Consider this 1st

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Consider this 1st

Before making any trade speculations. I know we all have a few players we would love to see in a Bs uniform and with all kinds of rumours heating up to who is or could be available you have to think the way PC thinks. First of all with Savard out for the year it does give PC an opportunity to pick up a renta, but that rental would likely be an expiring contract and PC will not trade away Toronto's 1st pick. If you consider that the 2011/12 cap space of 10 million the Bs have, thats with RFAs Wheeler, Hamill, Marchand, and stuart unsigned and ufa Recchi. This leaves the Bs with 8 forwards Caron being ready makes 9 and 6 defenseman. Pc will take all this into consideration as to filling needs for next year. If any of the RFAs sign elsewhere what does PC get in return ? Will PC trade any of them at the deadline where the value in return is now needed rather than picks later on ? Assuming savard retires then PC has 14 m in cap space next year but no one will know until the offseason. PC always looks ahead and as far as a need for a centerman now he still has options within if the right deal cant be found. The most trading partner likely for the Bs now IMO would be edmonton.
    Have a Nice Day

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Consider this 1st

http://www.capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2011&team_id=-1&position_id=F&fa_type_id=2

Wally lets assume the cap goes up 2Mil which it usually does so that adds up too 11Mil to spend and I also predict Savard will make a comeback. There are some pretty darn good players on that list.

I say Wheeler remains one more year 2.2-2.5Mil award again, Recchi retires so my replacements would be either Fleischmann or Connolly I'd go no more than 3mil per on either. The Defensman I would make a run at is Pitkanen or Wisniewski 3-3.5Mil and Paille's 1.1Mil will certainly be replaced by Caron for good. Brad resigned at 1.5-2mil for two years.

That would probably leave PC at about just 2Mil under the cap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I would look at either Christian Ehrhoff or Kevin Bieksa would be nice fill in's, so would Ed Jovanovski...just my thought.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Interesting senerio San, PC will keep us guessing im sure.

Sections
Shortcuts