Congrats Winnipeg!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Congrats Winnipeg!!

In Response to Re: Congrats Winnipeg!!:
    [QUOTE]There is going to be a problem when Quebec City gets a team again.  What team moves out of the Northeast Division to accomodate the new QC team?  It isn't likely that Toronto will go back to the Western Conference.  Does that mean that Boston gets shuffled to the Atlantic Division? 
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, that's excatly what's going to happen.  i hate the thought of not being in the same division as the habs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congrats Winnipeg!! : unfortunately, that's excatly what's going to happen.  i hate the thought of not being in the same division as the habs.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

There is no way they'll put the B's and the Habs in different divisions.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

NAS, hope you're right.  but if quebec city eventually gets a team, either the bruins or the sabres will have to change divisions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS, hope you're right.  but if quebec city eventually gets a team, either the bruins or the sabres will have to change divisions.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

They'll put Florida in the Northwest before they split the leagues oldest and most popular rivalry. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]There is going to be a problem when Quebec City gets a team again.  What team moves out of the Northeast Division to accomodate the new QC team?  It isn't likely that Toronto will go back to the Western Conference.  Does that mean that Boston gets shuffled to the Atlantic Division? 
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]
    Buff gets moved I bet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congrats Winnipeg!! : There is no way they'll put the B's and the Habs in different divisions.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

How correct you are Lamar (Poindexter - Nerds 2).  It would be like splitting up the Sox / Yankees.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Fun perspective from the DOY crew:

http://www.daysofyorr.com/2011-articles/may/worst-realignment-plan-ever.html

I agree it'll never happen. It's been said before, but the simplest move is Winnipeg to the Central and Nashville to the Southeast.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Mision Accomplished.

http://jetsowner.com/

God, I can't believe I just typed those words.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]Mision Accomplished. http://jetsowner.com/ God, I can't believe I just typed those words.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Too bad you misspelled it.

jk Red, you must have been very excited about the news.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Glad hockey is coming back to a market that loves the game and leaving NBA ville in the ATL.  We have the best game on earth, and it should be played infront of the ppl who love it, rather than forcing it on people who arent intersted.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

Mision Accomplished. http://jetsowner.com/ God, I can't believe I just typed those words.
    Posted by red75

congrats red! i know this means a great deal to u to have the peg back! hopefully it is the jets cause i bought this on ebay red on sunday haha!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Glad hockey is coming back to a market that loves the game and leaving NBA ville in the ATL.  We have the best game on earth, and it should be played infront of the ppl who love it, rather than forcing it on people who arent intersted.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Hallelujah, bigbad!  Well said!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I know we'rone day away from the Cup final, so I didn't want to start a new thread, but it's FINALLY OFFICIALLY happening! The press conference starts at noon Eastern.

If anyone wants to watch it will be streamed live here
    http://www.globalwinnipeg.com/Live+Video+Coverage+Hockey+team+Winnipeg+news+conference+start+time/4866973/story.html

Hope we find out our name.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I know we'rone day away from the Cup final, so I didn't want to start a new thread, but it's FINALLY OFFICIALLY happening! The press conference starts at noon Eastern. If anyone wants to watch it will be streamed live here http://www.globalwinnipeg.com/Live+Video+Coverage+Hockey+team+Winnipeg+news+conference+start+time/4866973/story.html Hope we find out our name.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Congrats Red,

I am all the way in Nova Scotia, but I am happy for you to get a team back there.  Tell me they aren't Canada's team/feel good story next year.  They have some talent to boot. 

Very happy for you!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Thanks Shupe

Better live link
    http://watch.tsn.ca/clip466642#clip466642

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Goldeyes in the summer,Jets in the winter.Life is back to normal in the Peg'.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

congrats red it should be. im watching the conference now and it seems surreal. u going to jump on line june 4 to by your tickets? get rid of this pr guy. i want them to get to question asking part of the conference so we can find if they are going be the jets again or not. i was unsure if i was going to get my center ice package again next year this but this pretty much seals. do u know if there a schedule and are the bruins on it home or away or both. thanks red sorry about whiteretardwings and congrats again!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

So are they going to be the Jets?

And who is moving East?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]So are they going to be the Jets? And who is moving East?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

still up in the air on jets and i guess winnipeg is just going to take alt spot in southeast in eastern conferance. then next year i guess the idea is detriot to the east and winnipeg to west. but red would know better than me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Congrats Winnipeg!! : still up in the air on jets and i guess winnipeg is just going to take alt spot in southeast in eastern conferance. then next year i guess the idea is detriot to the east and winnipeg to west. but red would know better than me.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    It's been commented on before, but it really seems like the "obvious" option is moving Nashville to the Southeast, simply replacing Atlanta.  I suppose some Western Conference shuffling might be needed too, not sure on that.
    Here's a map that might help:

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

For this year teams in that conference will be playing in Winnipeg.  They likely alter things in a years time.  Possibly welcoming the RedWings to the Eastern Conference. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"The NHL will not realign its divisions for the 2011-12 season, meaning Winnipeg will play in the Southeast, a league source confirmed to LeBrun."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Man I cannot think of much worse news than bringing the Wings into the East.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Anyone hear the interview this afternoon with Craig Ramsey on THE FAN 590's Prime Time Sports?  He said as of right now, he does not know if he is the coach of Winnipeg's team as Don Waddell who hired him, is staying in Atlanta.  The new ownership is said to be on the verge of hiring a replacement who may want to bring in his own guy. 

He said he was largely kept out of the loop regarding the sale of the team and only found out it was official through a group email and a friend who lives here in Toronto.  No Atlanta management informed him of anything.  Says he only heard rumours like everyone else.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

RHO, That would be a huge mistake for True North Sports & Entertainment to let Ramsey go he is onto something there and just needs some more players.