Corey Perry signed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Corey Perry signed

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Dez,  most of pc depth has come from drafting well.  Most teams would love this formula.  The ducks have a lot of home grown in that lineup as well.  Just not as much as boston.  

I think these signings makes the ducks a legit place to play again.  Those two can just dominate and also shut down.   I believe my ryan-hiller to the flyers for a boat load of prospects and current players should make eklunds list.  Corturier(sp) simmonds and a pick for those two?   Philly loves ryan and he would play with giroux.  Hiller gives them their 100 goalie since hextall(too funny that bobrovsky is playing great).  Ducks get cheaper players with skill n grit.  

Expected response from Dezeruchi:

You're wrong Shupe.  Calgary will expect more than Bobby Ryan for Iginla and three first round picks.  You're just upset because (insert something from a totally unrelated topic) and (insert a statement that has been said 100 times, but has no basis).  Got that (insert silly name)?  We're all laughing at you.  Plus, I got a text from my buddy in Texas and he says you're wrong.

Is that Heyoo or just Flails doing some flailing? It's awfully hard to distinguish. Help me Shupe! Help Me!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Good old Flails can't figure out what extra cap space can be used for. Flail away Flails. Below me!

Classic Dezeruchi mis-direction.  You've taken something I've said and turned it into your own topic.  It's what you do. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Is that Heyoo or just Flails doing some flailing? It's awfully hard to distinguish. Help me Shupe! Help Me!

More unrelated nonsense. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dez,  most of pc depth has come from drafting well.  Most teams would love this formula.  The ducks have a lot of home grown in that lineup as well.  Just not as much as boston.  

I think these signings makes the ducks a legit place to play again.  Those two can just dominate and also shut down.   I believe my ryan-hiller to the flyers for a boat load of prospects and current players should make eklunds list.  Corturier(sp) simmonds and a pick for those two?   Philly loves ryan and he would play with giroux.  Hiller gives them their 100 goalie since hextall(too funny that bobrovsky is playing great).  Ducks get cheaper players with skill n grit.  

See that's the point though Shupe. These guys have only recently signed new deals and already you're trying to figure out which guys you can ship out to make up for it. I like the Ducks and how they're currently constructed but I also feel there's a lot to be said for the way PC chose depth over star power.

Dez, they already have about 10 million in cap space with those two.  Hiller is gonna get dealt bc they have that other guy playing so well.  Ryans name always appears and would fetch at least a solid number 2 center.  If hiller could pot them a top 4-5 dman i think they would do it.  Then 10 million to fill out the roster.   You mentioned a stud dman.  10 million would get that.  A lot of their roster is signed with these two players staying.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Good old Flails can't figure out what extra cap space can be used for. Flail away Flails. Below me!

Classic Dezeruchi mis-direction.  You've taken something I've said and turned it into your own topic.  It's what you do. 

Help me Shupe. I can't figure out what extra cap space is used for. Plus, there's an illusionist after me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

See that's the point though Shupe. These guys have only recently signed new deals and already you're trying to figure out which guys you can ship out to make up for it. I like the Ducks and how they're currently constructed but I also feel there's a lot to be said for the way PC chose depth over star power.

Dez, they already have about 10 million in cap space with those two.  Hiller is gonna get dealt bc they have that other guy playing so well.  Ryans name always appears and would fetch at least a solid number 2 center.  If hiller could pot them a top 4-5 dman i think they would do it.  Then 10 million to fill out the roster.   You mentioned a stud dman.  10 million would get that.  A lot of their roster is signed with these two players staying.  

You're making a lot of sense Shupe. I guess I still wonder where would they be had Fasth not shown up and saved some pucks for them.The ability to move Hiller is something that only happened recently. I guess we'll see how things look after next year's cap is announced.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Deal seems reasonable for a young previous Hart winner and 50 goal scorer. As if Anaheim was not going to re-sign him considering the year that team is having.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

You're making a lot of sense Shupe. I guess I still wonder where would they be had Fasth not shown up and saved some pucks for them.The ability to move Hiller is something that only happened recently. I guess we'll see how things look after next year's cap is announced.

Yeah they hit gold with him and have a very trade able asset in hiller who is under a friendly contract.  time will tell how this makes out but watch for them to be buyers at the deadline now.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Honestly, I don't know where I sit on what the Ducks have done.  I really don't.  Perry is the love child of Lucic and Marchand - not quite the bruiser Lucic is, not quite the pest Marchand is, but a very effective fusion of the two with better hands than either.  I like his game when I see him, which isn't often.

When I look at his overall body of work for the Ducks, his last two years stick out like sore thumbs.  He's not a 50 goals/100 points a year guy, but he's been there.  He's probably better than the 37 goal/60 point guy he was last year.  I think your expectation of him is probably 33-37 goals, 70-75 points most years.  Is that worth $8.65 mil?  I mean, once you're into that stratosphere in terms of salary, don't talk to me about intangibles and real time stats or style of play.  I buy that being a reason Lucic gets $6M to be a 60 point player and Seguin gets a quarter mil. less to be a 70+ point guy.  But I don't buy it as part of how you get to $8.65M.  That's a lot of cake.

