Corvo vs Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Corvo vs Kaberle

So far, I like Corvo's willingness to put the puck on net and not be afraid to throw a check every now and then, something we did not see with kabs. Most of all, I like Corvo's intensity and hustle, its a step or two up from kaberle also. Personally, I could care less about him slugging a he-she, I follow the NHL, not the police scanner, there is a justice system in place for that stuff and it is much less interesting.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Corvo vs Kaberle

Don't really seem him panic with the puck that much either Sizzle. Kaberle had a look in his face like there was a silver back charging him when he saw a forward coming at him in the corner.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I agree with your first pargaraph completely.  I think the PP looks better with him.  I feel like overall the philosophy and execution looks improved.  I feel like they are a step away on chemistry and the precision which comes with it, I believe it will be improved this year, and am hopeful with there decision to keep the special teams coach.  Corvo brings some of that ability to change angles like Kaberle did last year as well.  I think the ability to change the angle will open opportunities for players like Krejci and Seguin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Corvo vs Kaberle:
    So far, I like Corvo's willingness to put the puck on net and not be afraid to throw a check every now and then, something we did not see with kabs. Most of all, I like Corvo's intensity and hustle, its a step or two up from kaberle also. Personally, I could care less about him slugging a he-she, I follow the NHL, not the police scanner, there is a justice system in place for that stuff and it is much less interesting.
    Posted by MDsizzle

What are you guys seeing out there? By "you guys", I mean everyone who's claiming to see a significant upgrade in Corvo. Tonight, he and Ference both had off nights moving the puck. I just find it odd you'd start a thread lauding Corvo's play after a game in which I thought he was bad. So far, Corvo is out-hitting Kaberle 2-1 while Kaberle has landed more shots on goal(12-10). Corvo is a significantly better deal financially but that's it so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"while Kaberle has landed more shots on goal(12-10)"

Just curious are the amount of shots taken the same ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

I remember giveaway after giveaway and the opposing pk giving Kaberle a tone of space because everyone knew he was not going to shoot the puck. Even a bad Corvo game is an upgrade IMHO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle:
                 "while Kaberle has landed more shots on goal(12-10)" Just curious are the amount of shots taken the same ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

San, I'm sure Corvo has taken lots more. That's another thing I've noticed about him. Too many shots being blocked or missing the net. It's not just Corvo though. The team as a whole has had too many shots blocked. They need to find a way to create more seams.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I remember giveaway after giveaway and the opposing pk giving Kaberle a tone of space because everyone knew he was not going to shoot the puck. Even a bad Corvo game is an upgrade IMHO.
    Posted by MDsizzle

I commented earlier in the week that folks dislike Kaberle so much that they're seeing things(improvements)that simply aren't there. You mentioned Corvo shoots the puck and plays the body. I'm just saying 2 shots per game and 1 hit every 2-1/2 games doesn't impress me so far.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Corvo vs Kaberle : What are you guys seeing out there? By "you guys", I mean everyone who's claiming to see a significant upgrade in Corvo. Tonight, he and Ference both had off nights moving the puck. I just find it odd you'd start a thread lauding Corvo's play after a game in which I thought he was bad. So far, Corvo is out-hitting Kaberle 2-1 while Kaberle has landed more shots on goal(12-10). Corvo is a significantly better deal financially but that's it so far.
    Posted by dezaruchi

He's active.  When many of these fans see movement, they think that means that the player is better.  That's why Marchand was lumped with Seguin as the team's top two offensive players.  Lucic and Horton skate slower, so they must not be as good.

Corvo moves around a lot on the powerplay.  While the results have been exactly the same, because he moves around he's much better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : He's active.  When many of these fans see movement, they think that means that the player is better.  That's why Marchand was lumped with Seguin as the team's top two offensive players.  Lucic and Horton skate slower, so they must not be as good. Corvo moves around a lot on the powerplay.  While the results have been exactly the same, because he moves around he's much better.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

It's better movement, it's movement with a purpose rather than just playing keep away.  More passes and more movement keeping the goalie moving is better.  The passes and movement last year didn't make the goalie move.

