Concerned.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: Concerned.

WalktheLine, you really think he went out and got hammered? Come on, man. There wasn't enough evidence for a lot of people to hammer down on Big Ben for his incidents; you don't have nearly enough now. I'm pretty sure they probably got to Winnipeg in the wee-hours of the morning (likely 4AM or so)...I'm pretty sure the bars were closed. If he was hammered, he did it on the plane ride in, and went straight to sleep afterwards.

A little logic can go a long way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Not concerned....yet.

Tyler's actions lacked professionalism and he was appropriately punished.  How he responds will speak volumes of his character and the path he is blazing for his career.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

One more post about nothing. Sure they wanted Tyler to " get the message". This kid, like most others, has not been raised at West Point, where personal discipline is stressed, but not always followed. Let's get back to hockey

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

I am not concerned about his sleeping in.  I am more concerned about him dipping.  I dipped for 20+ years and can tell you from experience, it is not wise.  When he decides to quit, he will run into health problems that could affect his play.  He needs to get off that shnit now, before his habit gets worse!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm going with Shupe's analysis but from a different angle.
    He told Caron to wake him up, Caron was his alarm. 

On another note Kampfer was seen before breakfast (5am) ready for the team breakfast/meeting.  He prepared coffee for the team and hoped McQuaid's alarm didn't go off.

p.s. quote from my buddy Ryan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

1. Late night, long flight after a game
    2. Alarm set to "East" time goes off an hour early, he wakes up and relaizes it then hits the "snooze" button. Ooops.
    3. No roommates on the road (adjoining rooms)
    4. As Claud said, he has done this "multiple times"
    5. His employer pays him (potentially) $3mil/year so he should be getting up for work
    6. They have had enough and sent a message that he will have to live with

I see him coming out with a vengence tonight as a result. I read that during the playoffs last year when he was not in the lineup he would sometimes spend as much as the first two periods of the game in the weight room pumping iron and blowing off steam. Look at him this year as a result.. the kid is jacked and better off for it, just like this "punishment" will eventually prove.

Let's face it.. if we were late for work on multiple occasions and missed important required meetings, would we still be employed?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Concerned.:
    [QUOTE]Seguin's story just doesn't make sense (at the very least, there is more to this than we are being told.) I think this is a very big concern but most folks on these boards are giving Tyler a pass? What will the excuse be if he doesn't do much against Florida? Sound off...
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

As I posted yesterday, we will know some of the details, but not all of them. I say today....who cares?...has his play been indicative of some deep-rooted-malady that will bring  destruction to the BRUINS, and the end of a promising career? Maybe he'll come out today and say he doesn't want to play hockey anymore, as he like to go to college and pursue another interest. If so, it is what it is! Anyway, if there is a problem, this organization will address it.I know 29 gm's wish they had this wayward 19 year old.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Trade him for Phil Kessel................

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Concerned.:
    [QUOTE]The drinking age in Canada is 18, yes? He went out, got hammered and then overslept. Maybe not even at the team hotel.Claude said this has happened more than a few times. Sitting his immature a$$ in the press box was an appropriate response. If the kid is really a problem we'll hear more about it down the road. I suspect he will improve his behaviour now that he's basically been called out publicly.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Walk, the Bruins got in at 2am in the morning. The Bars and restaurants are closed by then in Manitoba.

I doubt he had his own stash.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

why does it matter what he was doing? drinking, scewing, crotcheting, playing x-box, talking to his mom on the phone... he's a 19 year old kid(funny how some posters seem to "know" what he was doing). as long as he's not out raping, stealing, killing, hurting others... it's no big deal, and no business of mine. if these minor mishaps CONTINUE, and become regular, there may be a me before team issue. let's not get our britches in a pinch over nothing. especially when we have so little information available to make these assumptions of his character/ or lack thereof. think of what you were doing when you were 19 years old. those extra bucks in his pocket/ and fame he has at such a young age, make it a situation we as fans cannot realistically understand. people make it out to be more than it is... HE OVERSLEPT. yeesh