This year, his goal numbers are down a bit. with only 4 even strength goals in 23 games (5pp).  After his suspension, he'll have fewer than 20 games to get 8 goals and hit the 30 goal plateau for the season (17 pro-rated).  His assist numbers are up, though.  That makes me wonder - how dependent on Getzlaf is Perry?  Not "Rob Brown dependent" - he's a great player in his own right - more how much is the variation in CP's stat line a function of Getzlaf having a good year or a bad year?  I guess we're not going to know for the better part of a decade, so maybe it doesn't really matter?

Most teams would salivate for a tandem like that.  And the Ducks have to be thinking that guys like Winnik, Cogliano, Holland and Palmieri  (and Etem?) are giving them secondary scoring at a basement price.  Whether those guys step up next year to fill the role Koivu (crazy numbers this year) and Selanne (crazy numbers last year) have played is yet to be seen.  We also don't know if Fasth is this year's Brian Elliott, so they'd be a little nutty to deal Hiller before April.  Their D is also patchwork, and if Souray wakes up and remembers he's Sheldon Souray or Beauchemin flashes back to his days in Toronto when he couldn't defend against my grandma, they'll be looking for answers that may not come cheap. 

So - say they deal Ryan to make some additional room.  They need to re-sign Palmieri.  That means they have about $16M to replace three top six scoring forwards.  And they just set the market for free agents with the signings of Perry and Getzlaf.  Post lockout benchmarks. 

Lot of variables here and a lot that they have taken on faith.  This could look a lot like Tampa Bay in two years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Honestly, I don't know where I sit on what the Ducks have done.  I really don't.  Perry is the love child of Lucic and Marchand - not quite the bruiser Lucic is, not quite the pest Marchand is, but a very effective fusion of the two with better hands than either.  I like his game when I see him, which isn't often.

When I look at his overall body of work for the Ducks, his last two years stick out like sore thumbs.  He's not a 50 goals/100 points a year guy, but he's been there.  He's probably better than the 37 goal/60 point guy he was last year.  I think your expectation of him is probably 33-37 goals, 70-75 points most years.  Is that worth $8.65 mil?  I mean, once you're into that stratosphere in terms of salary, don't talk to me about intangibles and real time stats or style of play.  I buy that being a reason Lucic gets $6M to be a 60 point player and Seguin gets a quarter mil. less to be a 70+ point guy.  But I don't buy it as part of how you get to $8.65M.  That's a lot of cake.

This year, his goal numbers are down a bit. with only 4 even strength goals in 23 games (5pp).  After his suspension, he'll have fewer than 20 games to get 8 goals and hit the 30 goal plateau for the season (17 pro-rated).  His assist numbers are up, though.  That makes me wonder - how dependent on Getzlaf is Perry?  Not "Rob Brown dependent" - he's a great player in his own right - more how much is the variation in CP's stat line a function of Getzlaf having a good year or a bad year?  I guess we're not going to know for the better part of a decade, so maybe it doesn't really matter?

Most teams would salivate for a tandem like that.  And the Ducks have to be thinking that guys like Winnik, Cogliano, Holland and Palmieri  (and Etem?) are giving them secondary scoring at a basement price.  Whether those guys step up next year to fill the role Koivu (crazy numbers this year) and Selanne (crazy numbers last year) have played is yet to be seen.  We also don't know if Fasth is this year's Brian Elliott, so they'd be a little nutty to deal Hiller before April.  Their D is also patchwork, and if Souray wakes up and remembers he's Sheldon Souray or Beauchemin flashes back to his days in Toronto when he couldn't defend against my grandma, they'll be looking for answers that may not come cheap. 

So - say they deal Ryan to make some additional room.  They need to re-sign Palmieri.  That means they have about $16M to replace three top six scoring forwards.  And they just set the market for free agents with the signings of Perry and Getzlaf.  Post lockout benchmarks. 

Lot of variables here and a lot that they have taken on faith.  This could look a lot like Tampa Bay in two years.

Whats your beef with Souray?   Good post by the way. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Book-  i think ryan would net them the second line center possibly at a cheaper rate I will say Sean C in philly plus either a player or high pick. I think hiller nets them another solid young cheap player likely a dman.  How about smid in edmonton.   This will shed dollars and add to where the team needs it.  

As it stands now they have 10 million to fill in the blanks before making one deal.  they have good youth coming up like palmieri.   They could sign a riberio and a few fill ins and not make one trade and be solid next year.  

I think the ducks are set up for the future with players they know.  I think its a great deal for the ducks.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A couple things that I don't undertsand from the many posts above are 1) why is Ryan so clearly the odd man out Anaheim? and 2) would Hiller really be moved already; and how on earth would the Flyers take him with the ink on the Bryz contract still drying?

