Could Lucic get 40

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Could Lucic get 40

In Response to Re: Could Lucic get 40:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lucic get 40 : OK, I'll take credit for being the first one to hit you with it... My advice now is not to react to it at all, that should tone things down. I kinda regret it now, mainly because NAS is enjoying it far too much. That's NAS's biggest weakness, the humor aspect.  he needs to work on that. a) needs to develop a better sense of humor b) needs to be funny intentionally . In the meantime, intuitively it just 'feels' to me like this will be a career hight for Lucic. Emotionally I hope that he will be a 35+ scorer every year, but I realilze that's too much to hope for.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I was trying to work on the humor aspect last night.  Me and the lady were out at a restaurant and I was watching a show about comedy.  Would you believe that right when it got to the good part, some waiters held a table up in front of me to block my view?  I missed a key part.  Amazing!

On topic:  Lucic has his whole career ahead of him.  With quality teammates, he could be a 35-40 goal guy with some consistency.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No reason to think that a player as young as Lucic would be peaking in terms of scoring right now.  I think that he is having a very good, injury free season, but I also think he could do it again, as long as he continues to have good players around him.

Now the last thing I want to do is take sides in any of these arguments, but I remember posting in a thread where the OP was asking if it was offsides to skate backwards into the zone while carry the puck.  The discussion was about whether that is offsides (where your skates come across the line ahead of the puck, but you are carrying the puck yourself).  Wasn't that the same thread that then devolved into the 30-whatever penalty minutes discussion?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Yes Fletch that is correct about what created the 32 minutes. I think PB has far too much to say & has loose lips. He tries to embarrass people & make himself sound better then others. I think it's only fitting he goes thru some embarrassment himself. Maybe he'll see how it feels. If he can provide the the info I've asked for & if I can find out what he said is true? You know I won't have a problem of apologizing to him. I work with punk kids at work & maybe a part of me is taking this out on him, but he acts like a punk that has no respect for anybody! He thinks his dung doesn't stink. I think it does has his story does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Looch could do it. He is absolutely the closest thing to Neely I've witnessed. Same lumbering, powerful skating style, same accuracy, but even better natural passing ability. The kid is for real, and is great in traffic. Hope he has a long, injury free career here, and is a Bruins lifer. He's the real deal, and the future captain.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lucic get 40 : and it is. i know you have nothing better to do with your day and i know you love going to dig up old posts, so go find it. it had nothing to do with off sides, either you or nitemare made that up (and don't you have some problem with someone making something up, its tough to remember because you don't bring it up too often) then you could probably spend 5 minutes and look it up.
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Re: Argument I'm having regarding offsides, posted at 7/16/2010 1:50 PM EDT:
    don't try that in your mens league though, i did that in a junior B game a million years ago, the ref called it off sides, and i wound up getting 32 minutes in penalties for screaming at him for not knowing the rules
    Posted by pbergeron37

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9528Discussion%3a8a53a5d5-b00b-4ab0-924f-c8a2a5fcb653

Sorry pbergeron, not trying to stick it to you -- I had bookmarked this post because it was about a rule that I was not aware of (and I thought I knew all the rules).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lucic get 40 : you have not embarrassed me in the slightest. I know I'm right so I really don't care too much what you think. I actually kind of think that you embarrass yourself seeing as how the only two things you seem capable of talking about is how i refuse to admit i was wrong about thomas (which i have like 500 times) or this "joke," move on buddy
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]
    I know I haven't embarrassed you....You're taking care of that yourself. Why won't you provide the info I asked you? If it's true there shouldn't be a problem right? To prove one's creditibility isn't a "joke"! I'm sure there's lots of people on here who would love to know how someone got 32min on one play for arguing with a ref?
    I won't be asking again for the info. Is the delay because you're trying to find something out there where it might've happened? Just think PB! You prove me wrong & get a HUGE apology & get to embarrass me! This has NOTHING to do with TT & your opinion. Your creditibilty on goaltending has already been proven. This is to make you see when you push too many buttons you get someone on your case that you regret!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

13 goals in 19 games? Doubtful.

Next year? Much more likely.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]13 goals in 19 games? Doubtful. Next year? Much more likely.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Agreed, it would be pretty shocking if he pulled that off, but I hope to see that Lucic-Krejci-Horton together again next year, and the sky is the limit if they can stay healthy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lucic get 40 : Agreed, it would be pretty shocking if he pulled that off, but I hope to see that Lucic-Krejci-Horton together again next year, and the sky is the limit if they can stay healthy.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I agree with you agreeing...lol!!

I will take 30 this year, however, without complaint. Just remember how much the game has changed since Neely got his first 50. It is likely if Lucic were playing then he might get 50 as well, so comparing the two seems to be more relaistic this year then perhaps it was the year previous....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

What would be even better than Lucic getting 40 goals, would be Lucic and Horton both getting 30.  That could be a dominant line for years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Could Lucic get 40 : He still could. I think he would have definately reached that total if they kept him with Krejci earlier in the year rather then try to accomadate Savard. THat was a mistake by Julien trying to cater to Savard.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Was it really to help accommodate Savvy, or was it to help Savvy? It's no secret I'm not a CJ fan, but as coach would you not want to get one of your better offensively gifted forwards going ASAP? Putting him with the 2 best goal scorers on the team had to be tried no? I'm not arguing with what you're saying newf, but I think anyone in CJ's position would've tried the same thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lucic get 40 : Was it really to help accommodate Savvy, or was it to help Savvy? It's no secret I'm not a CJ fan, but as coach would you not want to get one of your better offensively gifted forwards going ASAP? Putting him with the 2 best goal scorers on the team had to be tried no? I'm not arguing with what you're saying newf, but I think anyone in CJ's position would've tried the same thing.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.  Savvy was the best offensive player on the team 3 years running when he went down.  You had to put him back in the top spot when he comes back and give him a chance to recapture his magic.  We know now he has probably lost a step, but we didn't know that then.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lucic get 40 : Totally agree.  Savvy was the best offensive player on the team 3 years running when he went down.  You had to put him back in the top spot when he comes back and give him a chance to recapture his magic.  We know now he has probably lost a step, but we didn't know that then.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

You mean "aritificially" lost a step thanks to Cooke. Still makes me angry....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lucic get 40 : You mean "aritificially" lost a step thanks to Cooke. Still makes me angry....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

And to think it was another player from Pitts to boot! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not a Penquin who also gave Orr his last shot that finally was the end of him? If that is true that's 3 huge Boston Bruins players that had their career ended from a player from this franchise!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lucic get 40 : And to think it was another player from Pitts to boot! Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but was it not a Penquin who also gave Orr his last shot that finally was the end of him? If that is true that's 3 huge Boston Bruins players that had their career ended from a player from this franchise!
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

I am not sure about the Orr thing. I will look it up. If true, that is very interesting....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Lucic get 40 : I am not sure about the Orr thing. I will look it up. If true, that is very interesting....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Yea, it may have been Dallas Smith that I heard him in an interview that said it was a Pen. Dennis Hextall maybe was the hitter.

Sections
Shortcuts