Congrats Claude

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Congrats Claude

Passes Milt Schmidt on the Bruins all-time coaching wins list with win number 246.  It wasn't that long ago that a lot Bruins fans wanted him out of here.....or at least made avatars of him enjoying some KFC. 

Kudos Claude......well done!  Hopefully he can bring another Cup to back to Boston!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Congrats Claude

As far as i'm concerned he's done a great job with the B's, deserves all the credit he is getting.Still think he doesn't get enough credit sometimes but he keeps the Bruins from straying to far off course and are hard to play against on most nights. Coaching at the NHL level is very hard and to stay with one franchise for a while is not easy, especially coaching an original six team.Even his go to guy Thornton scored again, what a coach.Way to go CJ.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I was one the individuals who criticized the system and Homer's positional play.  A Stanley Cup winner made me a whiner.  He deserves credit in meshing in the young players with select veterans to make an excellent team.  Congrats Claude!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to jalvis' comment:

Passes Milt Schmidt on the Bruins all-time coaching wins list with win number 246.  It wasn't that long ago that a lot Bruins fans wanted him out of here.....or at least made avatars of him enjoying some KFC. 

Kudos Claude......well done!  Hopefully he can bring another Cup to back to Boston!

Still the best avatar ever....imho. I still laugh when I think about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

For some reason, BDC is refusing to let me paste the photo here.  I love that photo.  I imagined Julien sitting in his office the night of the Cup win, with the champagne flowing and players celebrating, and families running around the room...sitting in his office with a well-earned bucket of chicken.  The big bucket.

Sadly, the original seems to come from this blog:

http://buffalo74.wordpress.com/2011/03/11/claude-julien-devourer-of-chickens/

But that doesn't make the photo less funny.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

hahaha...love the caption: "Maybe he wants a 12th spice?"

Thanks Book.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Now if only someone could replace the bucket of chicken with a Cup of chicken.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

When asked for a comment about the accomplishment, Julien deflected praise as usual.  "I don't think you can compare," Julien said. "It is two different eras and the scoring system has changed and we don't have ties now."

He doesn't waste any time basking in his accomplishments.  He's focused on the task at hand.  That's why he's a Stanley  Cup winning coach. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

I was one the individuals who criticized the system and Homer's positional play.  A Stanley Cup winner made me a whiner.  He deserves credit in meshing in the young players with select veterans to make an excellent team.  Congrats Claude!

Je suis d'accord.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He has been a solid coach and he will become the Bruins coach with the most wins all time when he leaves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Great achievement, but another Cup win will be even better!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

He has been a solid coach and he will become the Bruins coach with the most wins all time when he leaves.

116 more wins is a pretty tall order. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Mutant211's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

116 more wins is a pretty tall order. 

It is but I believe he'll do it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Peter has given Claude the horses, and Claude has instilled his defense first system. As long as the players perform as directed this team will be successful. Having been observing for a loooong time, I still have a few critical views, but, I'm not signing the checks.

Sections
Shortcuts