Corvo vs Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Corvo vs Kaberle

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle:
    In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : Get a little Boychuk in his game. Posted by dezaruchi

Johnny is making a case for an extension and If Joe starts playing like Boychuk he might just earn a contract himself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Corvo is better. period!
    Posted by riptide757

That must be why teams line up for Corvo's services.......... I'll tell you what I've told others......you can just add a dot to the end of your sentences. Writing the word period isn't necessary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : I agree with your assessment on Corvo being average. Where's the upgrade ? Kaberle was below average. That's where I think the debate should start . dez you have a different view on what Kaberle brought to the Bruins. I didn't see the same things that you saw from him. He was a frustrating player to watch for me . With Corvo so far I see better effort . With Kaberle I didn't . As much as you like the long breakout pass I have the same feeling for players who give effort.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Below average Kaberle still had the most points per minute of all the Bruins D in the playoff win. When an average Corvo starts getting results, I'll give him his props. Until then, I'll continue to wait for Corvo to get it going.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The PP was terrible with Kaberle. The PP has been terrible with Corvo. Any chance there are other fundamental problems that should be addressed?
    Posted by Crowls2424

I agree fully, Crowls.  Just like last season, the powerplay is broken.  They don't need different players on the ice, they need a new approach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

On the whole the Bruins take to long shooting, this has been an issue for a while. In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle :
    Posted by bandgbleeder

yeah like Lucic in the 1st, had a open net too shoot, too long.
    On the subject, against the Canes,  the 2nd goal can pointed at Corvo making a bad decision with the puck and lost the puck.   Overall he's been okay.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : yeah like Lucic in the 1st, had a open net too shoot, too long. On the subject, against the Canes,  the 2nd goal can pointed at Corvo making a bad decision with the puck and lost the puck.   Overall he's been okay.
    Posted by BsLegion

Exactly the point I was making. People wanted Kaberle gone so bad that their love of his replacement is both overblown and misplaced.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Corvo vs Kaberle : What are you guys seeing out there? By "you guys", I mean everyone who's claiming to see a significant upgrade in Corvo. Tonight, he and Ference both had off nights moving the puck. I just find it odd you'd start a thread lauding Corvo's play after a game in which I thought he was bad. So far, Corvo is out-hitting Kaberle 2-1 while Kaberle has landed more shots on goal(12-10). Corvo is a significantly better deal financially but that's it so far.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I think Corvo doesn't have the same skill set as Kaberle but might be a better fit as the year goes on .Perhaps expectations were too high in regards to Kaberle but he was frustrating to watch.Of  course he contributed to the Cup run but he had nowhere near the impact that I was expecting from him . 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : I think Corvo doesn't have the same skill set as Kaberle but might be a better fit as the year goes on .Perhaps expectations were too high in regards to Kaberle but he was frustrating to watch.Of  course he contributed to the Cup run but he had nowhere near the impact that I was expecting from him . 
    Posted by DallasSmith

Spot on observations Dallas. I've no doubt that Corvo will work out in the long run especially considering the money saved.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Another thing to keep in mind for both players:  The powerplay has been 100% amazing in the "what the hark is going on" category.

We'll never know what value Kaberle might have truly brought (but a Cup is enough).  Hopefully it will get figured out before Corvo suffers the same fate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I like Corvo not because of comparing him to Kaberle (I actually liked him as a Bruin), but because I liked what he brought to the Senators in their cup final run. So far he's been a mixed bag of goofs and solid plays as a Bruin but I'm happy he's on the team. No one should expect a star but he's got some decent offensive pop at a good price. A lot of other scoring D have similar flaws but come with a way bigger price tag because of their stats.

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : Exactly the point I was making. People wanted Kaberle gone so bad that their love of his replacement is both overblown and misplaced.
    Posted by dezaruchi

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Doughty is out with a possible brain injury.  Wiz is out with a possible lack of a brain issue.

Corvo is playing just fine for his price and his role.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Doughty is out with a possible brain injury.  Wiz is out with a possible lack of a brain issue. Corvo is playing just fine for his price and his role.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Doughty got rocked! They said 7-10 days but that's unlikely from what I saw. Any injury sustained on that hit is unlikely to heal in a week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : I agree fully, Crowls.  Just like last season, the powerplay is broken.  They don't need different players on the ice, they need a new approach.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

amen- to that!!

honestly i hate the people who cry for the firing of a coach or coordinator but this has gone far enough. there is no way that this team should continue to settle for these results on the power play.

the bruins got away with the power play being awful last year because of how strong they were 5 on 5. enough is enough though the power play should be used as a weapon. instead there are actually fans out there who are wondering out load weather or not the bruins can forfeit power play opportunities!!! seriously? i mean there are teams out there who depend on powerplay chances to win games. to the point were there are teams in the nhl who are purposely diving on the ice to obtain phantom penalty calls(Montreal and Vancouver to name a few)

am i advocating for that way of going about it -no! of course not but think of how much better the bruins could be if they had this weapon in there arsenal. the bruins need a new a approach and now, i hope they dont wait until it really costs this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : amen- to that!! honestly i hate the people who cry for the firing of a coach or coordinator but this has gone far enough. there is no way that this team should continue to settle for these results on the power play. the bruins got away with the power play being awful last year because of how strong they were 5 on 5. enough is enough though the power play should be used as a weapon. instead there are actually fans out there who are wondering out load weather or not the bruins can forfeit power play opportunities!!! seriously? i mean there are teams out there who depend on powerplay chances to win games. to the point were there are teams in the nhl who are purposely diving on the ice to obtain phantom penalty calls(Montreal and Vancouver to name a few) am i advocating for that way of going about it -no! of course not but think of how much better the bruins could be if they had this weapon in there arsenal. the bruins need a new a approach and now, i hope they dont wait until it really costs this team.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

