Congrats to Phil The Thrill Kessel- Top Vote Getter, True All Star

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Re: Congrats to Phil The Thrill Kessel- Top Vote Getter, True All Star

To Kessel, an all star game...to the kid, a stanley cup ring....
    Hummm.  Enjoy the all star game cocktostony.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Kessel well deserved but this ballot system is a joke. It's nothing more than a battle of Leafs fans vs Sens fans. So far:

Alfredsson 2nd among forwards

Karlsson 1st among defenseman
    Phaneuf 2nd among defenseman

Reimer 1st among goalies

Give me a break

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

top vote getter, and still the last pick in the all-star draft...how funny would that be?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I'm willing to give him some credit.  He's putting up great numbers this season.  I don't think anybody ever really doubted his offensive ability -- but he may even be exceeding our expectations there showing some playmaking ability

He's still only a +1 though, which to me means he's about as much of a liability defensively as he's a threat offensively (however I understand it's not quite that simple)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Kessel is the American Sydney Crosby....but he isn't a whiner and he actually plays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Nah nobody doubts his ability.....his toe-drag wrister is all I miss though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

nash your joking right? You're comparing a league MVP and super star to a lazy immature star on a bottom feeding team?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Kessel started strong but is fading fast. In the last 30 days he is 3-7, and a -5. To compare Chris Kunitz is 5-6 and +5. Therefore, Kunitz>Kessel.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats to Phil The Thrill Kessel- Top Vote Getter, True All Star:
    Kessel well deserved but this ballot system is a joke. It's nothing more than a battle of Leafs fans vs Sens fans. So far: Alfredsson 2nd among forwards Karlsson 1st among defenseman Phaneuf 2nd among defenseman Reimer 1st among goalies Give me a break
    Posted by zamboni24

And I'm sure Carl Gunnarson will get more votes than Big Z. What a f#c.king joke. Fu.ck the Leafs & Sens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater99. Show skater99's posts

The day that I see pink-hats take over the Bruins fanbase is the day that I empty a clip

Thanks for the warning tough guy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats to Phil The Thrill Kessel- Top Vote Getter, True All Star:
    In Response to Re: Congrats to Phil The Thrill Kessel- Top Vote Getter, True All Star : And I'm sure Carl Gunnarson will get more votes than Big Z. What a f#c.king joke. Fu.ck the Leafs & Sens.
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS

Its all good, let all those guys go to the All Star game.  After the short summer for the B's a good break will be great for them.  Would just miss Chara in the slap shot contest although I guess he could still go for that even if not on the team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Good for Phil. Maybe he won't get picked last this year when they set the teams up (if they're using the same format as last year?).

Seriously, would Phil rather a Stanley Cup ring or be top vote getter in the All-Star game..........Geez, I'm really not sure on this one. Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I rather not have any Bruins voted for the All Useless Star Game anyways. I rather have them stay at home relaxing get ready for the 2nd hafl of the season and make another Cup run. Why take a chance in getting hurt ina useless game??

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

My heart skipped a beat when Thomas fell during the ridiculous "fastest skating goalie" race

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya, for me, I dont care who goes to the allstar game. The whole system of voting and the whole idea of an allstar weekend is S tupid IMO. I really think they should just drop the whole allstar weekend and stick to regular season play. I havent watched an allstar weekend in some 6 years...So boring and a waste of time.....Seriously... In the past its been the same old players, every year. Yes I know a little about who goes, but I just cant bring myself to watching it. Id rather the league drop it and we stick to the regular season.
    Ok, so that is one of my pet peeves and yes I am griping, but I cant help it when it comes to the AS weekend.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Kessel has 40 pts in 33 games and could approach 50 goals and 100 pts. The stats don't lie. He is a legit elite talent. Does he play defense...no....but he could end up with the most points, goals and even MVP if the Leafs make a playoff run. In that case he will be among the Thorntons, Crosbys and Malkins of the world. Maybe he doesn't score against the Bruins but guess what...no one else does either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

.....and Kessel is also +3 whereas Mr Hockey David Krejci is -3 on a great team

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

When it comes to Kessel and his value when things really count, lets imagine his role on Team USA if a World Cup or Olympics was being played this season.  No sense imagining his role with the Leafs during games that really count as they haven't played one of those in about 7 years.

So with Team USA, where does he fit in?  Top 6 guy or a spare part like he was in 2010?  I still do not see him in the top 6 mix on a US national team but that is just me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Kessel has 40 pts in 33 games and could approach 50 goals and 100 pts. The stats don't lie. He is a legit elite talent. Does he play defense...no....but he could end up with the most points, goals and even MVP if the Leafs make a playoff run. In that case he will be among the Thorntons, Crosbys and Malkins of the world. Maybe he doesn't score against the Bruins but guess what...no one else does either.
    Posted by nash99

Sedins win scoring races but play soft and arent particularly good defensively. What does that do for them in the postseason against tough teams like the B's?

Good for PK. Still dont care about his meaningless stats besides he has 40pts and a +/- of only 2. I'll take the team with 5 players in the top 10 in +/- who also all have 20+ points.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats to Phil The Thrill Kessel- Top Vote Getter, True All Star : Sedins win scoring races but play soft and arent particularly good defensively. What does that do for them in the postseason against tough teams like the B's? Good for PK. Still dont care about his meaningless stats besides he has 40pts and a +/- of only 2. I'll take the team with 5 players in the top 10 in +/- who also all have 20+ points.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

He's also a -4 since Nov1....
    Borderline elite scorer. Elite player, not within a country mile.
    He is the Raphael Palmiero of hockey. Would rather have 2 goals in a loss than 0 in a win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

If Kessel was still here he would score 40 goals and be a +20 just like he did before he left....The Bruins just didn't want to pay him...They thought Marco Sturm was a better all around player for the money. How did that work out? Fortunately, they woke up and traded for Horton so they would have a 1st line that could actually score a goal after they dumped Kessel

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

That ends that argument.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

^^^^^

Beat me to it mikzor. Nash that is exactly how it worked out.

Sections
Shortcuts