Could OUR National Anthem have been sung any faster...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Could the National Anthem have been sung any faster...

In Response to Re: Could the National Anthem have been sung any faster...:
    I agree.  And if they don't sing ours, I'm fine with that.  Isn't one national anthem enough to sit through?
    Posted by mattc355

Yeah Matt, I'm not a big fan of the anthems(outside of the Olympics).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Re: Could the National Anthem have been sung any faster...

That was even obvious to my 11 year old. I would rather nothing than bum rushed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: Could OUR National Anthem have been sung any faster...

That was total crap. I was sitting watching it with my Dad and I was like "Gee, way to take your time on it a**hole." Of course, I added a nice little Canadian comment (even though I'm Canadian lol). "O Canada we stand on guard for thee" No you don't, the US does but that's ok!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

Is this really an issue? At least the Canuck fans did`nt boo. I`m just as patriotic as any true American but this drops to the level of nitpicking and whining like a Canadian fan.
       Let`s just concentrate on the games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsnut4. Show sportsnut4's posts

Uh, I'm a Bruins fan and all and I know Rene Recourt is a staple at the Bruins games and I know he is 70 and beloved and all, but I'm sorry, he is terrible.  He can't hit the low or high notes and his voice wavers all over the place.  He is energetic and loves the B's, but come on, is Jim Vale/Jim Neighbors not available?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

In Response to Re: Could OUR National Anthem have been sung any faster...:
    Uh, I'm a Bruins fan and all and I know Rene Recourt is a staple at the Bruins games and I know he is 70 and beloved and all, but I'm sorry, he is terrible.  He can't hit the low or high notes and his voice wavers all over the place.  He is energetic and loves the B's, but come on, is Jim Vale/Jim Neighbors not available?
    Posted by sportsnut4

==========================================================
      I know where you`re coming from.As much as I appreciated <sic /> him at Fenway on Saturday,he`s past his prime and all he does is that constant note holding reverb thing he does.Then his stupid fist pump thing is so self serving it made me want to barf in my mouth.
      But hey,if we win the cup,I could stand it for 3 more games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

If its not anthems its crying over who is broadcasting the games lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Posted by LUCICmilan17

exactly my thoughts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

They sing it that way at every game in Vancouver.  Its not like they did it differently.  Its consistently terrible.  Honestly, there are only a few "good" singers doing anthems on a nightly basis around the NHL by todays standards.  Rene is a great singer.....for his time.  But his style isnt current so lots of people think he is horrible.  Watch "The Wizard of Oz" sometime:  All the men sing like him.  Anyway....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

They sing it that way at every game in Vancouver.  Its not like they did it differently.  Its consistently terrible.  Honestly, there are only a few "good" singers doing anthems on a nightly basis around the NHL by todays standards.  Rene is a great singer.....for his time.  But his style isnt current so lots of people think he is horrible.  Watch "The Wizard of Oz" sometime:  All the men sing like him.  Anyway....
    Posted by bigvig

=============================================================
      LOL Very good point.Maybe they should resurect the "lollipop guild" lol,j/k.
        We should have someone from our armed services sing our anthem.
              Just my opinion. God Bless our troops.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

we need that guy to sing who opened the year for the bruins..the guy from american idol...steven somebody..

he can ROCK the Joint...Bruins came out PUMPED and FLYING that game..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I think two days between games is too much dead time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I think two days between games is too much dead time.
    Posted by 49-North

Yep, when people start discussing which American Idol contestant they want to see do the anthems..........way too much down time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Could OUR National Anthem have been sung any faster... : Maybe I am just biased by the World series, NBA Finals, Superbowl... (s).. II would hope and think that opening night of a major sport final would be different, and respected in these times of discourse, then again, that's just me.
    Posted by readsocks

Yes, the Superbowl!  The Canucks should have flown in Christina Aguilera.  She could have forgotten the words to both songs!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Posted by LUCICmilan17

Couldnt have said it better.  Poor us.  Everyone is picking on us.  Outside of the actual game.  I could care less.  Lets make it a political debate now over US and Canadian involvement in world problems.

I did think they sang it pretty quick.  But who cares.  when the US does their version they ham it up as well. 

But really, who cares. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

@sportsnut4 @djbosox2004

IT's called a vibrato. And he does use that alot, usually too much. But he's been really good, but this year he's just lost it. You can tell he's on his way out though, they used alot of different people for the anthems during the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from khilborn. Show khilborn's posts

I can sum this up very easily...

99% of the time when the Canadian anthem is song in the States, it's terrible
    99% of the time when the American anthem is song in Canada, it's terrible

The home country want's their home crowd pumped from the anthem and puts more into the home anthem - simply enough!!

BTW - STOP BITCHIN ABOUT CRAP - IT'S LIKE WE ARE ON A HABS SITE!!!

GO BRUINS!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I watched it. I'm a Canadian. And I thought it was fast. But not offensive. And there was a smattering of cheering for the US of A as well. No boo's none.
    PS: that's one tough song to sing well.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Are you sure that you have nothing more important to do ?

Really ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Posted by sportsnut4

Agreed -- Every time I hear this guy attempt the anthem -- I wish he sang it as fast as that 2 ton ice breaker from Vancouver.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadien175. Show Canadien175's posts

In Response to Could OUR National Anthem have been sung any faster...:
    or with less enthusiasm? I am so tired of our northern "friends" degrading our national anthem!  They boo it, they taunt, and now sing it with the speed of an eminem rap song with the enthusiasm of Steven Wright! I say we don't sing their anthem at all! Maybe .. Obama should be calling their prime minister or whatever they call themselves up there in that gutless, thankless region! This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs for GD sakes first game with a HUGE audience and they bum rushed the anthem like that!!! Sickening!!,  and I am surprised there  hasn't been more flack for it...
    Posted by readsocks

OK, I said it once before, but at one of the games in Montreal, thier Symphony Orchestra played your anthem. I never realized how beautiful it is!
    But when I hear it sung, its like everyone is waiting to see if the singer can hit that one note, on glare I think. Then they cheer if they do.
    And the singers are the same way. Here it comes, I`m almost there, oh, I nailed it!!! Then they be happy, like they passed the test. Too often, no passion for the anthem, just a showcase, patriotic caricature.

Ain't there one damn song that can make me
    Break down and cry?

Might as well bring back Roseanna.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I can sum this up very easily... 99% of the time when the Canadian anthem is song in the States, it's terrible 99% of the time when the American anthem is song in Canada, it's terrible The home country want's their home crowd pumped from the anthem and puts more into the home anthem - simply enough!! BTW - STOP BITCHIN ABOUT CRAP - IT'S LIKE WE ARE ON A HABS SITE!!! GO BRUINS!!!
    Posted by khilborn

Yep.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

Why were their 2 different singers? Was the guy who sang the canadian anthem finishing up his 43rd order of cheeseburgers and poutine?

Sections
Shortcuts