Congratulations Bruin Fans for Leaf-Land. The best team won!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Congratulations Bruin Fans for Leaf-Land. The best team won!

I think this should put to rest a number of long-running threads on this forum.

1. PC is obviously a genius.  Pretty much every move he made (including the Kessel  and Kaberle trade) paid off in the end.  The Bruins were faster, tougher, more discplined and the most consistent team in the playoffs. They are also well positioned to be contending for the next few years.
    2. CJ is obvioiusly a much better coach then we all gave him credit for (including me).  His penchant for rolling out 4 lines paid off in the end; they simply wore down every team they played.  Also, the Bruins team defense and 5-on-5 was absolutely amazing.  It looked like they had more then 5 players on the ice.  CJ deserves a ton of credit.
    3. Chara finally came thru in the playoffs.  He was a wall back there and he brought toughness when needed. 
    4. Bergeron is back!  Great 2-way game and difference maker, especially in the 7th game.  Leadership was great.
    5. Marchand is the real deal.  I think he'll mature as he gets older, but he can simply fly out there and has great hoockey sense.  I would argue that next to Tim Thomas, Marchand was the next best Bruins in the playoffs
    6. Tim Thomas was magic in net. I can't remember a goaltender in recent memory that played any better then Thomas.  I also grew to love watching the guy as I watched him play with that smile on his face and composure back there.  He never panicked and anticipated extremely well.
    7. The Bruins can score!  They have more then enough scoring on this team.  Losing Kessel did not hurt them at all, and the moves it allowed them to make makes PC a genius in my mind.
    8. Bruin defense is under-rated (especially by me).  I know Chara make all the difference back there, but all the dmen played well for the most part

9. STANLEY IS A GENIUS and PROPHET.  In the end, he was right all along. 

Congratulations to all the good posters here.  Bruins were the best team in the end and they'll be tough to beat for years to come. 

Ofcourse If the leafs had made the playoffs we would have knocked you out....LOL..........maybe next year

P.S.  Vancouver was an embarrsement to how hockey should be played.  They got what they deserved and the Bruins made them look pretty ordinary. A complete disgrace from the fans out there.    I'm predicting a long-slow demise for that team; starting with the goaltending out....

I'm not sure it will be as much fun on this forum given you are now Stanley Cup champions.  It was fun reading the; fire CJ, fire PC, trade Thomas, Chara is Bum, Bergeron is over-rated, Bruins can't score, Bruins will never win.....threads.

After watching most of the games, it shows how far away we are in Leaf land to having a contending team.  Core is getting better, but Leafs have no where near the depth and overall team toughness that the Bruins have.  I hope Burke was taking notes.........

Cheers!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Congratulations Bruin Fans for Leaf-Land. The best team won!

In Response to Congratulations Bruin Fans for Leaf-Land. The best team won!:
    I think this should put to rest a number of long-running threads on this forum. 1. PC is obviously a genius.  Pretty much every move he made (including the Kessel  and Kaberle trade) paid off in the end.  The Bruins were faster, tougher, more discplined and the most consistent team in the playoffs. They are also well positioned to be contending for the next few years. 2. CJ is obvioiusly a much better coach then we all gave him credit for (including me).  His penchant for rolling out 4 lines paid off in the end; they simply wore down every team they played.  Also, the Bruins team defense and 5-on-5 was absolutely amazing.  It looked like they had more then 5 players on the ice.  CJ deserves a ton of credit. 3. Chara finally came thru in the playoffs.  He was a wall back there and he brought toughness when needed.  4. Bergeron is back!  Great 2-way game and difference maker, especially in the 7th game.  Leadership was great. 5. Marchand is the real deal.  I think he'll mature as he gets older, but he can simply fly out there and has great hoockey sense.  I would argue that next to Tim Thomas, Marchand was the next best Bruins in the playoffs 6. Tim Thomas was magic in net. I can't remember a goaltender in recent memory that played any better then Thomas.  I also grew to love watching the guy as I watched him play with that smile on his face and composure back there.  He never panicked and anticipated extremely well. 7. The Bruins can score!  They have more then enough scoring on this team.  Losing Kessel did not hurt them at all, and the moves it allowed them to make makes PC a genius in my mind. 8. Bruin defense is under-rated (especially by me).  I know Chara make all the difference back there, but all the dmen played well for the most part 9. STANLEY IS A GENIUS and PROPHET.  In the end, he was right all along.  Congratulations to all the good posters here.  Bruins were the best team in the end and they'll be tough to beat for years to come.  Ofcourse If the leafs had made the playoffs we would have knocked you out....LOL..........maybe next year P.S.  Vancouver was an embarrsement to how hockey should be played.  They got what they deserved and the Bruins made them look pretty ordinary. A complete disgrace from the fans out there.    I'm predicting a long-slow demise for that team; starting with the goaltending out.... I'm not sure it will be as much fun on this forum given you are now Stanley Cup champions.  It was fun reading the; fire CJ, fire PC, trade Thomas, Chara is Bum, Bergeron is over-rated, Bruins can't score, Bruins will never win.....threads. After watching most of the games, it shows how far away we are in Leaf land to having a contending team.  Core is getting better, but Leafs have no where near the depth and overall team toughness that the Bruins have.  I hope Burke was taking notes......... Cheers!!!
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

Thanks for number 9 ...
    You're my favorite Leafs fan ...you have class and you can tell the truth ..
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

All good points/observations LRH. Good luck with the Leafs......hopefully you don't have to wait too much longer to at least get in the hunt/make the playoffs. I'd love to see a Bruins/Leafs playoff series someday.....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

Great post LoveRealHockey

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

LRH, nice post!  Don't worry on the topics next year, the Bs fans are not complacent.  The Stanley Cup is the ultimate, but next year brings a new season of expectations.  As for the Leafs, me thinks they will be in the playoffs next year.  BTW no more Toronto Record Tracker threads!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

LRH, Make sure you come back for the draft day thread cause I know you are looking forward to that for sure. Great objectivity as usual!

Sections
Shortcuts