Couple games for Erskine sounds about right

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Couple games for Erskine sounds about right

I would be shocked if he doesn't get at least two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Gjy61B9m4

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Couple games for Erskine sounds about right

I didn't see the game but for me that's an easy 2 game suspension.  I like big John and he normally is a pretty honest guy.  If I were a betting man simmonds likely did something cheap. and this was payback.  I like both guys here.  But it's definitely a suspension.  The hit on Hamilton should be as well.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I didn't see the game but for me that's an easy 2 game suspension.  I like big John and he normally is a pretty honest guy.  If I were a betting man simmonds likely did something cheap. and this was payback.  I like both guys here.  But it's definitely a suspension.  The hit on Hamilton should be as well.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Everyone around here ( including me ) thought that Brad Stuart's hit on Gabriel Landeskog was deserved of a suspension. Nothing. Has the NHL eased up on giving them out ?

Watching the game last night I thought suspension also. Looking back at some of the players who could have been suspended this year and not getting anything ? I'm not so sure . The NHL disciplinary system has become a flip of the coin way of deciding who gets and who doesn't. 

Mind baffling !

P.S. Erskine did not have to fight any Flyer for the duration of the game. Gutless Flyers or them just trying to win the game with retribution to follow at a later date ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Blood, violent contact and what does Simmonds do?  Skate to the bench and get fixed.

No blood, soft looking touch and what does Hamilton do?  Go to the dressing room.

I hope he's no diver.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Blood, violent contact and what does Simmonds do?  Skate to the bench and get fixed.

No blood, soft looking touch and what does Hamilton do?  Go to the dressing room.

I hope he's no diver.

Hamilton did have a bloody mouth when he came back to the ice. Nobody cares what you think about Hamilton or any other players on the team as it's clear you're basing your "opinion" on the fact that you were the only jag off on the forum crying about PC drafting him. It's eerily similar to you proclaiming for all to hear that Marchand was nothing but a 4th line fringe player and always would be. Since then you've done nothing but attempt to bash him regardless of how dumb it makes you look. It's truly no surprise your attempting to do the same to Hamilton now. Hamilton is skating in one direction, gets elbowed in the mouth by a guy skating in the opposite direction, and you're calling it a dive? I suppose Horton dove when hit by Sestito? You're an absolute train wreck now. You're transparent to the point of becoming practically invisible around here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I hope he's no diver.

Comparing the two on how they reacted to pain ? Players deal with pain in different ways. 

Never seen him dive once during his time with the Ice Dogs. With that I'm thinking it must have hurt a little. Going to the runway or staying on the bench are just 2 different ways of dealing with it. 

He shook it offf and returned to the game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Everyone around here ( including me ) thought that Brad Stuart's hit on Gabriel Landeskog was deserved of a suspension. Nothing. Has the NHL eased up on giving them out ?

Watching the game last night I thought suspension also. Looking back at some of the players who could have been suspended this year and not getting anything ? I'm not so sure . The NHL disciplinary system has become a flip of the coin way of deciding who gets and who doesn't. 

Mind baffling !

P.S. Erskine did not have to fight any Flyer for the duration of the game. Gutless Flyers or them just trying to win the game with retribution to follow at a later date ?

League is going soft. Hamilton and Erskine and Stuart are new NHL suspensions.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Comparing the two on how they reacted to pain ? Players deal with pain in different ways. 

Never seen him dive once during his time with the Ice Dogs. With that I'm thinking it must have hurt a little. Going to the runway or staying on the bench are just 2 different ways of dealing with it. 

That's great news, Chowda.  In my view, divers are worse than guys with active sticks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

That's great news, Chowda.  In my view, divers are worse than guys with active sticks.

For the *most part* he plays an honest game.

* most part * ..... he was suspended as you probably recall for the hit to the opponents head.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I didn't mind Stuart's hit.  He came right at Landy and laid him out.  If the kid had his head up he could have at least braced himself or partially avoided it.  Good hit and I don't want to see those go away.

Erskine almost looked like he just wanted to get a piece of Simmonds and brainn-cramped when he lifted his arm and got him in the kisser.  Definitely worth 2 games for targeting the head though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didn't mind Stuart's hit.  He came right at Landy and laid him out.  If the kid had his head up he could have at least braced himself or partially avoided it.  Good hit and I don't want to see those go away.

Erskine almost looked like he just wanted to get a piece of Simmonds and brainn-cramped when he lifted his arm and got him in the kisser.  Definitely worth 2 games for targeting the head though.

[/QUPro blue

back in the day it's a great hit.  In today's game it's not.  His shoulder elbow made contact with head.  I'm not saying I like the new rule but its already going soft. John E will get suspended bc he s seen as a fighter.  No one else will be looked at. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I agree shupe I don't like head shots any more than the next guy, but if you can't hit a guy with a shoulder when you can look him in the eyes then there's something wrong with the rules.  That's why I think Shanny let Stuart of the hook - the hit came from the front and Landeskog had his head down which was part of the reason that there was contact with the head.  I like the non-suspension on this one but it's too bad Landy is on IR he's a great talent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Can you believe that NO penalty was called on that hit. The refs should be suspended as well.

In response to ha

ngnail's comment:

I would be shocked if he doesn't get at least two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Gjy61B9m4

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

3 games for Erskine.  Appropriate punishment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

3 games for Erskine.  Appropriate punishment.

Got to agree....he probably lost some good will along the way as well, however.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The funny thing about the hit was he was just trying to make a hockey play to slow down Simmonds because he knew he was going to get beat.  His elbow just happened to be the only part of his body that he could get on him so he raised it.  Bad choice and it's gonna cost him

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Mind baffling !

It's very simple, Hamilton and/or Landeskog were not hurt.  Were not hurt !  They'll never stop shots to the head with this approach !!!  They have it all wrong.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Mind baffling !

It's very simple, Hamilton and/or Landeskog were not hurt.  Were not hurt !  They'll never stop shots to the head with this approach !!!  They have it all wrong.

Landeskog was more so then Hamilton.  And you got it right.  The league has no idea how to control this.  How does making a one game example for any head shot hurt.  Anyway.  I like old style hockey.  This new stuff just makes my head spin.  Players turning into boards should be a penalty.  Players skating with heads down should be a penalty.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The funny thing about the hit was he was just trying to make a hockey play to slow down Simmonds because he knew he was going to get beat.  His elbow just happened to be the only part of his body that he could get on him so he raised it.  Bad choice and it's gonna cost him

I agree, Hang.  It's instinct.  You get beat, so you do whatever you can.  I can think of many times where I was beat and threw out an elbow to catch a guy in the shoulder or chest, anything to disturb.

Sections
Shortcuts