Correct Me If I'm Wrong.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Correct Me If I'm Wrong.......

.......but isn't Bergeron now only the second player in league history (Horton the other) to have the game winning goal in two game 7's? There's some clutch on the Bruins. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Correct Me If I'm Wrong.......

Thirty-seven is the ultimate competitor. Eighteen plays with heart in big games. And Thirty-three is a greek god---60 minutes, 2 nights. Talk about a guy who wants to win. And I cannot leave this post without mentioning the guy who I thought really saved the B's---Lucic. If he doesn't start throwing big checks and fire up the squad in those last 10 minutes, we're talking about the B's in the past tense. It was the most clutch job of being a leader I've ever seen from Milan in his years as a B. It was his graduation day to going from a guy who has a ton of talent but disappears often in big games to a guy who can ignite a team at its bleakest. Milan grew up on Monday. He became a go-to player in the clutch. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Thirty-seven is the ultimate competitor. Eighteen plays with heart in big games. And Thirty-three is a greek god---60 minutes, 2 nights. Talk about a guy who wants to win. And I cannot leave this post without mentioning the guy who I thought really saved the B's---Lucic. If he doesn't start throwing big checks and fire up the squad in those last 10 minutes, we're talking about the B's in the past tense. It was the most clutch job of being a leader I've ever seen from Milan in his years as a B. It was his graduation day to going from a guy who has a ton of talent but disappears often in big games to a guy who can ignite a team at its bleakest. Milan grew up on Monday. He became a go-to player in the clutch. 

+1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

I would say that leadership by Lucic in Game 7 has to be one of the most Rocky moments by any player in NHL playoff history, as the Bruins became the 1st team in NHL history to overcome a 3rd period 3 goal deficit in game 7. Kudos for Claude for leaving that line on the ice for very large chunks of ice time at the end of the 3rd period.

Dez's question is a good one. My first thought would be maybe Claude Lemieux would be in that mix also, but I don't know.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Lucic is frustrating as heck you see the good but to many nights you dont even notice he was on the ice

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Bergeron is my favorite Bruin. I try and learn from his play while I watch the game to make myself a better player. He does so many little things right every shift and never takes one off. People seem to forget that he was hurt during last years playoffs, also so was Krejci.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

You might be right about this Dez..although I must admit I am too lazy to properly research this.

The only thing remotely close I can think of was the Flames Gelinas who scored the series winning goal in three series back in Calgary's cup run in 2004.

The two, however, are obviously not comparable.

Bookboy, where are you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

You might be right about this Dez..although I must admit I am too lazy to properly research this.

The only thing remotely close I can think of was the Flames Gelinas who scored the series winning goal in three series back in Calgary's cup run in 2004.

The two, however, are obviously not comparable.

Bookboy, where are you?

Pretty sure it's true JM. I remember being surprised when I'd heard that Horton was the first player with two game 7 winners on his resume. Then I realized just how rare the game 7's are for most players when I saw how few Recchi had played in over his entire career. For example, Brad Richards has never been on the losing end of one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Pretty sure it's true JM. I remember being surprised when I'd heard that Horton was the first player with two game 7 winners on his resume. Then I realized just how rare the game 7's are for most players when I saw how few Recchi had played in over his entire career. For example, Brad Richards has never been on the losing end of one.

Fair enough...

I hope for the B's sake the upcoming series does not go to 7 considering your Richards reference.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Fair enough...

I hope for the B's sake the upcoming series does not go to 7 considering your Richards reference.

Yeah but now he's due to lose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

It is true Dez. I just moved to Calgary in Oct of 2003. For someone to move to an NHL city for the 1st time this stands out.  They make the play-offs for the 1st time in 7yrs. Calgary was rockin' so was the Red Mile! Right after they acquired Darrel Sutter & Kipper. Gelinas scored the OT series winner in game 7 against the Nucks.. (yuck, yuck) and then scored the O.T winner in game 6 against the Wings & got the GW in regulation against the Sharks in Gm 6. So, Horton & Bergeron are the only 2 with Game 7 winners. 

The only bad about this happening for the Flames? Their fans became one of the most obnoxious I've ever came across. Terrible people and I'm not stereo-typing here. Every Flames game I've been to has been a horrible experience. 20 in total & seen the B's 4x @ the Dome. So bad that they picked on a 6yr old Bruins fan! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

They're awful, nite, and it's not a "since 2003" thing.  They were brutal in the 80s.  Bobby Clarke would have loved the litany of ways they proposed cheap-shotting Gretzky out of playoff series.  The worst, though, for me, was the way they defended Fleury's garbage.  Fleury was death for that team - no one retaliated on him, but they sure did on almost every other skill player on that roster, and injuries crippled them every playoff year.  Fleury would spear a guy in the groin, the guy would give Fleury the facewash in response and the crowd would call for blood because Fleury was so small and you should only pick on someone your own size.  I loved going to games I didn't care about - Jets games were fun - and saying to a row of people behind me "hey, who are they playing today?  The Jets?  Oh, I love the Jets.  I'm a huge Jets fan.  Who's that guy they have who always kills the Flames?  Steen?  I love that guy.  Woooo!  Goo Steeeeeen!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

It is true Dez. I just moved to Calgary in Oct of 2003. For someone to move to an NHL city for the 1st time this stands out.  They make the play-offs for the 1st time in 7yrs. Calgary was rockin' so was the Red Mile! Right after they acquired Darrel Sutter & Kipper. Gelinas scored the OT series winner in game 7 against the Nucks.. (yuck, yuck) and then scored the O.T winner in game 6 against the Wings & got the GW in regulation against the Sharks in Gm 6. So, Horton & Bergeron are the only 2 with Game 7 winners. 

[/QUOTE]

The 04 Flames must have sold their soul to the devil or something. Montador and Commadore somehow became playoff heroes. Kipper was lights out. And Gelinas was unbelievable....a once in a lifetime run for sure.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

I agree every player has off nights. But even on nights people feel Lucic was not existent, I will have to disagree. Lucic is more a complete player than those give him credit for. He actually isnt a bad passer. Nothing pretty, but he gets the puck where it needs to go. And most of the time getting out of the zone, he makes a great play in just getting the puck to someone breaking out. I see him alot of the time making great plays in the offensive zone that most people probably never notice. I know certain players are expected to put up the points, but I am just saying there is more to Lucic's game than that.

I will repeat what others have said, that Lucic performs better when he is engaged and banging bodies. When he isnt doing that, his game tends to fall off a little.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Didn't someone say that the Bruins are the only team in NHL history, to come back from a 3 goal deficit to win in a game 7 ? Niceeeee !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Didn't someone say that the Bruins are the only team in NHL history, to come back from a 3 goal deficit to win in a game 7 ? Niceeeee !

They were the fourth team to do it but the first to come back from down 3 in the 3rd period of a game 7. The Flyers came back from 3 down against Boston in 2010 so we know what it's like from both ends.