Could Tuukka unseat Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Could Tuukka unseat Thomas

If the playoffs start today, Thomas is the man. I love the guy.  But looking at the stats and results, if Rask continues to stop 94.5% of the pucks, a full 1% more than Thomas and a much lower GAA, does he become your go-to guy? Thomas has been great, but Rask even better.  That said, Timmy usually gets the tougher opponents.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas

TT starts , unless he has a total meltdown.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Yes. Not taking away what Thomas did, but for the money right now Rask is playing better and if it continues, why not?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Interesting how this is cyclical a bit 2009 Thomas, 2010 Tuukka, 2011 Thomas now 2012 Tuukka. I trust in both but I also would love to see PC wrap up rask now cause there is no doubt he is the future.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

at the moment Rask is playing better and with more confidence but it isnt time to pass the torch just yet

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Could he? yes.
    Will he? doubtful (this year)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

tuukka is hotter right now and should be splitting the starts. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

Rask should play more often than Thomas, at least they should split the starts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rask has been playing incredible, but Rask has played about half of the games Thomas has.  Give Rask the same amount of games and I'll guess his stats would be similar.  15 starts doesn't mean much.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas:
    Interesting how this is cyclical a bit 2009 Thomas, 2010 Tuukka, 2011 Thomas now 2012 Tuukka. I trust in both but I also would love to see PC wrap up rask now cause there is no doubt he is the future.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Thank you John Ferguson, Jr., right Dawg?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Rask has been playing incredible, but Rask has played about half of the games Thomas has.  Give Rask the same amount of games and I'll guess his stats would be similar.  15 starts doesn't mean much.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Rask has met the league's criteria for games played in order to be recognized for his stats. How many before he meets your criteria?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas : Thank you John Ferguson, Jr., right Dawg? Posted by RichHillOntario

Thievery at it's finest and I'll thank Jeff Gorton if I ever see him in New York RHO...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas : Rask has met the league's criteria for games played in order to be recognized for his stats. How many before he meets your criteria?
    Posted by dezaruchi

It's doubtful he will this season.  I don' t give back up players too much credit for their stats.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I say play the hot hand and see how it plays out. I love Thomas but it is the way the puck rebounds.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas : Thievery at it's finest and I'll thank Jeff Gorton if I ever see him in New York RHO...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

San, I still remmber that afternoon. The Bruins left the draft with Kessel and Rask. It was an excitng day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas : It's doubtful he will this season.  I don' t give back up players too much credit for their stats.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You only needed to see Marchand in 20 games in the 13th forward role to proclaim he was nothing more than a 4th line fringe player. Rask is playing in his 90th game in the last 2-1/2 years (43% of the games) and he's sporting a 2.14 GAA and .929 SP for his career. Those aren't typical back-up numbers.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas : San, I still remmber that afternoon. The Bruins left the draft with Kessel and Rask. It was an excitng day. Posted by dezaruchi

I was bummed the Bs were letting Razor go and I also remember Gorton laughing while talking with Ferguson. Jeff had the biggest smile as he was handing the information to the NHL official to finalize the trade. He'll make a good GM in New York some day not bad for a guy from outside Boston who started out as an assistant in the public relations department.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

How soon everyone forgets EH NAS! What a bunch of turn coats!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

How soon everyone forgets EH NAS! What a bunch of turn coats!
    Posted by nitemare-38

Nite, TT played so well last year that he's going to be starting in the playoffs unless he's injured. Rask has earned himself some more starts though don't you think?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas : Nite, TT played so well last year that he's going to be starting in the playoffs unless he's injured. Rask has earned himself some more starts though don't you think?
    Posted by dezaruchi

LOL! I think the only way any of these goalie's play back to back, if they come off a shut-out, or after making 40 saves or more & he gets the win. Rask is great, playing great, but ONLY under unforeseen circumstances does he start in the play-offs. After last yr I think the B's owe Thomas that much. Not saying he has to stay the starter for the whole thing, but unless he's injured & his game goes South (tonite doesn't look like that's happening after a rough couple of games) as Jim Craig told Herb Brooks. Timmy should be able to say. "That's MY net MAN!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I was happy to see Thomas back in tonight to redeem himself after the Tampa game although the game winner by Moore was  in my eyes the only weak goal.  The others were all on rebounds left right in the slot and the defense didn't clear. Cannot give TT total responsibility.
    Rask on the otherhand has bounced back well and just proves the point that he needed to play more to show all the naysayers he's still got it.
    Now Rask I think will face a big test and play the Rags saturday . I wonder if Tortrella starts Biron ?  The king tonight did not look too good.  I doubt it though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I was happy to see Thomas back in tonight to redeem himself after the Tampa game although the game winner by Moore was  in my eyes the only weak goal.  The others were all on rebounds left right in the slot and the defense didn't clear. Cannot give TT total responsibility. Rask on the otherhand has bounced back well and just proves the point that he needed to play more to show all the naysayers he's still got it. Now Rask I think will face a big test and play the Rags saturday . I wonder if Tortrella starts Biron ?  The king tonight did not look too good.  I doubt it though.
    Posted by BsLegion

A laser shot over TT's left shoulder that Moore couldn't do again if he tried it 100 times is a weak goal. I can't say as i agree. Now the ones at his feet i thought he could have frozen a couple of them.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas : You only needed to see Marchand in 20 games in the 13th forward role to proclaim he was nothing more than a 4th line fringe player. Rask is playing in his 90th game in the last 2-1/2 years (43% of the games) and he's sporting a 2.14 GAA and .929 SP for his career. Those aren't typical back-up numbers.
    Posted by dezaruchi

His career numbers are great.  My point with the 15 games comment is for those who are comparing the numbers of Rask and Thomas this year and suggesting that Rask should be starting a lot more games because of it.

In response, to those people, I say:

Thomas is the Vezina Trophy winner.  No, he's not taking a seat more often.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas : In response, to those people, I say: Thomas is the Vezina Trophy winner.  No, he's not taking a seat more often.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I agree for the most part, except that TT is almost 38 and for everyone except the backup goalie, this part of the season is painful and seems meaningless.

Sections
Shortcuts