Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman.

In Response to Re: Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman.:
    [QUOTE]A coward in Boston's bruins what's new? Nothing...
    Posted by CactusTonyo[/QUOTE]

A Stanley Cup Championship...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonyo. Show CactusTonyo's posts

you mean lucky road to the Cup ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

[QUOTE]I like Pouliot as 13th forward.  And I like Corvo as 7th defenseman.  I really like the signings if that's how the B's are planning to use these players.  If a player gets injured, I'm glad we have them. Losing Kaberle and bring in Corvo means in all likelyhood Seidenberg and Chara is going to be split up.  Seidenberg moving back to the left side.  I don't want to see Corvo in the lineup barring injury.  But the one spot he might have is being paired with Seidenberg.  This guy needs all the help he can get.  If Corvo works well with him, that would be a spot for him.  I'm very concerned about this.  did they watch Seidenberg in the games before the put him with Chara?  He is no better than our other defensemen, and sometimes makes more glaring mistakes.  Anyway, that's my take.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Take off your blinkers ! Seidenberg was our best D-man during the playoffs !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

I'm with Fletcher on this one - Corvo's a paid athlete for my fave team, and all I really care about is if Joe can contribute to the Bruins success.

What hasnt been stated on either Corvo thread is this:  Sometimes the law has very little to with the truth - or does everyone on this board really think that O.J. Simpson is innocent of murder?  'Cause that's what the law says.

Yeah, Corvo plead out and it's on his record, but maybe thats not the complete story.  Or maybe it is.  Either way, it's not really relevant to me, personally, as a fan of the Bruins (although I certainly see the differing POV)

If I was interviewing him for a job, or he was dating my sister, his past would be an issue for me.  As a hockey fan...not so much.

Welcome aboard, Joe 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman. : Agreed, he plead out because he was guilty of assault. However: Bottomline:   Would ANY of this have happened if the transvestite/transgendered person hadn't misrepresented him/her/itself to Corvo at the bar?  At the very least, that's "lying" to someone for purely selfish purposes.  If Corvo hadn't been lied to, I think we can safely say the assault never would have happened.
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]
    I have lost much respect for you for that comment.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CactusTonyo. Show CactusTonyo's posts

But it was a typical bruin's reply!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]Not going there.  

your lying, there has never been any report of it being a man or transgender.
    you dont want to "go there"
     becuase you simply making stuff up to try to back up your b.s. poor attempt.
    if you have any proof send a link if not try to learn how to lie better, what you have done is make your self look really stupid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman. : Take off your blinkers ! Seidenberg was our best D-man during the playoffs !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]
    I'm assuming you showed up to apologize to Shupe and myself over your ridiculous claim that Kaberle would be "forced to accept" a pay cut to around 2 million.BTW, you saying Seidenberg was better than Chara is another example of your lack of true understanding of the game. Should I also assume that "take off your blinkers" means something in french?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Anyway, PC did not get Corvo for his relationships with women, but to be his 3rd defenseman. And I think he will do the job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman. : your lying, there has never been any report of it being a man or transgender. you dont want to "go there"  becuase you simply making stuff up to try to back up your b.s. poor attempt. if you have any proof send a link if not try to learn how to lie better, what you have done is make your self look really stupid.
    Posted by sclifton-4-freespeech[/QUOTE]

Have I ever lied here before?  No, and I'm not lying now either.  That's all I can and will say.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman. : Have I ever lied here before?  No, and I'm not lying now either.  That's all I can and will say.

You're a good poster and not sure what some of the accusations are about.
    I don't have to agree with what your saying nor believe what you post.
    Heck!  I don't agree or believe some columnists write as some have their own hidden agendas .
    You have nothing to prove to anyone here. For the love of Pete this is just a forum !!!!
    It's not the bible on life.
    I come on here to get news and learn about certain topics , not to get a morality check.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman. : I have lost much respect for you for that comment.  
    Posted by Tuckerw3[/QUOTE]

Please, make no mistake:  I'm not defending Corvo's actions.  I simply pointed out what actually happened that night and how that kind of situation can frequently lead to further, unintended consequences, whether it's a hockey player or anyone else who's involved.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Corvo DID NOT beat up a woman. : Please, make no mistake:  I'm not defending Corvo's actions.  I simply pointed out what actually happened that night and how that kind of situation can frequently lead to further, unintended consequences, whether it's a hockey player or anyone else who's involved.
    Ok well the way I see it I will evaluate him by his actions on the ice but what he did does disgust me

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]
    If I was interviewing him for a job, or he was dating my sister, his past would be an issue for me.  As a hockey fan...not so much. Welcome aboard, Joe 
    Posted by CelticBear68[/QUOTE]

Very well said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'd be interested to find out the source here.  Was it a caller on sports radio?  Was it a post on HF?  Did your buddy say so at the bar one night?  Are you the guy/girl?

If you're not going to provide any info on where the info comes from, your name might as well be Bruins8.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Root for Corvo or don't root for Corvo... Who cares!  He is on the 2012 Bruins and therefore I will support him as will the rest of you when he contributes to the powerplay this year.  Whatever he did 10 yrs ago is in the past and his own personal problem.  Judging our newest member of the B's for something done 10 yrs ago tell me it's time for rookie camp or training camp cause everyone is just bored.  Get over it! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In an attempt to clarify what's been written and speculated about here, those of you who have read my comments over the past four years know I don't sling BS.  I tell it like it is, call 'em as I see 'em for better or worse, regardless of whether or not I'll be critcized for my comments. 

