Could Ryane Clowe be plan C?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Could Ryane Clowe be plan C?

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

Iginla "might" have had the B'S on his accepted-destination list on trade deadline but he won't be giving the B'S any discount come Friday....

sure that at least one gm is willing to pay Iginla for what he was able to deliver in the past although he can't anymore....  in other words, overpay....

i hope PC isn't one of them....   

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

Iggy will only go to a contender in my eyes.  Of those contenders how many teams have cap room, of those how many need a top 6.   I see iggy going to montreal.   Possibly detroit.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"If peverly is our 2nd line winger we are in trouble"

Or 3rd

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Interesting thoughts Shupe. My thinking is that PC is trying to get a vet for relatively cheap money but will ultimately end up with something like this come sept:

Luc/DK/seguin

March/bergie/Pev

Sods/kelly/P-Bruin

Paille/campy/st

I fail to see PC buying anyone out, especially considering he said he wasn't, plus JJ would probably go ballistic. Also, his laying down the law to Segs was to me an acceptance that Tyler was now going to be on the first line as there really is no other viable option.

Come trade deadline he may try to snag a rental but that will be about it. Not exciting but realistic.

i refuse to believe that PC will allow the B'S to start next season with Peverley as a top-sixer....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Or 3rd

Yup. I agree san.  Also agree with your desire to upgrade 3rd line.  need speed on that line.   Id like talbot from philly if they are dumping contracts.   His 1.75 is ideal for the game he brings.  Pitt hasnt been the same since he left.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Iginla "might" have had the B'S on his accepted-destination list on trade deadline but he won't be giving the B'S any discount come Friday....

sure that at least one gm is willing to pay Iginla for what he was able to deliver in the past although he can't anymore....  in other words, overpay....

i hope PC isn't one of them....   

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

Iggy will only go to a contender in my eyes.  Of those contenders how many teams have cap room, of those how many need a top 6.   I see iggy going to montreal.   Possibly detroit.  

[/QUOTE]

i say he stays in the west, maybe LA....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The fact pc has stated they will use savards ltir,

PC needs Savard's money to sign Rask so of course they are going to use it. Besides, I did not say this lineup was ideal, just what I think is going to happen...lol.

Any Pandolfo-types out there by the way? I kid, I kid...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i think jm is being a bit pessimistic about this. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The fact pc has stated they will use savards ltir,

PC needs Savard's money to sign Rask so of course they are going to use it. Besides, I did not say this lineup was ideal, just what I think is going to happen...lol.

Any Pandolfo-types out there by the way? I kid, I kid...

What do you think rask is getting?   Lets just say 6.  Savards contract gives us a little under 4.  Take away peverly or kelly and you have 7 million.  So sign iggy or briere for 4+.  leaves you with spare change for a cheap goalie and maybe a max talbot.  

If iggy or briere is too much money trade for glencross.  im with san.  Peverly anywhere in our top 6 huge fail. 3rd line?  dont want him there.  Hope hes dealt.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

can talbot play RW?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

can talbot play RW?

im guessing yes.  Lots of guys play the off wing.  we wanted vinny for that role.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

What do you think rask is getting?   Lets just say 6.  Savards contract gives us a little under 4.  Take away peverly or kelly and you have 7 million.  So sign iggy or briere for 4+.  leaves you with spare change for a cheap goalie and maybe a max talbot.  

If iggy or briere is too much money trade for glencross.  im with san.  Peverly anywhere in our top 6 huge fail. 3rd line?  dont want him there.  Hope hes dealt.  

Rask at $6 million is already over the cap. Savard's cash will be enough (just) for signing a backup goalie, paying a P-Bruin forward, and some cap room for the season.

The only way PC gets anything else is, as you say, by moving Kelly and/or Peverley and I don't believe he will do that unless there is a homerun out their for him which is always a long-shot. Buying out Peverley or Kelly will not get you a good quality top 6 free agent for September.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

so you don't think that you can find better value than peverley (assuming he's moved out) in the 4-4.5 million range? i think that's insanity. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Rask at $6 million is already over the cap. Savard's cash will be enough (just) for signing a backup goalie, paying a P-Bruin forward, and some cap room for the season.

The only way PC gets anything else is, as you say, by moving Kelly and/or Peverley and I don't believe he will do that unless there is a homerun out their for him which is always a long-shot. Buying out Peverley or Kelly will not get you a good quality top 6 free agent for September.

[/QUOTE]

Thats my beef with giving rask 6 next year.  Give him 5 with increase the following year.  If its a 6yr deal or more the money will balance out.  

There are lots of guys on other teams under or around 3 million that could crack our top 6.  Glencross was an example.   Setaguchi is available for 3m and  would be a shot of speed skill for bergie marchand.  

A backup is under a million.  Holtby makes 1.5 as a starter.  

talbot is 1.75.  A p-bruin will be under a million.  

Bruins easily should have a backuo tender and a 3rd liner for 2 million.   Leaving about 4+ for the 2nd line winger.  