Making the goalie move and then the classic finish of the pass to the side where the goalie is not is the way it is supposed to happen.

I would rather see better movement and same results rather then just stupid movement and no results.

Give it more time, I see this pp working out for the better in the long run.

Kaberle's holding at the point, holding, looking for a shot, holding, holding, looking off a pass, holding, holding - now a pass to the guy in the corner and back to Kaberle.

Give me a cross ice pass to Corvo who shoots and misses any day, that play has a chance, the Kaberle quarterback never stands a chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : He's active.  When many of these fans see movement, they think that means that the player is better.  That's why Marchand was lumped with Seguin as the team's top two offensive players.  Lucic and Horton skate slower, so they must not be as good. Corvo moves around a lot on the powerplay.  While the results have been exactly the same, because he moves around he's much better.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS, I think the biggest thing most people are seeing is that he's not Kaberle and that's good enough for them. I'm just not seeing Corvo accomplishing much. That said, it might be just a matter of him still learning the system and not taking any chances. I'm not saying Corvo has been awful. I just don't think he's been above average yet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

Is it innaccurate to associate activity with effectiveness.  When looking at a team not performing as expected in a very small sample sizes, I am looking for anomalies.  Activity without effectiveness is high on the anomaly list.  Pouliot is a player who has been active without being effective in a small sample.  Maybe it is because he is missing some significant skill which I am missing, or maybe it is just an anomaly and soon he will become a significant contributor on the stat sheet. I see Corvo in a similar way in that I see Pouliot but not to the same degree. I think Corvo is especially promising on the power play.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : It's better movement, it's movement with a purpose rather than just playing keep away.  More passes and more movement keeping the goalie moving is better.  The passes and movement last year didn't make the goalie move. Making the goalie move and then the classic finish of the pass to the side where the goalie is not is the way it is supposed to happen. I would rather see better movement and same results rather then just stupid movement and no results. Give it more time, I see this pp working out for the better in the long run. Kaberle's holding at the point, holding, looking for a shot, holding, holding, looking off a pass, holding, holding - now a pass to the guy in the corner and back to Kaberle. Give me a cross ice pass to Corvo who shoots and misses any day, that play has a chance, the Kaberle quarterback never stands a chance.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Really? Corvo would be the 1st guy ever to score without credit for a shot on goal. Funny you guys should comment on Corvo's "movement" on the PP. I watched the Hawks feed in the 1st and Olczyk illustrated how an opportunity was missed on the PP when Corvo failed to activate from the blue line to give Bergie an option back door. Bergeron looked up, saw Corvo wasn't coming and was forced to just fire it on net because he ran out of options from the half wall.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's just once instance.  Corvo almost always has his skates moving.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

That's just once instance.  Corvo almost always has his skates moving.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Not doubting that. I just thought tonight as his worst game so far. He was still decent so I guess that's a positive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle :  He was still decent so I guess that's a positive. Posted by dezaruchi

I feel more positive with Corvo handling of the puck in the defensive end and offensive end than I did when Kaberle in a Bruins uniform so far. That's not to say I think Corvo is better than Kaberle offensively, Tomas is a better passer, but Joe is much better in the defensive end so far cause he will take the body.

