could cam neely step behind the bench

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

could cam neely step behind the bench

the habs did something similar, why can't the Bs.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

Re: could cam neely step behind the bench

I posted a similar comment a couple of days ago...If something were to happen, I think it makes the most sense...I still think it is unlikely, but you never know.
    Cheers!
    Doc

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Why would Cam step behind the bench?  Their are several experienced Coach out there that would do a better job.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: could cam neely step behind the bench:
    [QUOTE]Why would Cam step behind the bench?  Their are several experienced Coach out there that would do a better job.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

I don't think Cam has ever coached before, but I would think before he took the job as president any chance of him being coach must have been ruled out, no?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Actually, I think it would be an excellent choice. Whoever takes over would have to be someone who commands respect from everyone in the room immediately, and scares em a little. Although I don't think he would want to become a coach.

Terry O'Reilly or Mike Keenan would do perfectly

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: could cam neely step behind the bench:
    [QUOTE]Actually, I think it would be an excellent choice. Whoever takes over would have to be someone who commands respect from everyone in the room immediately, and scares em a little. Although I don't think he would want to become a coach.   Terry O'Reilly or Mike Keenan would do perfectly
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,the Bruins could help Keenan get the record for being fired more than any coach in NHL history.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

No way for Keenan.  Love O'Reilly, but am pretty sure he wouldn't want it at this point.  If it's going to be a former Bruins, Bourque's the guy I'd like to see.  With the right assistant(s) (NOT including his buddy Kasper), he'd be fine.  Otherwise, Scott Gordon just makes too much sense. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

If Julien is let go, they will go after an experienced head coach. It won't be Neely or Bourque. Personally, I like to see them go after Bob Hartley. He'd light a fire under this team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

There would be no difference in watching a Jurassic Park movie and seeing Keenan behind an NHL bench again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hartley cannot coach.  He's awful.  His Cup success in Colorado should be considered in light of the superior talent the team possessed at the time - and the question should be why they didn't win more often.  Terrible choice.  Great junior-level screamer and schemer, but this team needs more than just a guy to light a fire or you'll be forever twisting back and forth between lighting a fire on one hand and rebuilding a structured approach on the other. This isn't the Sakic, Forsberg, Roy, Blake, et. al. Avs.  Hartley showed his considerable limitations in Atlanta.

Keenan's done.  He's a joke.  Not that I think he's a joke - I mean his head games mean nothing now because players see him as a joke.  No more retreads, thanks.  Let's find a guy who has a plan and can make the players a) understand how that plan will get them to the Cup, and b) play with some aggression.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Sure, as long as his knee holds up! Just kiddin' !

Why not change something, this team is heading for the same ending as the last 2 years. Game 7 losses!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Good players do not necessarily make good coaches. I have no idea how some of you are concluding that people who have never coached (Bourque, Neely) will step in and be able to lead. You must think that the coach is purely some respected figurehead or that being good at the game means you're good at teaching the game...that's not how it works.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Whomever they do go with eventually it should be someone with coaching experience and I have to agree with "Why would Cam want to ?" I can't think of any reasons at all as I think Neely is happy where he is consulting Jacobs.

What Cam really should do is sit down with Julien and tell him what he is seeing that he doesn't like if he hasn't already.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

No. Neely will never stop cursing on the bench, slap his players upside the head and eventually want to be on the ice himself. 

Wish we had him on the ice. Once of the better scorers in the league

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

As entertaining as it would be to see Cam fired up behind the bench? No. Personally I disagree with BB & would like to see Hartley. Yes, I know he had a great team, but there's been a lot of great teams that didn't win it. ala 71' Bruins. He still directed his team to a championship & was able to keep things in perspective. As I have said before I played hockey & went to school from elementry to high school with Matthew Sokolowski who is the head trainer of the Avalanche. He said in 01' that the pressure for that team to WIN IT FOR RAY was overwhelming at times. He said everyone pretty much knew that win or lose it was Ray's last season. He said Hartley is the one that kept things at an even keel, & kept them focused thru out the whole season. It was Hartley who kept the team from getting to high & too low! Matty said he was a great coach & motivator. Sorry BB I have the utmost respect for you. You clearly are one of the most respected & knowledgable posters on this site & it's deserved. However, I'm afraid I have to take the word of a guy who's been involved in professional hockey since 1991; the NHL since 1994, has two Stanley Cup rings & has seen all differents types of coaches & styles up close & personal over yours. No disrepect.

Sections
Shortcuts