PC has to get creative.   I could live with a setaguchi for 2nd line, talbot for 3rd and a cheap backup.  Thats 3m + 1.75m + 800k = 5.5m.  + rask.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thats my beef with giving rask 6 next year.  Give him 5 with increase the following year.  If its a 6yr deal or more the money will balance out.  

There are lots of guys on other teams under or around 3 million that could crack our top 6.  Glencross was an example.   Setaguchi is available for 3m and  would be a shot of speed skill for bergie marchand.  

A backup is under a million.  Holtby makes 1.5 as a starter.  

talbot is 1.75.  A p-bruin will be under a million.  

Bruins easily should have a backuo tender and a 3rd liner for 2 million.   Leaving about 4+ for the 2nd line winger.  

PC has to get creative.   I could live with a setaguchi for 2nd line, talbot for 3rd and a cheap backup.  Thats 3m + 1.75m + 800k = 5.5m.  + rask.   

This we can agree on....for sure. It is a major challenge for him and it will be interesting to see what he does. Point of note, you are suggesting trades (Talbot, Setagouchi) which, of course, are subject to the other party agreeing to trade as well.

Remember, Bergeron needs a new contract next season as well.....I am presuming he will get a raise.

Also, I thik we may have to live with the thought of Rask getting at least $6 million.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

so you don't think that you can find better value than peverley (assuming he's moved out) in the 4-4.5 million range? i think that's insanity. 

Where is Peverley going?

PC said he was not going to buy anyone out and he is not exactly a hot commodity on the market right now. We have to presume the cap room the team has right now is what it is.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Or 3rd

If he is on the 2nd line it is a disaster. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Alfredsson will technically be a free agent. Major man crush for me there. Made 4.5 last year. Imagine him on the Bergeron line. Crazy awesome.

Love to see it happen , PC knows him well, and looks like Ottawa is not that thrilled and in a hurry to sign him.....This guy has two good years left in him , I believe, and is so smart a hockey player... Would help out our anemic Powerplay....Better option than some others on here who pine for Iginla, who in my opinion has been finished for a few years... Didn't do squat with a high powered offence in Pittsburgh, don't know why he would succeed here.... We NEED scoring ... Clowe won't cut it.......God go get Pascall Dupuis, Briere, and the like.... Guys that can score... Need cap room? Bye Bye Peverly, Kelly, Thorton, Boychuck , Seidenberg etc..... Time for PC to retool a bit...

1st line: Lucic , Krejci , Seguin

2nd line : Marchand , Bergy, Alfredsson

3rd line. : Paille, Briere, Soderberg

4th line  :  Caron,  Campbell, Maxim Talbot :)

Your 2013-2014 Boston Bruins.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Out of curiousity what is the holdup in the Alfredsson deal? I thought Ottawa wanted him back, does he want a 2 yr deal instead of 1. Too much money, or what?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

[QUOTE]

Alfredsson will technically be a free agent. Major man crush for me there. Made 4.5 last year. Imagine him on the Bergeron line. Crazy awesome.

Love to see it happen , PC knows him well, and looks like Ottawa is not that thrilled and in a hurry to sign him.....This guy has two good years left in him , I believe, and is so smart a hockey player... Would help out our anemic Powerplay....Better option than some others on here who pine for Iginla, who in my opinion has been finished for a few years... Didn't do squat with a high powered offence in Pittsburgh, don't know why he would succeed here.... We NEED scoring ... Clowe won't cut it.......God go get Pascall Dupuis, Briere, and the like.... Guys that can score... Need cap room? Bye Bye Peverly, Kelly, Thorton, Boychuck , Seidenberg etc..... Time for PC to retool a bit...

4th line  :  Caron,  Campbell, Matt Cooke ( yes , B's fans would come to love this guy)

[/QUOTE]

If you dont edit the matt cooke name i may never speak with you again.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Out of curiousity what is the holdup in the Alfredsson deal? I thought Ottawa wanted him back, does he want a 2 yr deal instead of 1. Too much money, or what?

Ottawa has cap space.  If im guessing alfie wants a one year deal worth more then hes worth.  even with alfie returning they need a top 4 dman and a top 6 fwd.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

the thought makes me salivate, but thought he was leaning retirement.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Onthe405. Show Onthe405's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

4th line  :  Caron,  Campbell, Matt Cooke ( yes , B's fans would come to love this guy)

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i think you would have a lot of people joining you in that sentiment. never want to see that clown's name on a bruins jersey.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Probably a bit of both would be my guess. Still early, he will probably sign soon. Its not as if the Sens don't have the cap space....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Paul Holmgren, is that you?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL... I knew that would get a rise out of you especially...so you would not take him over ST:) WOW!!!!

The guy has cleaned up his act, good on PK, has good speed , great on the forecheck, and can pop a few now and then..it won't happen , but it makes sense...ok , insert Talbot there? Better:) I like him too... Just not much of an agitator.....

Sections
Shortcuts