First, please know Corvo's not my favorite player, on or off the ice, but I have no axe to grind or agenda regarding him in any way.

Secondly, the purpose of my post was to lend clarity to what actually happened re: Corvo that night.  My original post is an accurate account of what happened.

Due to the unusual circumstances that unfolded that evening, it's safe to say Corvo had no idea he was hitting a woman, transgendered or otherwise.  Which means that while we all agree that assault on anyone is not acceptable, what Corvo did that night was not as simple...or as bad...as it may appear according to black-and-white court documents that don't typically communicate the gray areas of a case.  Had he assaulted a woman for merely refusing his advances, that would have been far worse and more significant than what actually took place.  Unique circumstances and context played major roles in what happened.

As far as a source goes, please know that if it weren't accurate information, I wouldn't have passed it along.  That's all I can say.  But I would ask, since I've never come here to lie or needlessly stir things up in the past, why would I be doing that now?  The answer is I wouldn't and haven't.

I've told the truth here, just like I always have.  I will nothing further to say regarding this particular topic.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The reason the Corvo conviction was never a particularly big deal?  The untold facts are that Corvo punched "her" out once he realized that the woman he'd been making out with at the bar was in fact a transvestite.  Which means, of course, that Corvo did NOT beat up a woman.

Are we sure it wasn't one of the Sedin sisters?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]The reason the Corvo conviction was never a particularly big deal?  The untold facts are that Corvo punched "her" out once he realized that the woman he'd been making out with at the bar was in fact a transvestite.  Which means, of course, that Corvo did NOT beat up a woman. Are we sure it wasn't one of the Sedin sisters?   
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Are we sure it wasn't NAS in heels?

Can't believe that nobody has taken that gratuitous shot yet. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]In an attempt to clarify what's been written and speculated about here, those of you who have read my comments over the past four years know I don't sling BS.  I tell it like it is, call 'em as I see 'em for better or worse, regardless of whether or not I'll be critcized for my comments.  First, please know Corvo's not my favorite player, on or off the ice, but I have no axe to grind or agenda regarding him in any way. Secondly, the purpose of my post was to lend clarity to what actually happened re: Corvo that night.  My original post is an accurate account of what happened. Due to the unusual circumstances that unfolded that evening, it's safe to say Corvo had no idea he was hitting a woman, transgendered or otherwise.  Which means that while we all agree that assault on anyone is not acceptable, what Corvo did that night was not as simple...or as bad...as it may appear according to black-and-white court documents that don't typically communicate the gray areas of a case.  Had he assaulted a woman for merely refusing his advances, that would have been far worse and more significant than what actually took place.  Unique circumstances and context played major roles in what happened. As far as a source goes, please know that if it weren't accurate information, I wouldn't have passed it along.  That's all I can say.  But I would ask, since I've never come here to lie or needlessly stir things up in the past, why would I be doing that now?  The answer is I wouldn't and haven't. I've told the truth here, just like I always have.  I will nothing further to say regarding this particular topic.

BC, I have no reason to doubt what you are saying, but it would be great to get a better idea of the source and your relationship to the source.  Is it police, prosecutors, restaurant staff, a friend of Corvo, other?  That would be helpful.

How were you made of aware of this information?  Did it come recently or closer to the events in 2002?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]In an attempt to clarify what's been written and speculated about here, those of you who have read my comments over the past four years know I don't sling BS.  I tell it like it is, call 'em as I see 'em for better or worse, regardless of whether or not I'll be critcized for my comments.  First, please know Corvo's not my favorite player, on or off the ice, but I have no axe to grind or agenda regarding him in any way. Secondly, the purpose of my post was to lend clarity to what actually happened re: Corvo that night.  My original post is an accurate account of what happened. Due to the unusual circumstances that unfolded that evening, it's safe to say Corvo had no idea he was hitting a woman, transgendered or otherwise.  Which means that while we all agree that assault on anyone is not acceptable, what Corvo did that night was not as simple...or as bad...as it may appear according to black-and-white court documents that don't typically communicate the gray areas of a case.  Had he assaulted a woman for merely refusing his advances, that would have been far worse and more significant than what actually took place.  Unique circumstances and context played major roles in what happened. As far as a source goes, please know that if it weren't accurate information, I wouldn't have passed it along.  That's all I can say.  But I would ask, since I've never come here to lie or needlessly stir things up in the past, why would I be doing that now?  The answer is I wouldn't and haven't. I've told the truth here, just like I always have.  I will nothing further to say regarding this particular topic.

i want you to know, i didnt mean it personally when i said i thought you were lying. In other words, im not here to call you liar. i get frustrated when people start making facts up without any proof or documentation.

Im over it, Joe is a bruin. i wll cheer for him becuase he is one. I am still astonished at the FACTS that are documented and the punishment.
    Im not here to beat a dead horse, it was long time ago and i do beleive in second chances but there has been no one here who can put fourth any proof that it was not a women.

i hope joe keeps his nose clean and shoots the puck on the power play!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Maybe he's just fixated on beating up long haired individuals? Hope so, I'd like him to practice in Hartnell a bit.