Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman.

The reason the Corvo conviction was never a particularly big deal?  The untold facts are that Corvo punched "her" out once he realized that the woman he'd been making out with at the bar was in fact a transvestite.  Which means, of course, that Corvo did NOT beat up a woman. 

This is truly "the rest of the story", nothing more, nothing less.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman.

There is NOTHING in the court records about the victim being a transvestite. She may have however been transgendered. (post-op)

You sir are a bigot. Assault is assault is assault. He plead out. That's why it wasn't a "big deal."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman.:
    There is NOTHING in the court records about the victim being a transvestite. She may have however been transgendered. (post-op) You sir are a bigot. Assault is assault is assault. He plead out. That's why it wasn't a "big deal."
    Posted by red75

Agreed, he plead out because he was guilty of assault. However:

Bottomline:  Would ANY of this have happened if the transvestite/transgendered person hadn't misrepresented him/her/itself to Corvo at the bar?  At the very least, that's "lying" to someone for purely selfish purposes.  If Corvo hadn't been lied to, I think we can safely say the assault never would have happened.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

From the court report, she never "presented" herself to him. He accosted her.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

My original comment is an accurate account of what happened that night. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

From where?
    The court report refers to the victim as female. That can only happen in one of two circumstances in the Commonwealth - either she was born female, or she was post-op transgendered. Where did you get your "accurate" report from?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Not going there.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

ahhh o.k. So instead of being simple assault, now we have shades of a hate crime. lovely.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not going there.  
    Posted by BruinsCountry

Seriously? The state sanctioned records say the exact oposite of what you say is a fact, yet your response for a request for evidence  is "not going there"? And we should give this entire thread any credence at all, why exactly?

He was guilty in the eyes of the law. He assaulted a woman in the eyes of the law. I'm fine with second chances, I'm not so good with unsubstantiated claims by supposed fans. If he reformed, great and I welcome him as a Bruin. But don't make disprovable claims about the sexual identity of the victim as a justification for his actions. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Think what you want, Red.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Red BC is a she.  This was pushed through the system so quick, the punishment was dealt, extremely low for some reason and I doubt because he was an athlete.  In the year 2003, he would have been likely been made more an example of than a stern look and a get out of here that he got.  The circumstances are not forthcoming and do not need to be it is done with 8 years ago, since then he has played for 4 (5 with Bos) NHL teams and represented his country the US twice since this incident.  So if the rest of the American country, the NHL and 4 teams fans have accepted this behaviour as done with and in the past, I don't expect the B's to retire him because of a few disgruntled posters on here.

We may soon hear all about this anyhow, if KPD does not like the cut of his jib, I am pretty sure he will extoll all of his non-virtues every day until he is gone.

BC don't hide behind that bs craap about don't go there, can't go there or your abuse will be although not as undignified as the He, She or He/She of this topic it will become b.com suicide.  Give up the story or don't go there yourself, that is just shiite.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman.:
    The reason the Corvo conviction was never a particularly big deal?  The untold facts are that Corvo punched "her" out once he realized that the woman he'd been making out with at the bar was in fact a transvestite.  Which means, of course, that Corvo did NOT beat up a woman.  This is truly "the rest of the story", nothing more, nothing less.
    Posted by BruinsCountry

We should not start answer those who like trash talks..this is getting ridiculous ..
    Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Not going there.  
    Posted by BruinsCountry

The thing about posting anything regarding inside information on this site, is that no one belives you unless you state your source. The thing about stating your sources - either you or someone you know could get in trouble - afterwards there is no guarantee that anyone will believe you anyways.

I did this once on here (I didn't or couldn't reveal my sources) and will never do it again. Just come here to argue, have some fun, and get the latest available information.

By the way, I believe you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

There is NOTHING in the court records about the victim being a transvestite. She may have however been transgendered. (post-op) You sir are a bigot. Assault is assault is assault. He plead out. That's why it wasn't a "big deal."
    Posted by red75

Assault is assault? You do realize assault is actually allowed in hockey, right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

semantics.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I just realized what this thread was about.  This whole thing happened nine years ago.  I don't think he's assaulted anyone since then.  Woman, transvestite, whatever.  He assaulted someone.  That's a crime.
    Posted by mattc355

Yes although assualt on a women is loooked at differently.  Veux veux pas...
    I bet at least 50% of NHL players have been in fights (assualt) outside of hockey. The difference is it was men with men.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Water under the bridge folks.
    B's won the Cup and this is turning into the best summer ever !!!!
    As long as Corvo assaults LaPierre, Burrows or ANY Montreal Canadien I will be HAPPY !!

I have watched game 7 twice in the last few weeks and I gotta tell you I am loving it every time like it was the first time. THANK YOU BRUINS !!!!

one last thing - I hope the Bruins make a push for a legit goal scorer during this off season. Let's remember that alot of things went right for the B's on their way to winning a Cup and we should not rely on things just falling into place again. The Bruins will be the team that everyone shoots for this year. I like the acquisition of Corvo to the D and I believe that Kampfer will get a shot at the #7 position. The Bruins have the assets to acquire Steve Stamkos (PC will not go the offer sheet route) if he cannot work out a deal with the Bolts. I'm sure Seguin would need to be part of the package but I do not have a problem with that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

This is obviously not about Corvo's hockey skills. Can he help the Bruins. Based on Chiarelli, it appears that they are satisfied with an experienced defenseman while Cassidy evolves all the "kids" in Providence.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

B's Country, if you are going to bring this claim up as a new thread, and then you are pressed on the info and asked for a source, you can't really say "not going there".  You already went there.  The rest of us want to know if you have any credibility.

I think we continue to focus on all of the wrong details here.  I don't really care about the gender details so much.  He assaulted somebody who certainly appeared to be a women, and people misrepresent themselves constantly in bars to attract other people.  There are a lot of wedding rings in pockets too -- should those people get punched?  He assaulted someone.  He plead guilty.  It was a bad, ugly incident.  He was punished.  Any professional athlete should know better.

But unless this incident or any other bad behavior effects his ability to play hockey in Boston, this year?  Meh, I'm over it.  I'll judge him on his ability to make a good outlet pass and leave it to the police and the front office to oversee his behavior off the ice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman. : Yes although assualt on a women is loooked at differently.  Veux veux pas... I bet at least 50% of NHL players have been in fights (assualt) outside of hockey. The difference is it was men with men.
    Posted by BsLegion

Isnt this the point?  Much of the hand-wringing about Corvo's plea 9 years ago is in the context of "beating up a woman."  If the provocation of the fight was in a completely different context than a guy being rejected by a woman and then attacking her, you would think many of the related comments might be different.

Not taking any sides, but I think that's the point of this thread, right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

As long as Corvo assaults ...ANY Montreal Canadien I will be HAPPY !! Posted by ed121501

See, now THAT'S beating up a woman.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonyo. Show CactusTonyo's posts

Meaning Pouliot is a woman :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonyo. Show CactusTonyo's posts

A coward in Boston's bruins what's new? Nothing...

Sections
Shortcuts