Congratulations Alexander Ovechkin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Congratulations Alexander Ovechkin

400 Goals in such a short time. Seems like you just got here and you've already hit that mark, all while being written off a few times as having lost a step, or lost the drive and desire. 

One of the most exciting players I have ever seen, and looks like he actually likes playing hockey. Who da thought!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Congratulations Alexander Ovechkin

Thanks on his behalf 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Thanks on his behalf 

Is that you Stanley?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Thanks on his behalf 

Is that you Stanley?

Of course....met Ovi at the world hockey champioship in Quebec city in 2008 ....as I was passing by his hotel I ssaw him in the convenience store of the hotel...he was scratching loto tickets ...I was there for business and told my boss take some pictures he said who is he ...I said : one of the world's best hockey player

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

6th fastest to 400.  Great player.  Corsi doesnt agree though.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Thanks on his behalf 

Is that you Stanley?

Of course....met Ovi at the world hockey champioship in Quebec city in 2008 ....as I was passing by his hotel I ssaw him in the convenience store of the hotel...he was scratching loto tickets ...I was there for business and told my boss take some pictures he said who is he ...I said : one of the world's best hockey player

Right on !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Corsi doesn't score goals now does it?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Thanks on his behalf 

Is that you Stanley?

He must have been short of cash, like most gamblers he likely thought by buying a scratch and lose he might win the big one! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

At 400 and he turned 28 yrs old 3 months ago. Just amazing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ovechkin singlehandedly destroyed advanced stats.  Those Corsites were riding high on his production, telling the world they had the formula and using Ovechkin as their posterboy of truth.

And now?

Every time anyone brings up advanced stats, all I have to do is mention Ovechkin and the conversation quickly shifts elsewhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Stanley : Hi, I will be the next GM of the Boston Bruins. Would you be willing to play for me in Boston ?

Ovechkin : Nyet, you are dummkopf. Bruins will suck if that happens. Oh......and let go of my hand.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Stanley : Hi, I will be the next GM of the Boston Bruins. Would you be willing to play for me in Boston ?

Ovechkin : Nyet, you are dummkopf. Bruins will suck if that happens. Oh......and let go of my hand.

It's hard to decide which one of them has the more stunned look in his eyes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Good one Chowda!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

ROFL. (I didn't know that Ovi also speaks German.)

Unfortunately, what Stanley, due to his multiple maladies (i.e. lemon allergy, etc.)  thought Ovi was saying was something like"Ah, tovarish Stanislav, da, da, khorosho - Russian bear Ovi will play for Bruins, and KGB will make Stanislav "Hero of the Soviet Union"! NASDAROVIE!"

BTW: The Russian word for "idiot" is идиот (pronounced "idiot").

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Corsi doesn't score goals now does it ?

Corsi never practiced enough. Never believed in "blood on the saddle". You can never get those stubborn kids to work hard.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Your boss didn't know who Ovi was? Must be a Habs fan.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Hey 49thparallel how have you been ?    Happy to hear from you

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

Unfortunately, what Stanley, due to his multiple maladies (i.e. lemon allergy, etc.)  thought Ovi was saying was something like"Ah, tovarish Stanislav, da, da, khorosho - Russian bear Ovi will play for Bruins, and KGB will make Stanislav "Hero of the Soviet Union"! NASDAROVIE!"

There just jealous Stanley.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to MrHulot's comment:

There just jealous Stanley.

They are or they're.  - Kitchener and DeadAhead.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Awesome player, I'm not sure if he's ever had the right players around him or if there is one. I hear that he needs a center alot to feed him the puck, but he usually likes to carry it in on his own and get some speed going.

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Awesome player, I'm not sure if he's ever had the right players around him or if there is one. I hear that he needs a center alot to feed him the puck, but he usually likes to carry it in on his own and get some speed going.

Backstrom works well with him.  I think the main issues is the 2nd line.  They have a lot of similar players.  A guy like Mike Richards is what they need.  They are dying for a gritty point producing 2nd line center.  Or 1A center like most teams have.  

ovi over the last year and a half under oates has learned to be the trailing fwd and playing the rw.   It has created a lot of chances for him bc in years past he became too predictable.  Now he lets backstrom and johanson use their speed and passing ability.  Ovi still can go one on one but does rely a lot more on his linemates.  The numbers are proof that he has evolved his game. 

I also think they need another top 4 and really a top 2 dman.  I think their best dmen are alzner-carlson.   Green to me needs someone that is steady, tough as nails and plays all situations.  Gleason is a guy that might work.   

Finally, i like Holtby a lot....but if they have a chance to land Miller they should go hard after him.   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Should have kept Semin.  For what he produces, the guy is a bargain.

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Probably most underated player of his time.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I thought Tim Brent was?

In response to jmwalters' comment:

I thought Tim Brent was?

Tim "The Wild Man" Brent was the most vicious player in the league for one night.  

• Sections
    Shortcuts