You're right Loyal. As it stands, teams have no fear of taking penalties against Boston because the PP is so inept. They need to make the opposition fear going short-handed against them and this has a trickle down effect. If they're afraid of taking penalties then they'll obviously make a concerted effort to play cleaner(less hooks and slashes to fight through). Right now, teams have no fear of making that extra hook or hold against them because the PP just doesn't score. Something needs to change and this PP "coach" has had quite awhile to figure out something that works for this group.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I like Corvo not because of comparing him to Kaberle (I actually liked him as a Bruin), but because I liked what he brought to the Senators in their cup final run. So far he's been a mixed bag of goofs and solid plays as a Bruin but I'm happy he's on the team. No one should expect a star but he's got some decent offensive pop at a good price. A lot of other scoring D have similar flaws but come with a way bigger price tag because of their stats. In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle :
    Posted by OatesCam
    Corvo reminds me a lot of Jiri Slegr.Slegr was a D who gambled a lot and as you mention[in regards to Corvo] brought a mixed bag of goofs and solid plays.I always did like Slegr though .On a team that has Chara ,Seidenberg,Ference etc I think the B's can have a D with that style of play and make it work. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hometeam77. Show hometeam77's posts

hey all love the posts, first time making one.  i know the pp is dismal right now.  A.  we're missing our number one playmaker in DK, but the movement and pace hasn't been bad.  it seems like they are JUST missing some oppurtinities.  last night in the final minutes of the game on the PP,great movement and Seidenberg just mised the go ahead and hitting the post. as far as the Corvo vs Kaberle debate Corvo is the typical threat where his speed can make things happen as an odd man rush, he's not afraid to take a shot which is a good one and he plays his positin.  Kaberle, hey he was part of this team that won the Cup and played every game when they traded for him so he deserves it but IMO he seemed way to unsure of himself, waited to long to either shot or pass and was not the same player I watched be a force on the ice with Toronto, i was a big Kaberle fan and was all for the trade but he fell well short of the expectation.  Corvo seems more relaxed, is faster, and will unleash that shot without hesitation.  He seems like a god mentor for a guy like Steven Kampfer, i think they have the same type of style play. i mean we're only 5 games in, lets give the guy at least a month maybe two to get affiliated with a new team.  Remember Corvo, Seidenberg and i believe Joni Pitkanen were on the Hurricane team that took us out in the playoffs in that sven game heartbreaker and all contributed in that series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : Below average Kaberle still had the most points per minute of all the Bruins D in the playoff win. When an average Corvo starts getting results, I'll give him his props. Until then, I'll continue to wait for Corvo to get it going.
    Posted by dezaruchi

If points is all you look at then it's hard to argue with you.  I tend to look at the whole body of work as a defenceman. Until Corvo starts playing as poorly as Kaberle did with all of his game I'll keep saying letting Kaberle go and replacing him with Corvo was a smart move.

No disrespect intended towards your opinion , I just don't agree with it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I too find that the pace and movement have been better this year on the pp than last. Results may come.

hey all love the posts, first time making one.  i know the pp is dismal right now.  A.  we're missing our number one playmaker in DK, but the movement and pace hasn't been bad.  it seems like they are JUST missing some oppurtinities.  last night in the final minutes of the game on the PP,great movement and Seidenberg just mised the go ahead and hitting the post. as far as the Corvo vs Kaberle debate Corvo is the typical threat where his speed can make things happen as an odd man rush, he's not afraid to take a shot which is a good one and he plays his positin.  Kaberle, hey he was part of this team that won the Cup and played every game when they traded for him so he deserves it but IMO he seemed way to unsure of himself, waited to long to either shot or pass and was not the same player I watched be a force on the ice with Toronto, i was a big Kaberle fan and was all for the trade but he fell well short of the expectation.  Corvo seems more relaxed, is faster, and will unleash that shot without hesitation.  He seems like a god mentor for a guy like Steven Kampfer, i think they have the same type of style play. i mean we're only 5 games in, lets give the guy at least a month maybe two to get affiliated with a new team.  Remember Corvo, Seidenberg and i believe Joni Pitkanen were on the Hurricane team that took us out in the playoffs in that sven game heartbreaker and all contributed in that series.
    Posted by hometeam77

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

last year the pp had trouble setting up in the offensive zone, this year they are getting off zone time, but no finish. very small improvement, but still an improvement. me's thinks corvo has helped in this respect. i think he carries the puck up ice very well...atleast as good as kaberle. corvo will only get better as the season moves on.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just revisiting Korvo on the Bruins so far ? Thoughts...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Just revisiting Korvo on the Bruins so far ? Thoughts...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I'm just glad Caberle (sic) is with Carolina, and we have Korvo (sic).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Kaberle 22g 0-5-5 -6 corvo 19g 0-9-9-+7 Good enough for me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I think we are doing just fine having swapped Kabs and Corvo.

PP seems to be much better than last year. Seguin on the wing will be devastating.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Corvo is a definite upgrade from Kaberle.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Was never a fan of Kabs in the defensive zone, making the "defenseman" tag innappropriate. He would literally melt into the boards under any pressure.

Sections
Shortcuts