Congrats Winnipeg!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Congrats Winnipeg!!

Finally.  Some hockey in a hockey city. 

Bring back the Jets

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Re: Congrats Winnipeg!!

I am happy for the people of Winnepeg. No more teams in the south...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Originally from the Peg.  My whole family is pumped and so am I.  Jets fly Again!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Getting drunk tonight! ;) Bruins win and my Jets are coming back!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

not again, there was a team there once.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Congrats Winnipeg!!:
    [QUOTE]Getting drunk tonight! ;) Bruins win and my Jets are coming back!
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

hopefully jets right red. i really hope its the jets anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Getting drunk tonight! ;) Bruins win and my Jets are coming back!
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    I'm so pumped. I live in NW Ontario, and will gladly make the 3 hour drive to watch the Jets (hopefully they will be called the Jets) especially when the Bruins come to town! YAHOO!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]not again, there was a team there once.
    Posted by candre99[/QUOTE]

True enough but I just heard on THE FAN 590 the club will be owned by David Thomson, whose entry into the league will make him the richest owner.  He's worth 23 billion and Forbes listed his family as 17th wealthiest in 2010.

That's twice Atlanta has had a franchise.  Hopefully the league has recognized the message that it should steer clear of there for the forseeable future.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I'm very happy for the Thrashers.  Their players deserve a real hockey market.

I think with 2 team's recently in discussion's about moving north, it proves that hockey in the south was a bad idea.

Here's hoping Pheonix get's their canadian ownership too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Have any of you Bruins fans considered the talk that with the eternally non-playoff-qualifying Thrashers moving west there is talk of the DETROIT RED WINGS moving into the Eastern conference????????

No Bruins fan should support this development.

We should be donating money to keeping the team in Atlanta.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Nashville makes more sense.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Yeah put Winnipeg in the Central with Detroit, Chicago, Columbus and St.louis.
    Then move Nashville into the southwest into Atlanta's spot.
    When this will get tricky is next year when Phoenix is still in limbo and they decide to move them back to Quebec City!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Congratulations Winnipeg!!!! You deserve it!!!

Now if we can just get a team back to the folks in Quebec as well then the NHL will be cooking again.

I hope they choose to be the Jets again but I heard the name Rebellion as a possibility. Sorry for my ignorance but if someone could enlighten me I'd appreciate it.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

RWTK Thanks for posting the pics.

I got on line this morning and to read about Winnipeg getting a team back then started looking at Le Colisee pictures and wishing that Nordiques fans could get a team back in the near future as well.
    I'm a Bruins fan who always loved the rivalry games with Montreal and Quebec when I was growing up. I saw the Nordiques a ton at the old Garden because they were one of the only teams that you could get tickets to see the B's play just before the moved to Colorado because they were struggling. Buffalo as well.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Everyone talking like its a done deal, you do know everyone involved on both sides say its not agreed yet, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The G&M (owned by Thomson) and Stephen Brunt (who never effs up like this) both say it's happening. It's happening. The BOG vote is just a rubber stamp of approval. And Rowdy, the Manitoba Rebellion is the name of a very important event in Canadian history, so it is a rumoured name (one I personally like). But no one really knows what it will be.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]The G&M (owned by Thomson) and Stephen Brunt (who never effs up like this) both say it's happening. It's happening. The BOG vote is just a rubber stamp of approval. And Rowdy, the Manitoba Rebellion is the name of a very important historical event in Canadian history, so it is a rumoured name (one I personally like). But no one really knows what it will be.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    2 questions red? are u hearing that the name will be Manitoba moose because there owner is involved?
    and which site is better for jets info. lauren robb-winnipegjetsonline.com or darrren ford-jetowner.com
    do u go to either one of these sites

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

http://returnofthejets.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ROTJ

Get an account - the best place for jets info. It's part of the Darren Ford site

And the name debate is completely up in the air.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

I never understood how hockey in the desert would be better than hockey in Winnepeg.   And the Jets had great uniforms.

More importantly, Alexie Zhamnov was actually an All Star at the time. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

There is going to be a problem when Quebec City gets a team again.  What team moves out of the Northeast Division to accomodate the new QC team?  It isn't likely that Toronto will go back to the Western Conference.  Does that mean that Boston gets shuffled to the Atlantic Division? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyCrockett. Show TommyCrockett's posts

well if Bettman and the NHL would stop putting teams in Television markets and just put them in hockey markets..there wouldn't be all these problems