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]why does it matter what he was doing? drinking, scewing, crotcheting, playing x-box, talking to his mom on the phone... he's a 19 year old kid(funny how some posters seem to "know" what he was doing). as long as he's not out raping, stealing, killing, hurting others... it's no big deal, and no business of mine. if these minor mishaps CONTINUE, and become regular, there may be a me before team issue. let's not get our britches in a pinch over nothing. especially when we have so little information available to make these assumptions of his character/ or lack thereof. think of what you were doing when you were 19 years old. those extra bucks in his pocket/ and fame he has at such a young age, make it a situation we as fans cannot realistically understand. people make it out to be more than it is... HE OVERSLEPT. yeesh
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Moving forward...yes....we can only hope that he's learned his lesson.  But it's common knowledge know that he has done this several times before.  It also seems like the Bruins wanted to embarrass him as part of the punishment.  They easily could have kept it private but they didn't.  Hopefully this works.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LMAO !  Told you guys it was Caron the alarm clock. Good way to get into the line-up, hey ? 
    On my earlier post I didn't know Caron was his roommate.
    Of course I'm kidding but somewhere there are people that will start a new conspiracy theory LOL..

From today's blog.

Jordan Caron, Seguin's roomate both at home and on the road, said Seguin was still sleeping when he woke up early Tuesday morning and left the room. He sat at the team breakfast in the hotel, with Seguin still not in attendance, and said he telephoned Seguin in the room as attempt to stir him.

''I called a few times,'' said Jordan. ''I guess his phone was off, or something.''

Jordan added a couple of time that it was ''just an accident'' and he was sure it woud not happen again.

Given that the team breakfast and subsequent meeting both were in the same hotel where Seguin slept, a Globe reporter asked if Caron considered simply returning to the room to haul his roommmate to the meeting.

''I didn't have time,'' he said. ''The meeting was starting right after breakfast.''

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]LMAO !  Told you guys it was Caron the alarm clock. Good way to get into the line-up, hey ?  On my earlier post I didn't know Caron was his roommate. Of course I'm kidding but somewhere there are people that will start a new conspiracy theory LOL.. From today's blog. Jordan Caron, Seguin's roomate both at home and on the road, said Seguin was still sleeping when he woke up early Tuesday morning and left the room. He sat at the team breakfast in the hotel, with Seguin still not in attendance, and said he telephoned Seguin in the room as attempt to stir him. ''I called a few times,'' said Jordan. ''I guess his phone was off, or something.'' Jordan added a couple of time that it was ''just an accident'' and he was sure it woud not happen again. Given that the team breakfast and subsequent meeting both were in the same hotel where Seguin slept, a Globe reporter asked if Caron considered simply returning to the room to haul his roommmate to the meeting. ''I didn't have time,'' he said. ''The meeting was starting right after breakfast.''
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, you need to get a break any way you can. It worked.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

They got into Winnipeg at 3:00 AM - everything was closed.  You figure he got to bed at 4:30.  He was supposed to be at breakfast by 11:30, so it's possible the he over slept.  I heard that many of the guys' blackberries were stuck on Mountain Time, which is an hour behind Central time. 

It's plausible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Hey everyone, this is Tyler. Sorry 'bout missing the game on Tuesday. I was getting some pu $$y after the Pittsburgh game and the ho kept me up half the night. Met her at the Winnipeg airport. She was a real tramp and I did her good, but next time I'll get to the breakfast and meeting on time, don't worry. Oh c'mon, if you were 19 and made 3+ mil a year, you'd be getting tail in every city too! And Florida is going to pay for this, 'cause I AM PI$$ED! I'll probably get a hat trick against those losers! They haven't made the playoffs in ten years. Heck, I'm only 19 and I've already won a Stanley Cup. I can't wait to light it up against those jackwagons.

Cheers,
    Tyler

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

"I heard that many of the guys' blackberries were stuck on Mountain Time, which is an hour behind Central time."

Heard from whom, some dude on another thread?  Seguin's excuse was that he was "still on Boston time" - which is an hour ahead of central.  They flew to Winnipeg from Pittsburgh (Eastern/Boston time zone)... If anything, he should've been up early.

Bottom line is - none of us knows what happened; it's all just speculation.  What is certain, though, is that anyone defending Seguin and saying he should have played in the game is one of two things:

a) A monday-morning quarterback (because the Bruins lost the game and would definitely have won had Seguin been in)

b) A Seguin fanboy (because he's the greatest, he shouldn't be held accountable to team rules because he's so awesome, and you miss him when he's not around)

In the end - it's all over for now.  We will not know for a long time the exact details of what went down so the subject has been exhausted.  Time for everyone (including the media - who latch on to non-stories like this like a life-ring in the mid-Atlantic) to move along...