I'm not sure what to make of Anaheim either and it seems more and more clear that Ryan is the piece they are willing to deal.  But in a lot of the games I've watched he looks just as good as Getzlaf and Perry, and he's two years younger.  I suppose he's the third best forward there and they can't afford all three, but he seems like a hard player to get equal value for in prospects.

Book already touched on the Hiller and Fasth questions, but wow, Hiller has been a horse there for several years -- very good, very consistent, very durable with a heavy workload last year.  Fasth is the new European kid who nobody knows and has been red hot for half of a shortened season.  Are they really ready to dump the wife for the girlfriend?  He may not look so sexy after a full season...

As far as a deal with Philly, I guess I could see Ryan going there as they apparently love him, he grew up in a Philly suburb, and the Flyers have the young talent to put together a package, but no way could they afford Hiller and Bryzgalov.  And I don't think anyone is about to take the Bryz contract off their hands either.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

shupe, I just don't think Souray can sustain the level of play he's given them this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fletch - amnesty buyout on Bryz would help.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Thank god that ignored button is back! I love people just taking over this thread with their hate for each other. Good times...not. Anyways I am glad Perry signed with Ana, so we all can stop hearing about him being traded to the B's.....which would never ever happen. I guess all we have to deal with is the Bobby Ryan being traded to the B's for 5 first round picks and Sindey Crosby that we got from pits for out whole team......lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Do you think it's really at that point already?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Yes.  And i only mention ryan bc hes the most mentioned names.  id hold onto everyone until seasons end.  I then would field offers on both.  I think they have done things with the cap that allows them to add a solid 2nd line center for ryan.  cant pay 2 goalies 7 million.  Hiller is the odd man out and is on a team friendly contract.  His value would be high.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

As it stands now they have 10 million to fill in the blanks before making one deal.  they have good youth coming up like palmieri.   They could sign a riberio and a few fill ins and not make one trade and be solid next year.  

I think the ducks are set up for the future with players they know.  I think its a great deal for the ducks. 

http://www.capgeek.com/ducks

The Ducks are positioned well this summer for re-signings and they have drafted well, this is true. Next years $64M is already figured in to cap geek. I've seen Souray quite a few times live he looks as good as he has ever looked without some of the speed he used to have.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yes.  And i only mention ryan bc hes the most mentioned names.  id hold onto everyone until seasons end.  I then would field offers on both.  I think they have done things with the cap that allows them to add a solid 2nd line center for ryan.  cant pay 2 goalies 7 million.  Hiller is the odd man out and is on a team friendly contract.  His value would be high.  

But I'm asking if you think Philly is already looking to buyout Bryzgalov's contract?  I get the Anaheim part.  That's fine.  I would just be surprised to see Philly out to aggressively pursue another #1 goalie.  I never thought Bryz was worth the money to begin with, but if you did, have you changed your mind already?  To the tune of a buyout?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

But I'm asking if you think Philly is already looking to buyout Bryzgalov's contract?  I get the Anaheim part.  That's fine.  I would just be surprised to see Philly out to aggressively pursue another #1 goalie.  I never thought Bryz was worth the money to begin with, but if you did, have you changed your mind already?  To the tune of a buyout?

Yes. I can see them buying him out. And its philly.  They love the drama. If they fail to make the playoffs they will make big moves.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yes. I can see them buying him out. And its philly.  They love the drama. If they fail to make the playoffs they will make big moves.  

Can't argue with that.  

Just surprised that they would admit that this signing was such an utter failure so soon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Taking a look at some of the successful goaltenders around the league this year, I am guessing that Philly hates that contract almost as much as the Habs hated the Gomez deal.

I look at players like Craig Anderson, Fasth, Emery and wonder if Philly is going to buy him out.  $5.6M until 2020 is a lot of Tums.  He's at .898 and 2.79!

The only thing that may hold them back would be that they would still have to pay him .667% of the contract.  That's a lot of Oops Money.  Then again, Comcast isn't poor.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nobody is going to trade for Bryzgalov, but I'd be shocked if they bought him out. Also, whose to say Hiller would be any better there? What, has Hiller done?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Holmgren expected to have Pronger on his defense when he brought Bryz in. I also don't think Brzygalov's numbers wouldn't be as bad if he had any kind of a defense in front of him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Taking a look at some of the successful goaltenders around the league this year, I am guessing that Philly hates that contract almost as much as the Habs hated the Gomez deal.

I look at players like Craig Anderson, Fasth, Emery and wonder if Philly is going to buy him out.  $5.6M until 2020 is a lot of Tums.  He's at .898 and 2.79!

The only thing that may hold them back would be that they would still have to pay him .667% of the contract.  That's a lot of Oops Money.  Then again, Comcast isn't poor.

And if that happens, you watch -- he goes back to a quiet market (Florida?) and is awesome again.  He loved Phoenix.  I think all goalies do better there.

Even with Comcast money though, I would think Philly waits another year to see if he turns it around.

He could...

Respectfully,

-Rick Dipietro