Could Ryane Clowe be plan C?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Could Ryane Clowe be plan C?

...or plan D. Whatever Chiarelli is upto now.

The Rangers don't have cap space for him, but he should be a reasonable cap hit, coming off a bad year.

He did manage 3 goals and 5 assists, in the 12 games he played for the Rangers, so he did finish on a decent note.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Could Ryane Clowe be plan C?

He could be on a line with Pevs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

3 goals in 12 games is a different note but not a good one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I wouldnt mind him, i like his game.  But i think he will end up getting more money than he deserves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If the money is right. The third line needs som new, veteran life.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

San- time for Paille to be that 3rd-line LW?  2 more years @ $1.3M per is a nice low-cost option.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Dunno  who takes over RW for horton ? and Jagr gone does seguin move back up to 2nd line, i am sure if soderberg takes over center at 3rd line, This team simply has too many centers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

San- time for Paille to be that 3rd-line LW?  2 more years @ $1.3M per is a nice low-cost option.[/QUOTE]

He's earned it but at times in the past he hasn't stayed consistent after being promoted. I see visions of a big, hard-to-play-against left wing in the playoffs. The Hawks bottom 6 forwards were pretty hard to play against in the finals.

Not a bad option though. Huge fan of Pie-Yahs!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Hes gonna get bickell money.  Not sure if we have 4 million to spare.  

I can live with seguin taking hortons spot on that line.  I think clowe with brad and bergie would be pretty sweet as well.  I like clowe a lot.  I would rather add speed.  I would like briere over clowe if the money is similar.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]If the money is right. The third line needs som new, veteran life.

San- time for Paille to be that 3rd-line LW?  2 more years @ $1.3M per is a nice low-cost option.[/QUOTE]

He's earned it but at times in the past he hasn't stayed consistent after being promoted. I see visions of a big, hard-to-play-against left wing in the playoffs. The Hawks bottom 6 forwards were pretty hard to play against in the finals.

[/QUOTE]

I think paille deserves it as well.  Im all for giving caron a legit look next year on that forth line. 

soder/paille/peverly is a pretty good 3rd line.   I think kelly holds the most value in a trade.  Centers who are solid in their own end, can kill pens, score a little with speed and can win draws hold value.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

San- time for Paille to be that 3rd-line LW?  2 more years @ $1.3M per is a nice low-cost option.

[/QUOTE]

Revamped 3rd-line with Paille & Campbell as the foundation would suit me just fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

I wouldnt mind him, i like his game.  But i think he will end up getting more money than he deserves.

As will every other free agent. Its just something a team will have to live with to sign a player they want. Competition drives the price up and gross overpayment is the result.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I like Clowes gm but someone will overpay him. He's not a 1st or 2nd line player but I'm sure some GM will pay him like one.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I can live with seguin taking hortons spot on that line.  I think clowe with brad and bergie would be pretty sweet as well.  I like clowe a lot.  I would rather add speed.  I would like briere over clowe if the money is similar.  

That's my preference as well, shupe.

That leaves a lineup of:

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin

Marchand - Bergeron - Briere (I think Briere can be had for reasonable money after his sub-par year.  3-3.5?)

Paille - Soda - Pev

Thornton - Campbell - Caron

Buyout for Kelly?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

That leaves a lineup of:

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin

Marchand - Bergeron - Briere (I think Briere can be had for reasonable money after his sub-par year.  3-3.5?)

Paille - Soda - Pev

Thornton - Kelly - Caron

That's assuming no buy-outs but overall, I like those 4 lines.

[/QUOTE]

No campbell?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That leaves a lineup of:

Lucic - Krejci - Seguin

Paille - Soda - Pev

Thornton - Kelly - Caron

That's assuming no buy-outs but overall, I like those 4 lines.

[/QUOTE]

No campbell?

[/QUOTE]

Revised it, Davey.  I'm ashamed I forgot Soupy.  I'm giving myself a timeout.

Will he be back in time for the start of the season?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I would hope so. IF The B's got Briere, which i wouldnt mind, id like to see the lines as follows

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin

Marchand-Bergeron-Briere

Kelly-Soderburg-Pev

Paille-Camp-Thornton

As much as its great that everyone is bumping paille up a line, I think he should stay on the 4th line.  That lines is as consistent as it gets for the Bruins.  If it aint broke...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

I would hope so. IF The B's got Briere, which i wouldnt mind, id like to see the lines as follows

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin

Marchand-Bergeron-Briere

Kelly-Soderburg-Pev

Paille-Camp-Thornton

As much as its great that everyone is bumping paille up a line, I think he should stay on the 4th line.  That lines is as consistent as it gets for the Bruins.  If it aint broke...

I agree, but that all depends on the price tag if we get a guy like Briere.  The Bruins may very well have to buy-out one of Kelly or Pev and promote a younger and cheaper replacement (Caron).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Defintely would not mind seeing one of the baby b's come up.  But ive lost all hope for Caron, he's young but hes had many chances. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I think the moral of the story is that the Bs have plenty of options to put together Lines 3 and 4. The only real question is how to fit in a #1 or #2 RW. For the longest time, Seguin did just fine on the 2nd.

This isn't news, but reality is Horton needs to be replaced by someone outside the organization and I'm really not seeing how PC does that without moving/buying out someone from the bottom 6.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I think the moral of the story is that the Bs have plenty of options to put together Lines 3 and 4. The only real question is how to fit in a #1 or #2 RW. For the longest time, Seguin did just fine on the 2nd.

This isn't news, but reality is Horton needs to be replaced by someone outside the organization and I'm really not seeing how PC does that without moving/buying out someone from the bottom 6.

Agreed, there is a wealth of options in free agency.  GM's must salivating at some of the names out there right now!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin

Marchand-Bergeron-Briere

Kelly-Soderburg-Pev

Paille-Camp-Thornton

Looks good. But instead of Briere, is there ANY chance of Iginla? Still think he would be a great Bruin and he would work just like Recchi with Marchand and Bergy.

Or get Ryder back to revive Kelly and Pevs?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

[QUOTE]

Lucic-Krejci-Seguin

Marchand-Bergeron-Briere

Kelly-Soderburg-Pev

Paille-Camp-Thornton

Looks good. But instead of Briere, is there ANYchance of Iginla? Still think he would be a great Bruin and he would work just like Recchi with Marchand and Bergy.

Or get Ryder back to revive Kelly and Pevs?

[/QUOTE]

100% on iggy.  I think he wants togo to a contender.  Look at hossa.  Took him three cracks.  Id be all over iggy coming but would play him with bergie marchand.  Seguin should be on the first line.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And the reason i bump paille up is bc he deserves a more adavanced role.  Then bring in hendricks on the cheap to play on the 4th line.   kelly paille soder.  Campy st hendricks.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

PC barely has the cap space to sign Tuukka, if that....

forget Clowe, he's a third liner who someone's going to pay like a top six....  some gms lose all sense of reason around this time every year....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

Sections
Shortcuts