There are plenty bigger fish to fry this season - beginning with a game against a much-improved Florida team tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]Hey everyone, this is Tyler. Sorry 'bout missing the game on Tuesday. I was getting some pu $$y after the Pittsburgh game and the ho kept me up half the night. Met her at the Winnipeg airport. She was a real tramp and I did her good, but next time I'll get to the breakfast and meeting on time, don't worry. And Florida is going to pay for this, 'cause I AM PI$$ED! I'll probably get a hat trick against those losers! They haven't made the playoffs in ten years. Heck, I'm only 19 and I've already won a Stanley Cup. I can't wait to light it up against these jackwagons. Cheers, Tyler
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS[/QUOTE]
    way to keep it classy tyler, i'm surprised to hear that tone with you... more fitting of some of the mentally challenged posters on the site in which you just posted. oh wait... this really isn't tyler seguin? you kidder charawins... very subtle attempt at humor, you my friend are a true wordsmith.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]"I heard that many of the guys' blackberries were stuck on Mountain Time, which is an hour behind Central time." Heard from whom, some dude on another thread?  Seguin's excuse was that he was "still on Boston time" - which is an hour ahead of central.  They flew to Winnipeg from Pittsburgh (Eastern/Boston time zone)... If anything, he should've been up early. Bottom line is - none of us knows what happened; it's all just speculation.  What is certain, though, is that anyone defending Seguin and saying he should have played in the game is one of two things: a) A monday-morning quarterback (because the Bruins lost the game and would definitely have won had Seguin been in) b) A Seguin fanboy (because he's the greatest, he shouldn't be held accountable to team rules because he's so awesome, and you miss him when he's not around) In the end - it's all over for now.  We will not know for a long time the exact details of what went down so the subject has been exhausted.  Time for everyone (including the media - who latch on to non-stories like this like a life-ring in the mid-Atlantic) to move along... There are plenty bigger fish to fry this season - beginning with a game against a much-improved Florida team tonight.
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]

That's what Sean Thorton said on 98.5 this morning.  He said they got in around 3:00AM.  Nothing was open.  He said the kid got to breakfast at 11:45.

But believe whatever you want to believe.  It's not like your opinion has any impact on anything.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm not buying that it was an honest mistake.
    Why would he be punished for an honest mistake?
    I don't have kids, but those of you that do - do you punish your kids for honest mistakes?

I believe he did something wrong and got punished for it.

No matter, because its all good.  Media/fans/myself have had a love affair with Tyler from day 1.  No wait, way before day 1, way before.

I think it is really good for Tyler to understand how the fans and media can get rough on him.  A little taste of the bad side isn't such a bad thing, it will happen sooner or later and it's better he get exposed sooner rather than later.

We're not talking Kessel here, where a pretty reasonable speculation was that either CJ goes or he does. 

Tyler is a good kid, I would be surprised if we hear more of this.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

"It's not like your opinion has any impact on anything."

The point is, it's a bogus excuse.  And as for 'impact' it's got just as much as the rest of the opinions here, including yours.  So, I suppose I've got that going for me...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup Badhab, right again, it was a continued late to class action.  Now, he may have sleep apnea, or "bad oysters" yet it was a pattern. I like the Caron anaylsis above.  hahahaha

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Its an honest mistake if it happens once or twice. When it happens frequently its just laziness. The dumbest jock on the planet can figure out how to set the hotel alarm clock or set up a hotel wakeup call, clearly he did neither.

[QUOTE]I'm not buying that it was an honest mistake. Why would he be punished for an honest mistake? I don't have kids, but those of you that do - do you punish your kids for honest mistakes? I believe he did something wrong and got punished for it. No matter, because its all good.  Media/fans/myself have had a love affair with Tyler from day 1.  No wait, way before day 1, way before. I think it is really good for Tyler to understand how the fans and media can get rough on him.  A little taste of the bad side isn't such a bad thing, it will happen sooner or later and it's better he get exposed sooner rather than later. We're not talking Kessel here, where a pretty reasonable speculation was that either CJ goes or he does.  Tyler is a good kid, I would be surprised if we hear more of this.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts