouts and a Roberto Luongo trade will alleviate some, but not, all of that."

When you get in the $4M a year range is where you can get a team into trouble if the player starts to under-perform (see Ryder PC coundn't give him away). The reluctance to Buyout Luongo is a laugh especially after what Gillis was asking for before in trade.

I really though the article was going to be about how Bruin fans took the loss much, much better than the whining fanbase of Vancouver. But still fun to see Gillis squirm for sure!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The Canucks paid Keith Ballard $4.2 million. That brings us around to another problem facing the Orcans. According to CapGeek, they've got $47,222 in cap space and just 17 players signed for next season. Buyouts and a Roberto Luongo trade will alleviate some, but not, all of that."

When you get in the $4M a year range is where you can get a team into trouble if the player starts to under-perform (see Ryder PC coundn't give him away). The reluctance to Buyout Luongo is a laugh especially after what Gillis was asking for before in trade.

I really though the article was going to be about how Bruin fans took the loss much, much better than the whining fanbase of Vancouver. But still fun to see Gillis squirm for sure!

San, I'd welcome the sight of that team's decline down the standings if it should happen.  Plus the thought of Tortorella vs the Vancouver sports media where any repeat of his past blow ups will be front page news in that city.  Unless a leopard can change its spots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

now they're talking of maybe trading Schneider instead....  panic starting to set in....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

now they're talking of maybe trading Schneider instead....  panic starting to set in....

If I were Van I would not mind this, providing a good return for Schneider. Luongo is still the better goalie imho and Lack  (who is no slouch) is still in the farm....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

If I were Van I would not mind this, providing a good return for Schneider. Luongo is still the better goalie imho and Lack  (who is no slouch) is still in the farm....

jm, good to hear from you. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thanks RHO.

How's GTA? The people lapsing into catatonic schizophrenia over all the ufa's Nonis is going to sign?

Sections
Shortcuts