Could someone tell me the status of Brad Marchand contract

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Could someone tell me the status of Brad Marchand contract

do the bruins have the right to match any offer , he is not a complete free agent is he. that is one player i would not let go under any circumstance, do you guys agree.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: Could someone tell me the status of Brad Marchand contract

In Response to Re: Could someone tell me the status of Brad Marchand contract:
    hahah stop dude. hes 22, rfa. so yes they can match til tomorrow
    Posted by Billy-Chapel

they can match until forever (well maybe not until forever)....he doesn't lose his RFA status on July 1st

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Bruins made the necessary qualifying offer to preserve their right of refusal.  The only way they lose him now is someone making a stupid, stupid offer, which Marchand would be even more stupid to decline, and Chiarelli would be the height of stupid to match.

My gut instinct on Marchand is that he will always be a better player in the playoffs than the regular season, and as a regular season player, he may peak in the 20-25 goal, 50 point range.  That means an offer in the $4+M range isn't unreasonable for Boston to match - it's too much for a 50 point guy with only one full season in the books, but that's offset by his ability to be a game-changer in the playoffs.  Gotta reward that.  To pry him away from Boston, though, I think you have to approach Kessel-like numbers - at least $5M.  At $5M, I think he'll be massively overpaid for his regular season, and the pressure of living up to that contract might upset the very delicate equilibrium in his amygdala.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KennyBizz. Show KennyBizz's posts

I’m feeling nauseous about this situation; Chia needs to sign him to that 3 year 12 Mil contract already.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

Bookboy - I agree with you 100% on your analysis of the Marchand contract situation.  I believe he is priority #1 right now in Chiarelli's office.

And your line about Marchy's amygdala made me spit coffee on my keyboard.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If you read todays Fluto entry on the bruins blog you will see the easiest way to remember. If a player is an RFA and isn't offered arbitration or tendered a contract before July 1st that player becomes a UFA which means you're not wanted.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I just want Marchand signed as soon as possible, we need that little rat ! All kidding a side he was a clutch player in the playoffs we can not let get away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Could someone tell me the status of Brad Marchand contract:
    equilibrium in his amygdala.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Nice. I pride myslef on my vocab but I had to look this one up. As soon as I did, my 8th-grade biology teacher popped into my head. He was not pleased. lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I say 3.5 million gets it done.

21 goals isn't lighting the world on fire, it's Wheeler territory, and Burrows scored 30 and signed for around $2million, but the bump up is in recognition of how awesome he was in the playoffs and how important he is going forward. PC has shown he is willing to pay a premium for loyalty (Bergeron, Ference, Chara, Thomas), so I expect sort of the same here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

The status of Marchand's contract is quo.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Originally, I was thinking 3-4 years in a range of $3M per ($2.75M-$3.25M).

After seeing Gerbe's contract (3yrs/$4.3M or $1.43M per year), I am thinking my number might be a little high.

Look at their numbers:
    Gerbe:
    2010-11: 64gp 16-15-31
    Career: 84gp 18-19-37

Marchand:
    2010-11: 77gp 21-20-41
    Career: 94gp 21-21-42

Marchand's playoff performance also has to be factored in, so maybe something closer to a $2M/yr range might be more like it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

marchand ,i give him 10,000,000 over 5 years , take the money an run marchand , nobody else in the league will offer you any morethey were 17 other guys on the team thst helped you

Sections
Shortcuts