I also think Corvo's accuracy will come and you will never find that out with Tomas because he would rather pass. Oh and I also never blamed Kaberle for the Bruins powerplay inefficiency last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : I feel more positive with Corvo handling of the puck in the defensive end and offensive end than I did when Kaberle in a Bruins uniform so far. That's not to say I think Corvo is better than Kaberle offensively, Tomas is a better passer, but Joe is much better in the defensive end so far cause he will take the body. I also think Corvo's accuracy will come and you will never find that out with Tomas because he would rather pass. Oh and I also never blamed Kaberle for the Bruins powerplay inefficiency last year.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

San, I expect Corvo to improve after he's more comfortable with the system. I'd actually like to see him take more risks(calculated though). Get a little Boychuk in his game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : Not doubting that. I just thought tonight as his worst game so far. He was still decent so I guess that's a positive.
    Posted by dezaruchi

he wasnt good tonight dez i will agree. i will also admit that i was 1 one those guys that didnt like tomas's soft game what so ever but also acknowledged that kaberle was an upgrade over anything the bruins had to offer last year. also i admitted that after the montreal series he stepped up his game to help the bruins win the stanley cup.

the difference between kaberle and corvo isnt huge except for the ridiculous contract kaberle got but what i think the guys are taking about is the eye test. watching kaberle i was always on the edge of my seat either worrying that someone was just going to dishrag kaberle and take the puck from him(ala sean bergenheim game 4 last year against TB) or screaming at him to shoot the puck.

were with corvo watching him move his skates at all times, the willingness to let a shot go at any time and him jumping into the offensive zone to create chances with speed make me feel alot better. i know the results have been the same so far but doesnt it look better to u as it does to me?                                                             

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : he wasnt good tonight dez i will agree. i will also admit that i was 1 one those guys that didnt like tomas's soft game what so ever but also acknowledged that kaberle was an upgrade over anything the bruins had to offer last year. also i admitted that after the montreal series he stepped up his game to help the bruins win the stanley cup.   the difference between kaberle and corvo isnt huge except for the ridiculous contract kaberle got but what i think the guys are taking about is the eye test. watching kaberle i was always on the edge of my seat either worrying that someone was just going to dishrag kaberle and take the puck from him(ala sean bergenheim game 4 last year against TB) or screaming at him to shoot the puck.   were with corvo watching him move his skates at all times, the willingness to let a shot go at any time and him jumping into the offensive zone to create chances with speed make me feel alot better. i know the results have been the same so far but doesnt it look better to u as it does to me?                                                             
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

Loyal, I'm saying not yet. I'm not crazy about the way Boston has gone back to playing ping pong behind the net before attempting a breakout. I'm a big fan of the long tape to tape pass up ice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : Loyal, I'm saying not yet. I'm not crazy about the way Boston has gone back to playing ping pong behind the net before attempting a breakout. I'm a big fan of the long tape to tape pass up ice.
    Posted by dezaruchi

fair enough dez. at least your honest and willing to give it a chance going forward.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

On the whole the Bruins take to long shooting, this has been an issue for a while.

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : San, I'm sure Corvo has taken lots more. That's another thing I've noticed about him. Too many shots being blocked or missing the net. It's not just Corvo though. The team as a whole has had too many shots blocked. They need to find a way to create more seams.
    Posted by dezaruchi

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : NAS, I think the biggest thing most people are seeing is that he's not Kaberle and that's good enough for them. I'm just not seeing Corvo accomplishing much. That said, it might be just a matter of him still learning the system and not taking any chances. I'm not saying Corvo has been awful. I just don't think he's been above average yet.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I agree with your assessment on Corvo being average. Where's the upgrade ? Kaberle was below average. That's where I think the debate should start . dez you have a different view on what Kaberle brought to the Bruins. I didn't see the same things that you saw from him. He was a frustrating player to watch for me . With Corvo so far I see better effort . With Kaberle I didn't . As much as you like the long breakout pass I have the same feeling for players who give effort.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

The PP was terrible with Kaberle.

The PP has been terrible with Corvo.

Any chance there are other fundamental problems that should be addressed?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The PP was terrible with Kaberle. The PP has been terrible with Corvo. Any chance there are other fundamental problems that should be addressed?
    Posted by Crowls2424

We've certainly got to start leaning in that direction.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Corvo is better. period!

Sections
Shortcuts