contrarian demands an apology: BOOGAARD HAD A DEFECTIVE BRAIN AT 28!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

contrarian demands an apology: BOOGAARD HAD A DEFECTIVE BRAIN AT 28!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/06/sports/hockey/derek-boogaard-a-brain-going-bad.html?src=me&ref=general

i made this clear when he passsed, now SCIENCE has confirmed it. this poor man had a brain literally rotting away on him, thanks to all those brain entertainment moments as an enforcer. we must protect thee men while enjoying the great game!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: contrarian demands an apology: BOOREGARD HAD A DEFECTIVE BRAIN AT 28!

In Response to contrarian demands an apology: BOOREGARD HAD A DEFECTIVE BRAIN AT 28!:
    [QUOTE]http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/06/sports/hockey/derek-boogaard-a-brain-going-bad.html?src=me&ref=general i made this clear when he passsed, now SCIENCE has confirmed it. this poor man had a brain literally rotting away on him, thanks to all those brain entertainment moments as an enforcer. we must protect thee men while enjoying the great game!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Booregard? Priceless.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

apologize to him for spelling his name wrong, and we apologize to you, for we did not realize you have a brain defect also.

weirdo.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: contrarian demands an apology: BOOGAARD HAD A DEFECTIVE BRAIN AT 28!

i stand corrected. y booooo the gaard?  focus on the substance. odds are at least 3 guys presently on the bruins not counting savard will have lifelong brain issues! i suspect even the guy recently let go by espn has a case of rotted brain as well!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

Then they should go get another job. These aren't Michael Vick's dogs. I agree that now that the studies are showing this pattern they can make an informed decision but don't try to blame everyone else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In Response to Re: contrarian demands an apology: BOOGAARD HAD A DEFECTIVE BRAIN AT 28!:
    [QUOTE]i stand corrected. y booooo the gaard?  focus on the substance. odds are at least 3 guys presently on the bruins not counting savard will have lifelong brain issues! i suspect even the guy recently let go by espn has a case of rotted brain as well!

go crawl in a hole and wait for death

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Honestly....... How dare you. Celebrating his brain rot for your own self vindication. This is a horrible thing and I want to slap the #@# out of you for making this thread.

That is all.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Re: contrarian demqands an apology: BOOGAARD HAD A DEFECTIVE BRAIN AT 28!

His brain wasnt defective it was damaged

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

This guy had a ton of problems long before he ever got to the NHL ,so to blame all this on the concussions is irresponsible.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

It's not a case of rotted brain you moron. You know not what you speak.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

He had CTE. We said that the week he died. Not keeping up, Mr Crazy Person?

I think watching soccer has rotted YOUR brain.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Hope Solo is awesome!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: contrarian demqands an apology: BOOGAARD HAD A DEFECTIVE BRAIN AT 28!:
    [QUOTE]His brain wasnt defective it was damaged
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]tomato tomatto.. whatever dude! CTE gets progressively worse. by 50, these guys have full blown lou gehrig's disease. so yep, rotted brain does apply. my point is that i care about these guys and human beings in general. no amount of info or sport is worth intentionally exposing anyone to this kind of future needlessly.. period! nfl is now more respomsible in their approach. bettman's still irresponsibly ignores the dangers and says the research is inconclusive. even vince mcmahon and the wwe as well as stevie wonder can see this for what it is! no need for a designated goon.. ever! or to recklessly encourage fighting and blows to the head. 

a goon inevitably means a designated future brain-rotter. yep, go out there and risk your health and future for your team. even in real war, noone's designated for this!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

^you suck

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

isn't there such thing as "assumed risk"? isn't it a personal choice to play hockey, box, football, wrestle, rug(by), cycle? if someone thinks those things are dangerous, and are concered for their well-being- DON'T PARTICIPATE. some people sky dive for a living... should that be banned, because you think everyone should live until their 90 years old? should all just live in padded rooms within our homes because the outside world is so darn scary/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

In Response to Re: contrarian demands an apology: BOOREGARD HAD A DEFECTIVE BRAIN AT 28!:
    [QUOTE]apologize to him for spelling his name wrong, and we apologize to you, for we did not realize you have a brain defect also. weirdo.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Once again ... Kel is the voice of reason at these boards.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Now that we're finished picking on this caps-happy and spelling-challenged person ... I will give credit to the Times for this series. I only read the last story but was floored. Great reporting and some serious issues that they pointed out.

I wonder what the future holds for Bergy, Savard, Thornton and every other Bruin who has had his bell rung. I may be plodding along at my low salary but I'd rather not have a multi-million dollar per year job that demands potential exposure to CTE and other debilitating brain injuries.

Are the vast majority of players at risk? Of course not but I shudder to even think about Crosby's future.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: contrarian demands an apology: BOOGAARD HAD A DEFECTIVE BRAIN AT 28!:
    [QUOTE]isn't there such thing as "assumed risk"? isn't it a personal choice to play hockey, box, football, wrestle, rug(by), cycle? if someone thinks those things are dangerous, and are concered for their well-being- DON'T PARTICIPATE. some people sky dive for a living... should that be banned, because you think everyone should live until their 90 years old? should all just live in padded rooms within our homes because the outside world is so darn scary/
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    yes einstein, its either padded rooms or common sense banning of needless head shots in free for all sanctioned goon brawling or sanctioned taking out of players like what happened to crosby on at least one of his concussions and savard! got that? yep, is that the same as banning the game or sports? do people get hurt in tennis and basketball despite limited or no headshots? of course! but thats life, nothin ele to do. in hockey, there is a lot that can be done!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: contrarian demqands an apology: BOOGAARD HAD A DEFECTIVE BRAIN AT 28! : tomato tomatto.. whatever dude! CTE gets progressively worse. by 50, these guys have full blown lou gehrig's disease. so yep, rotted brain does apply. my point is that i care about these guys and human beings in general. no amount of info or sport is worth intentionally exposing anyone to this kind of future needlessly.. period! nfl is now more respomsible in their approach. bettman's still irresponsibly ignores the dangers and says the research is inconclusive. even vince mcmahon and the wwe as well as stevie wonder can see this for what it is! no need for a designated goon.. ever! or to recklessly encourage fighting and blows to the head.  a goon inevitably means a designated future brain-rotter. yep, go out there and risk your health and future for your team. even in real war, noone's designated for this!

PSST!! i was agreeing with you, Bettmans response is irresponsible, while i enjoy a good hockey fight after watching the video about Boogard it is sick that 14 and 15 year olds are encouraged to fight at such a young age while adults profit from it and live vicariously through it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

How many concussions does it take before someone starts rambling like this nut job?

Sections
Shortcuts