Corvo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Corvo

I thought that McQuaid and Boychuk were awful passers but Corvo has to be the worst. He regularly tries these long outlet passes and if they're not intercepted and turned into goals by the opposition, such as last night, they rarely connect and usually wind up as icing calls. Isn't this guy a hugh liability back there?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Re: Corvo

I think he is a liability as well but again I disagree with you about Boy and Adam so it has hard for me to concur to much. I see your point but he is well covered by Seidenberg every night. It is crazy but he is up there in plus minus. I guess another side effect of playing with sidenberg. IN the end Corvo will have to have a stellar play off to stay on this team next year. There are moments he skates well. I guess is one plus.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'd take uh oh Joe over Kaberle, Wideman and Morris anyday, all game long right now. Like many Defensman he can look real bad at times and very glaring with brain faat bad passes up the boards.

There is no doubt in my mind Corvo has helped to upgrade the PP but I would not be surprised if Chiarelli moved him if he can get an upgrade because Corvo has a tradeable contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Not me, I'd take Wideman every day and Sunday over Corvo. Wideman is a far better shooter, far better PP guy. He can cough up the puck, sure, but he's a better player than Corvo. To be frank, I'm disappointed in Joe on a team where 95 percent of the roster is playing to my satisfaction and I'm sure to Coach J. Corvo has got to get better. Overall, he's a glaring disappointment. In fact, I think I'd take Kaberle over Corvo too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Corvo:
     I thought that McQuaid and Boychuk were awful passers but Corvo has to be the worst. He regularly tries these long outlet passes and if they're not intercepted and turned into goals by the opposition, such as last night, they rarely connect and usually wind up as icing calls. Isn't this guy a hugh liability back there?
    Posted by trouts

Have you checked the B's goals against stats?  McQuaid and Boychuk are certainly 5 and 6 on the B's depth chart and even they are playing great.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think all the B's D are good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Asked Thomas and Rask about our defence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Corvo and his long passes reminds me a lot of what Wideman use to do. Sometimes it works most times it doesnt.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO Chiarelli is looking to upgrade the defense if he can. Corvo is only one of the weak links on defense as both he and Boychuck do have brain missing thoughts frequently. However, they both are doing well enough until someone better is available. I also noticed that Pouliot didn't make any serious mistakes with Bergie, but he is not much of a helper. Even his goal, he missed an open net, and luckily the goalie misplayed the puck so he had a second chance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In Response to Corvo:
    Posted by trouts

Come on now ha! one bad pass here and there and your jumping on the negative like a mook..........Corvo's been good and will be fine. he's much better than Kabs.........

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

seeing more of darth quaider with chara.  wonder if boychuk is trade bait.  

would rather st peter grab a bottom pair defenseman before the trade deadline so b's have 8 going into the playoffs (like last year).  you want depth unlike the queens having to play andrew alberts as as top 4.

interesting that claude has not had to reunite the chara-seids shutdown pairing.  guess corvo can't be trusted with anyone else. 

i also like the pp points... chara-pevs and seids-corvo.  noticed the latter scored on the pp with the khl line last night. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'll take Corov over Wideman, or Kaberle, but Morris it's a wash.

In Response to Re: Corvo:
    I'd take uh oh Joe over Kaberle, Wideman and Morris anyday, all game long right now. Like many Defensman he can look real bad at times and very glaring with brain faat bad passes up the boards. There is no doubt in my mind Corvo has helped to upgrade the PP but I would not be surprised if Chiarelli moved him if he can get an upgrade because Corvo has a tradeable contract.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

McQuaid's passing is never worse than average.

Boychuks passing is usually slightly above average, but he has those games where his brain is clearly left in his locker for safe keeping...

Corvo is a turnover machine.

In Response to Corvo:
    Posted by trouts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Posted by OatesCam

Exactly.  Mistakes are made, but all 6 are doing a good job.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not me, I'd take Wideman every day and Sunday over Corvo. Wideman is a far better shooter, far better PP guy. He can cough up the puck, sure, but he's a better player than Corvo.  In fact, I think I'd take Kaberle over Corvo too. Posted by dannycater

If Wideman were as good as you say he would have been part of the successful re-build of Florida not ushered out. The only reason Dennis is having success in Washington is because he has Backstrom to his right then Semin to his left with Ovie floating during the PP. I can live with Corvo's mistakes allot more because of his contract but couldn't with Wideman's contract.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Looks to me like Corvo is a streaky player. Given the way the Bs are playing right now I'm not too worried and he is better than Kaberle

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

Don't mind Joe at all...besides, he's just keeping the seat warm for Dougie!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In Response to Corvo : Come on now ha! one bad pass here and there and your jumping on the negative like a mook..........Corvo's been good and will be fine. he's much better than Kabs.........
    Posted by riptide757

If it were just that bad pass last night, I wouldn't have posted. He routinely makes these bad long passes that end up in turnovers or icings. As for Kaberle, I didn't like him either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Posted by OatesCam

Certainly they don't all bring the same level of talent to the ice and Rask and Thomas seem to have a knack for wiping away lots of glaring turnovers. But this post was about Corvo and his passing skills or lack thereof. The giveaways that lead to goals are one thing but the unnecessary icings are also troubling and will eventually lead to more goals as well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I'd take uh oh Joe over Kaberle, Wideman and Morris anyday, all game long right now. Like many Defensman he can look real bad at times and very glaring with brain faat bad passes up the boards. There is no doubt in my mind Corvo has helped to upgrade the PP but I would not be surprised if Chiarelli moved him if he can get an upgrade because Corvo has a tradeable contract.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

I totally agree....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Id take Wideman if the contracts were a wash.  They arent so I would take Corvo.  Corvo is prone to the bad plays similar to Wideman.  Corvo's gift is skating and playing the PP. 
    In Widemans defense I have watched a lot of Capitals games this year.  Most nights he is very good for them.  He is being relied upon a lot b/c of the Green injury. 
    I mean even James Wiz bopped around from team to team for a while before he found a home. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Overall he's played better than I thought he'd be. Some of his risky passes do drive me crazy. But I'll take him over Kaberle. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

Get rid of him. I'd like to see Kampfer instead of Corvo. At least, he will learn to play at the NHL level. He won't make more mistake than Corvo. He has a good shot too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

This is all you will ever need to see with regard to Wideman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMdX_A2iLuM

Fin.

Sections
Shortcuts