Congrats to Jumbo Joe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Congrats to Jumbo Joe

1,000 points and still quite a few years to go.  Well done Joe!!  If the Bruins can't win the Cup this year, I would love to see Joe hoist it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Congrats to Jumbo Joe

agreed I loved watching Joe play, wish he was still here

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownbliss. Show btownbliss's posts

congrats big joe!!! you're the man

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats to Jumbo Joe:
    Posted by kelvana33

Kelv, your catch line is very appropriate for Joe.

He gets most of his points in diarrhea fashion. He must be the 1 out of 5 who doesn't suffer when he has diarrhea.

It's too bad he was constipated at important times when he was a Bruin.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Posted by kelvana33

Maybe if some of those points had come for us in the playoffs ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Great guy, great talent.  But didn't have the leadership qualities to make it happen here.  Injuries hampered him a bit too, but he didn't have the take- charge type of personality to get the team to the next level.  Much better fit for him in SJ.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Still think the Thorton trade was the final nail in the O'connel coffin.

Didn't understand the trade at the time and still don't. The team was off to a bad start and blammed it on joe even though he had more points than total games played at the time of the trade. I think he gets a bummed rep for playing with broken ribs vs the habs in 04. I agree he probably wasn't Captn. Material leadership wise but very good player none the less. I had remained a thorton supporter and fan until the comments he made about the bruins not getting disaplined this year. He is a clas guy always sighned autographs even after the game 7 lossto the habs in 04 he sighed my thorton jersey ( i almost threw it at him I was so angry after that game)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I know his lasting legacy will be he went pointless in that 7 game series against Montreal but he did play with 2 broken ribs. When you play in the NHL playoffs with 2 broken ribs, that doesn't show leadership?  He may have been quiet and laid back but I don't remember hearing Joe Sakic went all Herb Brooks in the locker room before the many big games he played in. As for his playoff resume, He'll have plenty more oppurtunities to fix that but I do remember him scorin g a OT goal in the playoffs last year.
    He still looks better in the B's uniform.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

He may have been quiet and laid back but I don't remember hearing Joe Sakic went all Herb Brooks in the locker room before the many big games he played in.
    Posted by kelvana33

1.  Because you didn't hear it, it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

2.  Even if that were the case, Sakic showed up on the score sheet.

Joe Thornton's legacy in Boston is an entitled kid who had half of a heart.  His legacy in the NHL is going to be "That Joe Thornton, boy was he a great passer when there was no pressure on him."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Thornton is a great regular season guy who goes bottoms up in the playoffs. I cant look past that

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]Still think the Thorton trade was the final nail in the O'connel coffin.

Wish the nail had come much, much sooner.  Perhaps we'd still have Joe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats to Jumbo Joe : It's too bad he was constipated at important times when he was a Bruin. Posted by Wheatskins

That's how I'll remember him in Boston. Funny how Joe is brought up around this time of year quite a bit on this board because his NHL legacy will be "could he help the Sharks to a title ?" then this board would light up with trolls in delight if Jumbo got it done in silicon valley. Joe doesn't have the goaltending so it won't happen in the wild west.

Book had it correct about Joe with his comments on the non suspension of Chara Jumbo is still bitter about the trade and when he opens his mouth he's still speaks like a an adolescent.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Still think the Thorton trade was the final nail in the O'connel coffin. Didn't understand the trade at the time and still don't. The team was off to a bad start and blammed it on joe even though he had more points than total games played at the time of the trade. I think he gets a bummed rep for playing with broken ribs vs the habs in 04. I agree he probably wasn't Captn. Material leadership wise but very good player none the less. I had remained a thorton supporter and fan until the comments he made about the bruins not getting disaplined this year. He is a clas guy always sighned autographs even after the game 7 lossto the habs in 04 he sighed my thorton jersey ( i almost threw it at him I was so angry after that game)
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

was the "N" missing on your jersey?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinscam. Show bruinscam's posts

yah another great trade because jacobs is cheap jerk

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

jumbo joe might need to change his name to the avg joe...21 goals and just 69 pts is his lowest pt total since the 98-99 season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Can't say I really miss him.  He's a good but fairly boring player.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

The trade was the best thing that happend to the Bruins.  He has 0 leadership and is a big choker in the playoffs.  The Bruins would have never made it through the first round with B Joe.  Instead the Bs dump his salary and went after other players that are making the Bs a better team.  I don't miss him at all!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldman33. Show oldman33's posts

Typical B's fans-always talking about 'what would've been'.  Here we go playoffs; against the Habs no less. Speaking of what would've been, weren't we up 3 games against Philly, not to mention a 3 goal lead in game 7? Get real. The biggest heartbreakers ALWAYS come against Montreal. I wish I had better news but, with the Masters this weekend, it kinda reminds me of the B's.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Typical B's fans-always talking about 'what would've been'.  Here we go playoffs; against the Habs no less. Speaking of what would've been, weren't we up 3 games against Philly, not to mention a 3 goal lead in game 7? Get real. The biggest heartbreakers ALWAYS come against Montreal. I wish I had better news but, with the Masters this weekend, it kinda reminds me of the B's.
    Posted by oldman33

Oldman, isn't it time for lunch and a nap?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

good for him, great regular season player, not so much in the playoffs. here's a true story: however many years back it was that joe was still with the b's(in his last season-didn't know that yet), i was out eating dinner before a concert with glen merkosky(detroit player, now detroit scout). we were talking hockey, and i mentioned the b's will never win anything with joe- he never shows up in the playoffs- he told me i was crazy- he's one of the most talented players in the nhl. i said the b's have to get fid of him and start in a new direction. i think at that point, he thought i was an idiot. well, about 5 or 6 months later joe's gone! and the bruins are better now than they ever were w/ joe (1 playoff series win in 8/9 years with joe). it always makes me laugh that an nhl scout laughed at me for saying what i said at the time... the bruins are a better team w/o joe, the san jose sharks are a better team w/ joe. both sides won. how about a b's/sharks final? could there be any better matchup?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

And if Chi takes care of business against the Wings tonight they will be facing Jumbo Joe. Say it ain't so Joe! Another potential first rd loss.

Sections
Shortcuts