Could Tuukka unseat Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas

I know we need things to talk about, but really. You are talking about the Current Venzina, Conn Symthe, and Stanley Cup Champ Goalie, who is having a very good year himself, and you want to replace him?

Seriously......

Rask will get his turn.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thomas has earned all the accolades he receives, but , in the last few games he has not looked sharp, except for the 3rd period last night. He does show the ability to put a game or a period behind him, which is why Claude usually leaves him in. Rask has shown almost equal capabilities, and IMo deserves more starts on a regular basis. He is the future, and Timmy's acrobatics tend to take him completely out of position lately. Does this mean he's tired? Or is his physical skill regressing? Definitely need to watch this. In addition, Ference is starting to slow down, as his prior injuries probably are taking a toll. this does happen

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas:
    [QUOTE]Thomas has earned all the accolades he receives, but , in the last few games he has not looked sharp, except for the 3rd period last night. He does show the ability to put a game or a period behind him, which is why Claude usually leaves him in. Rask has shown almost equal capabilities, and IMo deserves more starts on a regular basis. He is the future, and Timmy's acrobatics tend to take him completely out of position lately. Does this mean he's tired? Or is his physical skill regressing? Definitely need to watch this. In addition, Ference is starting to slow down, as his prior injuries probably are taking a toll. this does happen
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    From what i've ever seen of TT's netminding, he has always done this and not just lately but his whole career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas : A laser shot over TT's left shoulder that Moore couldn't do again if he tried it 100 times is a weak goal. I can't say as i agree. Now the ones at his feet i thought he could have frozen a couple of them.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Don't think he positioned well on that shot.  Not saying if he had his angle better he would have made the save but it would have been easier to react and just maybe save it.
    As for those loose pucks you say he could have frozen them ? Not too certain but the same can be said his defense could have cleared them, taken the man that eventually put them in.  This is why those goals I will not say it was 100% on TT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

You can never 100% totally blame the goaltender on anything except a shootout. There are always breakdowns, mistakes, unlucky bounces, etc that contribute to every goal. Even soft goals there are mistakes made by the defense or the forward that lost/gave up the puck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Even still goalies are different breed on the ice. If you have two great goalies. Play them both.  Moog and Lemelin anyone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Could Tuukka unseat Thomas : His career numbers are great.  My point with the 15 games comment is for those who are comparing the numbers of Rask and Thomas this year and suggesting that Rask should be starting a lot more games because of it. In response, to those people, I say: Thomas is the Vezina Trophy winner.  No, he's not taking a seat more often.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Point taken. I agree that TT has earned the right to start as often as he'd like to. I'm also not suggesting that Rask is/should be the starter. I do think he's earned every bit of time that he gets though (unlike his last year's stats). Cheers.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It's a luxury to have 2 stellar goalies. The way I see it, I don't necessarily know why you have to play just 1 in the playoffs. In fact, If I was up 3-0 in a series, I would use that as an opportunity to use the 2nd goalie. There's no rule that says you have to play 1 and go with that the whole playoffs. If one is faltering, the other can play. You don't have to stick with the same goalie because of "we owe him that" or last years' stats. I love Thomas, but I also vehemently was fearing of Rask ever playing last year's playoffs as I felt he was shaky. This year? Honestly, I have no problems if they alternated or Rask suddenly grabbed a playoff start from Thomas. It's about team victories. Rask is playing flat out outstanding and Thomas has been stellar except maybe for a few recent outings. These guys go great together. They even like each other. It's a good tandem.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]You can never 100% totally blame the goaltender on anything except a shootout. There are always breakdowns, mistakes, unlucky bounces, etc that contribute to every goal. Even soft goals there are mistakes made by the defense or the forward that lost/gave up the puck.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

LMAO! You're out to lunch & obviously have no clue about the positon! There's always a way to blame a goalie! In the game of hockey there's break down's & there's rules on how to defend when a break down happens. If there's a 2 on 1 for instance. MOST of the time the rule is the goalie takes the shooter & the dman covers the pass. If the player with the puck decides to shoot & it goes in 5 hole along the ice? ABSOLUTELY 100% the goalies job to make sure his stick is down. Andy Moogs weak spot was this area & it drove me nuts!

The shots that are above the stick & gets thru? They look terrible, but it's called the five hole for a reason. Picking that spot above the stick blade between the pads is almost as sweet as picking the top corner. Don't try to come back & say the mistake was made when the 2 on 1 occured. Well if there were no mistakes at all there wouldn't be any goals scored, so that's a chump argument. Goalie's can take the blame & they deserve to be criticized just as much as anyone else!

Sections
Shortcuts