Could OUR National Anthem have been sung any faster...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Re: Could OUR National Anthem have been sung any faster...

IWho cares this is not about your stupid anthem
    war promoting, bobbs burting ect...n Response to Could OUR National Anthem have been sung any faster...:
    or with less enthusiasm? I am so tired of our northern "friends" degrading our national anthem!  They boo it, they taunt, and now sing it with the speed of an eminem rap song with the enthusiasm of Steven Wright! I say we don't sing their anthem at all! Maybe .. Obama should be calling their prime minister or whatever they call themselves up there in that gutless, thankless region! This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs for GD sakes first game with a HUGE audience and they bum rushed the anthem like that!!! Sickening!!,  and I am surprised there  hasn't been more flack for it...
    Posted by readsocks

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Could OUR National Anthem have been sung any faster...:
    Why were their 2 different singers? Was the guy who sang the canadian anthem finishing up his 43rd order of cheeseburgers and poutine?
    Posted by RechsimusMaximus

Since you obviously dont watch a lot of hockey.  Van has the same guy sing OC everytime.  He has been there a while. 
    Can't even believe this is a thread.  Wow.

Maybe Van fans should have complained in Chicago.  That place is crazy during the USA NA.  Which I think is absolutely awesome.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I can sum this up very easily... 99% of the time when the Canadian anthem is song in the States, it's terrible 99% of the time when the American anthem is song in Canada, it's terrible The home country want's their home crowd pumped from the anthem and puts more into the home anthem - simply enough!! BTW - STOP BITCHIN ABOUT CRAP - IT'S LIKE WE ARE ON A HABS SITE!!! GO BRUINS!!!
    Posted by khilborn

I fully disagree.

O Canada is a simple song.  I can't think of a time it's been sung poorly.

I also thought the guy in Vancouver was a joke, a plant, someone to get the job done, but do it quickly, and intentionally poorly.

There is nothing wrong with us talking about it here, Mr. 14 Posts.  Of course, our seats are wide and comfortable.  How are the seats on the bandwagon?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from khilborn. Show khilborn's posts

In Response to Re: Could OUR National Anthem have been sung any faster... : I fully disagree. O Canada is a simple song.  I can't think of a time it's been sung poorly. I also thought the guy in Vancouver was a joke, a plant, someone to get the job done, but do it quickly, and intentionally poorly. There is nothing wrong with us talking about it here, Mr. 14 Posts.  Of course, our seats are wide and comfortable.  How are the seats on the bandwagon?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

BANDWAGON - ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?

A fan's loyalty is determined by the number of posts on this damn site!?!?

I have been a die hard Bruins fan for over 30 years skid mark - PUCK OFF!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruin1972. Show Bruin1972's posts

In Response to Could OUR National Anthem have been sung any faster...:
    or with less enthusiasm? I am so tired of our northern "friends" degrading our national anthem!  They boo it, they taunt, and now sing it with the speed of an eminem rap song with the enthusiasm of Steven Wright! I say we don't sing their anthem at all! Maybe .. Obama should be calling their prime minister or whatever they call themselves up there in that gutless, thankless region! This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs for GD sakes first game with a HUGE audience and they bum rushed the anthem like that!!! Sickening!!,  and I am surprised there  hasn't been more flack for it...
    Posted by readsocks

Yes, and any American with an ounce of you know what, would be livid.
    What about the US media....., any balls there?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Could OUR National Anthem have been sung any faster... :  A fan's loyalty is determined by the number of posts on this damn site!?!?
    Posted by khilborn

Yes.  It is a scientific formula.  If you have less than 20 posts and suddenly start yapping during the Cup Final, you are on the bandwagon.

Enjoy the ride!  There isn't much room left, however.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Here's a solution. 
    Stop singing these things. This is Pro Sports. Not Olympics.
    It's Boston vs Vancouver, not Canada vs USA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Posted by readsocks
    Maybe the NHL should bring back the young women who forgot the words of the Canadian anthem, (I believe it was last year) and was so embarrassed she walked of the ice without finishing it. Up here (Canada) we just felt sorry for her.

Or maybe bring in Rossaene Barr to sing it.... Now that would be good for a laugh.... Classless, but still kinda funny if you let it be.

Certainly you can come up with something better to whine about than this!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I said the same exact thing the first game. I'd much rather have our National Anthem skipped than to listen to it being rapped in 15 seconds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

At least Vancouver fans are like the Classless Habs fans and boo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

or with less enthusiasm? I am so tired of our northern "friends" degrading our national anthem!  They boo it, they taunt, and now sing it with the speed of an eminem rap song with the enthusiasm of Steven Wright!

Thanks for posting this!  I wanted to post this but thought I was alone in thinking this about the US national anthem.  I agree with your above sentiment on game one and it appeared in game two that they slowed down the pace, perhaps a measure?? (maybe not). 

Regardless, the Canadian act is getting old when it comes to them playing American hockey teams.  From their over-bloated sense of entitlement from their press and fans; their dismissive performance of the US national athem (including the most disrespectul of booing); the CBC idiots; and whatever drama their teams conjures up - diving, flopping, biting - just name it.  Any shallow victory for them will do.

I'm proud of our Bruins and the way they play their game.  They're not taking the ludicrous bait of head games, and I believe our guys will be victorious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mathunat. Show mathunat's posts

There is a great video on YouTube showing Boston fans cheering the Canadian National Anthem because (as Don Cherry says) 'Boston fans have ...class'. Go Bruins, have class.....we should sing our national anthem as well as Vancouver fans sing theirs

Sections
Shortcuts