Congrats to the Leafs

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Congrats to the Leafs

Is "dork" some sort of rock and roll insult or something? How very hurtful. I hope I can recover somehow 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Lots of good players.  I love JVR's game.  He lives in front of the net.  Straight lines to the front of the net.  I want him on the Bs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

The Leafs are the Canadian team I cheer for. They played a good series but came up short to a better team. There's little to be ashamed of in Leafland. I actually am a little bit happy for Kessel that he was able to actually play some good 2 way hockey for them. Hell of a series. Epic comeback in game 7. Go Bruins!

Me too Dez.  In fact they're my "second' team.  Also pleased to see Kessel mature into a really good playmaker, and resonably responsible defensive player.  Lots to build on.

This "comeback".....In hockey circles.. think people will still bring this game up...50 years from now.   Absolutely incredible. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sw4288. Show sw4288's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to sw4288's comment:

As a leaf fan I gotta say your Bruins are absolutely amazing. Never say die. You gotta love that. Obviously I'm still sick to my stomach over what happened last night. I'll probably never get over it. I loved the respect these teams showed eachother throughout the series, there wasn't a lot of bad blood. Like you guys there are some players I don't like but overall what a team you got there. Looking forward to my guys growing and getting better. I hope you win another cup. Enjoy

Classy post. I seriously feel for you fans. Seriously. If you ever get back to a Cup Finals, I will be pulling for you. You're like the Cleveland Browns, Bills, Lions, etc, of the NHL at this point.

Great fans, deserve better.

We knew how that felt for 30 years here, until 2011, and we also know how a swift kick to the nuts like that last night feels, too.

One big tease by the Leafs, but you're right i saying it's a step in the right direction.  Although, I am not sure Reimer is the guy. He played well, but I also think part of the Bruins play with bad shot selection, an anemic PP, made him look better than he is. 

Appreciate it. We'll see with Reims, he just has inherited a new goalie coach that teaches him to actually catch a puck not just block like Allaire was teaching. He's shown flashes, but again we won't know unless you see consistency without injury during an 82 game season. They desperately need help on d, and in the middle. It's going to be an interesting offseason.

I look forward to talkin pats with you over on the other board. That's what brought me here haha. Already looking forward to camp after that loss.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Leafs played a great series up until the final few minutes of the 7th game. I hope they can get over it. I don't think the Canucks have recovered from their 2011 Cup defeat to the Bruins.

No doubt the fans deserve better having not sniffed the playoffs for 9 previous seasons.

We'll see what the off season brings for them and then watch and see if they can play a full season and make the playoffs again. I'm not convinced just yet they have all the pieces and it won't get easier next year with the league realignment IMO.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Leaf's suck glad there gone no use for any of them,or there fans,end of story.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I give the Leafs props for taking the big leap forward in making the playoffs.  They have some decisions to make on the horizon.  The idle Komisarek earns $4.5 million.  Dion Phaneuf-do-do-be-do-do has one year left on his contract paying $6.4 million.  Considering his largely inconsistent game I wonder what, if any raise is due to him? 

I heard former Leaf associate GM Bill Watters on AM 640 yesterday suggest the Leafs should package him off as he wasn't worth what he earns now let alone more money.  I liked this Watters quote:"I wasn't impressed with Phaneuf - especially that faux toughness he likes to show.  If your 5-9 and 170 lbs. and wearing a Boston jersey, he's tough.  If your Milan Lucic wearing a Boston jersey he's not tough." 

I'll be interested to see if they'll be able to tranfer this year's progress into consecutive playoff appearances taking into consideration what the other EC teams do to improve in the summer plus the addition of the new-member Wings to the east. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to sw4288's comment:

As a leaf fan I gotta say your Bruins are absolutely amazing. Never say die. You gotta love that. Obviously I'm still sick to my stomach over what happened last night. I'll probably never get over it. I loved the respect these teams showed eachother throughout the series, there wasn't a lot of bad blood. Like you guys there are some players I don't like but overall what a team you got there. Looking forward to my guys growing and getting better. I hope you win another cup. Enjoy

BEAT IT YOU F'IIN LOSE....

Wait, what?

Oh.  Cool.  Thanks, man.  I think the Leafs finally have a coach who can turn that team around in that market - very impressed with the way they play under Carlyle as opposed to Wilson.  I will never happily say nice things about Phyllis, but he did show that he can have an impact even against Chara.  And the Leafs win the lottery in being the team to finally unlock Lupul.  If JVR matures the way Lupul and Kessel have, and you get the blueline figured out (size...you need size...but not Komisarek size, if you know what I mean...) you might be a much happier fan in a very short time.

Sections
Shortcuts