Congrats to the Caps

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Congrats to the Caps

Good strategy. Good execution. Well earned.

but I still don't like Dale Hunter.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Congrats to the Caps

Very classy. I concur. Good luck in the next round.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NormE. Show NormE's posts

Imagine boston fans "booing" the Bruins !   Yikes .... Karma comes back to bite the Bruins on the rear end  ..... and the cheer you hear is coming from Vancouver !
    Such classy fans .... Go Caps Go !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Shockingly, the Caps finally have an Identity and it has nothing to do with Ovechkin and the offense.   

It's now a team that blocks shots, gets in shooting lanes, is tight checking, and one that gives you very few second chances.   They were very tough to play against, and I would not be surprised if they do more damage in this year's playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Dig the sound 'malfunction' at the end as they are shaking hands. Someone can clearly be heard saying 'You keep playing the same f------ way...' before it gets faded out.

Well done Caps.

Shame on the fans who couldn't stay to applaud the team at the end of game 7 OT. Late and all and sure traffic is probably bad but would have been nice to hang around a couple of minutes, no?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

In response to "Re: Congrats to the Caps": [QUOTE]Dig the sound 'malfunction' at the end as they are shaking hands. Someone can clearly be heard saying 'You keep playing the same f------ way...' before it gets faded out. Well done Caps. Shame on the fans who couldn't stay to applaud the team at the end of game 7 OT. Late and all and sure traffic is probably bad but would have been nice to hang around a couple of minutes, no? Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE] Really? Fans should be cheering after a first round exit? From a 7th seed? No way they should of been bood off the ice the way they played

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats to the Caps:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Congrats to the Caps": Really? Fans should be cheering after a first round exit? From a 7th seed? No way they should of been bood off the ice the way they played
    Posted by tbone77[/QUOTE]

Did I say cheer? No. I said applaud.

As in "We're disappointed but its a long hard season and we appreciate your efforts even if you weren't up to it this year". Shee-it. 7 games decided by a single goal.

Don't give me the 7th seed bull. NYR is struggling to handle the 8th seed.
    Who'd have thought that a team with Wideman and Green would suddenly learn how to play defense and the rookie goalie would stand on his freakin head? No excuses. Caps have always been a tough matchup for the Bruins and they were again.

Doesn't change the fact that the fans that showed some class were the ones who stayed back a couple of minutes for the stick salute.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congrats to the Caps : Did I say cheer? No. I said applaud. As in "We're disappointed but its a long hard season and we appreciate your efforts even if you weren't up to it this year". Shee-it. 7 games decided by a single goal. Don't give me the 7th seed bull. NYR is struggling to handle the 8th seed. Who'd have thought that a team with Wideman and Green would suddenly learn how to play defense and the rookie goalie would stand on his freakin head? No excuses. Caps have always been a tough matchup for the Bruins and they were again. Doesn't change the fact that the fans that showed some class were the ones who stayed back a couple of minutes for the stick salute.
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you Kurako. It's not like the Bs were light years better than other teams and were heavy favorites to win. 3 game 7 wins last year shows how close things are. The NHL has the most parity of any pro league, so a 2 vs 7 match up doesn't mean the 2 seed is a shoe in like in the NBA. The Bs battled through 7 games of the tightest series in NHL history and didn't quite get it done. Kudos for the effort boys, recharge the batteries for a good run next year

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from robs4815. Show robs4815's posts

Great series. The capitals controlled the whole series. However.....Dale hunter is still a scum bag.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Yep. Hate Hunter. Hate him. But his team earned the series. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In Response to Congrats to the Caps:
    [QUOTE]Good strategy. Good execution. Well earned. but I still don't like Dale Hunter.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]

100% correct

Still could've went either way

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukins. Show lukins's posts

Agree completely with the theme of this thread.  Caps deserved to win the series, and the B's simply did not.  End of story.  Aside from Chimera, I think the Caps are a pretty likable team, and I wish them luck.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kens0427. Show kens0427's posts

Good Luck CAPS 
    B'S good job this year dont be down it was a good series   Get rest c u guys in Oct

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

..limiting ovie's ice time (b's offensive chances) was key. in the end, B's didnt deserve to win. They were handed a gift PP to end it in regulation.
    It is what it is.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Ditto for me BFJ. Tip the hat to the Caps. They figured out a way to beat the defending cup champs in a VERY tight series.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Congrats to the Caps:
    [QUOTE]Good strategy. Good execution. Well earned. but I still don't like Dale Hunter.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey[/QUOTE]
    You should. 20 games in, they hire Hunter and his defensive strategy made a tremendous difference in this series. Reflections of last year's Bruins.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]That team is garbage and will likely get swept the next round. The players are dirty, and the fans are in the Habs, Flyers class...ie. no class. The Bruins lost for one very good reason- no finishers. Last year Horton and Ryder were the two studs who finished when the rest of the team could not. Hopefully this forces Chia to spend some money. Disturbing that he did nothing when Thomas and Chara still in their prime. He has to make it up next year and sign a BIG name. Not 3 more pluggers.
    Posted by jasonbaz77[/QUOTE]
    There's always one a hole who can't admit that his team was beaten by a better team. Go find your Nintendo loser.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Luanne7. Show Luanne7's posts

True, the better team won...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Congratulations to the Caps.  I thought it was a well played hard fought series.  I feel the Caps will need to get better to move on, but I thought they showed the foundation to do so.

I still hate Dale Hunter but that has everything to do with the Turgeon hit and nothing to do with his coaching in this series.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Agree. They had the eye of the tiger and out-bostoned the bruins.
    Great game plan and execution. A well deserved series win.
    I can't stand Hunter either (from his playing days), but he knew what it would take to beat the B's and implemented the plan to a tee.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

think realistically. Hunter devised a game plan and won. He did have an amazing performance from Holtby to back up his game plan, just as the bruins had an amazing performance from Thomas last year to win the Cup. Timmy was not as spectacular, but any other team would have liked to have him to back them up this year as well. the next concern is, Why didn't Claude devise an alternative game plan. Let's watch and see if anyone else is able to counter the Caps smothering and patient game. they are all big and willing to battle. Perhaps Claude will not be the only coach with trouble from these new Caps.

Sections
Shortcuts