Congrats Savy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Congrats Savy

Good to see he is doing well in life after hockey. Champion on ice and the links!

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2013/08/05/at-long-last-savard-wins-the-kawartha-invitational

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Re: Congrats Savy

one more time not cut off....

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2013/08/05/at-long-last-savard-wins-the-kawartha-invitational

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Rufus604's comment:

Good post, Rufus and good for him.  Still, there were moments while watching the Bruins where I'd wonder what-might-have-been with him still in the lineup pre-concussion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Good post, Rufus and good for him.  Still, there were moments while watching the Bruins where I'd wonder what-might-have-been with him still in the lineup pre-concussion.

Considering all that needs to align and go right just to win the Cup, I'd say they don't win in 2011 with Savard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

[QUOTE]

Considering all that needs to align and go right just to win the Cup, I'd say they don't win in 2011 with Savard.

[/QUOTE]

NAS I really don't understand why your assault on Savard continues.  OK, he whined more than his share but he was a huge part of bringing the Bruins back to respectability.  I will always be thankful for that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

Savy a pretty soild golfer. I wonder if he has any senior tour aspirations. He is only 36 and has 14 more years to work on his game. The thing that suprised me the most was in the picture he looked like in was in pretty good shape. I was always under the impression that he was not in the best shape when he played hockey so this is the first picture I seen of him and I kind of expected to see him having chunked up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Next thing for Savard would be qualifiers and the web.com tour. It would be cool to one day see him out on the PGA tour. Shooting in the 70s on a Saturday isn't going to cut it though, Marc has some work to do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

NAS I really don't understand why your assault on Savard continues.  OK, he whined more than his share but he was a huge part of bringing the Bruins back to respectability.  I will always be thankful for that.

My post wasn't about Savard, but instead about the team winning the Cup.  If Savard is still on the team, Krejci is the second line center.  Where is Bergeron?  Third line center, or second line winger?  The cascade of changes continues through to the fourth line.

It's an entirely different squad.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

[QUOTE]

My post wasn't about Savard, but instead about the team winning the Cup.  If Savard is still on the team, Krejci is the second line center.  Where is Bergeron?  Third line center, or second line winger?  The cascade of changes continues through to the fourth line.

[/QUOTE]

I gotta agree with NAS here.  After Savard went down for good ( i know technically he never retired but lets call it as it is) the team got active with trades etc to get a cup winning team.  If Savard were still able to play, the team would probably look a lot different.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It's also possible they could have won both Finals with Savard in the lineup, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Like NAS said, just about every single line would be different with Savard in there.  We will never know for sure what the team would have looked like or done with Savard in the lineup, but we do know that they won the cup without him because of the lineup in place.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It's also possible they could have won both Finals with Savard in the lineup, right?

It's possible they could have won with Wheeler, Wideman and Stuart also, but that will never be known.

I think Bergeron being the second line center was very important to the team's success.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"It's possible they could have won with Wheeler, Wideman and Stuart also"

As JW mentioned during the cup celebration, those above mentioned players are nice fellas but there replacements Marchand, Seidenberg, McQuaid and Peverley raised the cup.

Savard doesn't need to answer any questions as far his name being on the cup or coming back to play even though his concussion symptoms were there.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Ouch.

Poor planning on my part...my wife and I are heading that way (from the Right Coast) on Friday to visit family and will arrive in Peterborough on Saturday.

...would have loved to follow Savard around to finish that tournament.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

This is fantastic news, I'm so relieved that he's able to play golf and he's out there and instead of stuck in some bedroom with the shades down...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

This was what I was alluding to.  I wondered what the roster arrangements would have been and secondly, would the Bruins have gone as far with them.  Savard's skills were undeniable.

Sections
Shortcuts