Corvo vs Kaberle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Re: Corvo vs Kaberle

After seeing a bigger chunk of Corvo, he's been a bit of a disappointment compared to as advertised. Having said that, he is a definite upgrade from kaberle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle:
    [QUOTE]Kaberle 22g 0-5-5 -6 corvo 19g 0-9-9-+7 Good enough for me.
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]
    The equation isn't as simple as you're making it out to be.

Eric Staal 22g 4-6-10 -15  Chris Kelly  7-7-14 +14   

I don't think this means Kelly is better than Staal.......
    Funny we're discussing this today because Corvo was awful last night. He and Pouliot took turns trying to give the game away. Bruins are winning though so I haven't been overly concerned one way or the other.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : He's active.  When many of these fans see movement, they think that means that the player is better.  That's why Marchand was lumped with Seguin as the team's top two offensive players.  Lucic and Horton skate slower, so they must not be as good. Corvo moves around a lot on the powerplay.  While the results have been exactly the same, because he moves around he's much better.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

he's stronger on his skates ; )

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Kaberle is literally a disaster waiting to happen, so Corvo is a definite improvement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

I agree, serviceable would be a good term to describe his play. He is not a big hitter, not a fighter. So, if people are looking for that, they will be disappointed. His shot is OK, he seems pretty mobile overall. My sons and I have discussed that he seems like he's not totally comfortable in the system yet. A big change going from man-to-man d to zone d. Just average...
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Corvo vs Kaberle : NAS, I think the biggest thing most people are seeing is that he's not Kaberle and that's good enough for them. I'm just not seeing Corvo accomplishing much. That said, it might be just a matter of him still learning the system and not taking any chances. I'm not saying Corvo has been awful. I just don't think he's been above average yet.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Corvo is 5x the player that Kaberle is.  Only thing missing in Corvos gave is some meaness and intensity at times.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

wow the dilemma !!!!  Do I prefer a glass of Corvo or a glass of Kab ?
    uhmmmm tonight we eat Pot roast, Corvo it is !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

...and word on the wire is that just two months in, Kaberle is the odd man out on the Carolina blueline and Rutherford would LOVE to move him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

Don't want to  draw the wrath of Dez, but the question is who is better right now. Given the stats, I would say Kelly is doing more for his team than Staal is for his. Would I trade Kelly for Staal even up-yes, I would. Would Staal center my 3rd line-no. Would I expect Kelly to center Carolina's 1st line-no. Staal and Kelly comparisons are apples and celery-they have different roles to play. TK and JC are defensemen and easier to compare. I still say their stats tell me what I want to know.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Don't want to  draw the wrath of Dez, but the question is who is better right now. Given the stats, I would say Kelly is doing more for his team than Staal is for his. Would I trade Kelly for Staal even up-yes, I would. Would Staal center my 3rd line-no. Would I expect Kelly to center Carolina's 1st line-no. Staal and Kelly comparisons are apples and celery-they have different roles to play. TK and JC are defensemen and easier to compare. I still say their stats tell me what I want to know.
    Posted by PINEwarmer[/QUOTE]
    Pine, don't worry about me. I was just pointing out that Carolina's team is awful right now and the Bruins are the best. It can skew the numbers. Cheers!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

No way Corvo is a top 4 D. Struggling with the puck, bad choices on PP. We need to go shopping before the deadline. Im worried that when his turnovers cost us, this can get Widemanesk.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sndeane. Show sndeane's posts

I'm ok with Corvo, especially comparing him to Kaberle (and how he's doing in Carolina thus far this year).

Corvo has 9 assists with a +6 rating... decent numbers, he's doing his job at a very reasonable cost.