Condolences go out to Sandog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Condolences go out to Sandog

Joe Haggerty
    Lane MacDermid and Max Sauve both sent to Providence this morning. Cuts B's roster down to 25 players that will all do team-building events

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Condolences go out to Sandog

I agree with Fluto Max needs to find more Jam in his game. Nice assist on Clark's game winning goal the other night but that isn't enough. Credit too PC and Julien they gave the kid every chance on the 3rd n 4th lines to win a spot, now he has to earn it.

Looks to me like he's starting to grow into that 6'1" frame much stronger in the corners. I see him piling up points with Arniel on the wanna Bs first line this season. Can't have it all can yah, Chowdah, Clark gets a two way contract or a one way contract ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

San, realisticallty they never had a chance when Pouliot and Clark were brought in.  They do not fit the cj way, they will ply their trades below as many do to save the salaries in the elite.

Clark will sign for 600K any more is just a waste, he is not the missing link for the repeat.

Seems to me we are sliding backwards and hoping, no relying on the improvement of our youth to cover the loss of our experience. We know how that worked 2 years ago.  You lose your 2nd and 3rd RWers and replace them with Pouliot and Clark, go figure.

We have a very good nucleus but, I would have preferred a better replacement than we have aquired, no I would have been happier to bring the youth up for 3 months and if they are not what we need then get what we need, not another project and a "he's got experience" player.

We upgrade on D with Corvo why go backward on O.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Julien all but confirmed what has seemed a sure thing for several days: Jordan Caron has locked up a roster spot.

“A guy who was part of that (on-the-bubble) group isn’t here,” said Julien. “Caron, he’s had a great camp, so you can read between the lines on that. But we need to see more of Pouliot, Clark, Sauve and MacDermid.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view.bg?articleid=1370351&srvc=next_article

Since Caron has a spot it only leaves one left and since Pouliot is already signed and would need to be waived I think its his to lose.  If we sign Clark it will likely be a 2-way deal and he will head to the wanabees.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

But, but Caron is staying up, right?  So the question is who plays and who gets the heathy scratch.  Sure hope it's Caron in, Pouliot and Clark out.  Give the new talent room to shine.  I haven't been able to watch any pre-season games, but based on what I've read, Caron is a keeper.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Condolences go out to Sandog:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Fluto Max needs to find more Jam in his game. Nice assist on Clark's game winning goal the other night but that isn't enough. Credit too PC and Julien they gave the kid every chance on the 3rd n 4th lines to win a spot, now he has to earn it. Looks to me like he's starting to grow into that 6'1" frame much stronger in the corners. I see him piling up points with Arniel on the wanna Bs first line this season. Can't have it all can yah, Chowdah, Clark gets a two way contract or a one way contract ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

It's a long season sandog. Hopefully he'll play good down in Providence and be one of the first call-ups .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Condolences go out to Sandog : It's a long season sandog. Hopefully he'll play good down in Providence and be one of the first call-ups .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Sauve certainly looked like a better player than the one who showed up last year. I hope you're right and a good start will earn him a promotion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Condolences go out to Sandog:[QUOTE] realisticallty they never had a chance when Pouliot and Clark were brought in.  They do not fit the cj way, they will ply their trades below as many do to save the salaries in the elite.  You lose your 2nd and 3rd RWers and replace them with Pouliot and Clark, go figure. We have a very good nucleus but, I would have preferred a better replacement than we have aquired, no I would have been happier to bring the youth up for 3 months and if they are not what we need then get what we need, not another project and a "he's got experience" player. We upgrade on D with Corvo why go backward on O. Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

I didn't say I liked it, I have to put up with "the rules", can you imagine Julien trying to break in two rookies at the same time ? Some might argue, well Krejci and Kessel were rookies in 08', not really David had already paid his dues in providence.

Sauve and Arniel will get there in spite of reluctance just like the cup came despite Seguin's minutes going down after his 2 goal explosion against Tampa.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

san dog... you mean like seguin and marchand? what does clode and "his system" have to do to get a little respect around here? win 4 or 5 cups? let's hope that's what he does, although i doubt it will do much to silence his detractors.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Condolences go out to Sandog : I didn't say I liked it, I have to put up with "the rules", can you imagine Julien trying to break in two rookies at the same time ? Some might argue, well Krejci and Kessel were rookies in 08', not really David had already paid his dues in providence. Sauve and Arniel will get there in spite of reluctance just like the cup came despite Seguin's minutes going down after his 2 goal explosion against Tampa.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Agreed that he paid his dues in the AHL to be promoted. Disagree with the notion that Krejci paying his dues in the AHL wouldn't constitute him being a rookie and still having to learn the NHL game.

Older players in the NHL when Krejci was a rookie were world class players. Older players in the AHL in Krecji's last year are now battling for the puck in beer leagues with Badhab, Chowda and Sandog ( a bit of a stretch ).

He still had a lot to learn.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Julien's broken in a dozen players including the first line C, first and second line LWs, Seguin, Rask and McQuaid among the regulars, and Wheeler, Stuart, and Bitz among the guys shipped out to acquire pieces of the championship puzzle. 

To be fair, Julien doesn't throw rookies out and let them learn from their mistakes, but he's more than willing to let a guy go once he earns a shot.  And that seems to be working.

Sections
Shortcuts