Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind

Just looking up and down the Free Agent List and some I wouldn't mind include :

Byron Bitz : he was injured last year but he can give Pouliot a push. Did Julien like him I forget?

Justin Pogge : I think his mental game was killed in Toronto, never recovered. Would be nice to give him a shot with our coaches, make him start against Toronto and blank him out!

Scott Hannan? Is he any good any more? I remember him in Colorado and Team Canada.

Nothign over $1MM for either of the three.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind

Wouldn't mind anything like this on a 2-way deal. The more options in camp, the better, eh?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

lol, I thought this was going to be another sign stamkos or doughtey thread.  Nothing wrong with any of those guys.  I really liked Bitz as a fourth liner.  Pogge could be a recovery project in the minors.  Hannan is good, but I don't know if he would sign on the cheap and the Bruins have 7 NHL D already.  If you could get them on a two way deal, they could compete at camp for a spot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the only signing with any impact that PC will be making prior to next season is Marchand....  the rest will be fillers for P-town....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I think there's a lot of talent left that would be great two-way deals...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind:[QUOTE]Wouldn't mind anything like this on a 2-way deal. The more options in camp, the better, eh?
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Yes and Bitz on a two way contract knows Julien's system plus anymore bolstering of Providence is good thing. Byron would man handle players in corners of the AHL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

bitzy cat, bitzy cat, i love you!  i miss bitzy cat and sobs.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Good to see someone throwing out legitimate options that could actually be worthwhile. Good on you sir.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

No thanks to Bitz

I would take a chance on Pogge though, Prov could use some competition in the goalie department

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

I like Bitz on an AHL contract.  Don't think he can help the B's based on where they are now from a talent perspective.  Too many guys ahead of him at this point with more kids on the way.   Pogge could be good too for PB competition sake?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bitz reminds me of Wheeler, Pogge is absolutley horrible, can't help but think of Brian Finley or Trevor Kidd when I see Pogge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind:
    [QUOTE]Bitz reminds me of Wheeler, Pogge is absolutley horrible, can't help but think of Brian Finley or Trevor Kidd when I see Pogge.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

how on earth does bitz remind you of wheeler. wheeler had skill, but was soft. bitz is tough as nails but has little skill. they are both big, if thats what you mean.

i would like bitz in providence. if there are a lot of injuries, he could fill in in boston. i still remember being at a game where he scored two goals and at the end the crowd was chanting "we want bitz, we want bitz" must have been the best moment of his life

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

'Ballroom Blitz.... ba, ba ba ba, Biron Bitz!!'  I like him as a fourth liner on the cheap.  He could sub in for Thronton and bring similar elements.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You fellas might not remember this:

Bitz was terrible. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]You fellas might not remember this: Bitz was terrible. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

NAS what do you have against guys who are tough as nails like Bitz and Thornton?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]You fellas might not remember this: Bitz was terrible. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I didn't think he was bad in a fourth line role. when he played with krejci it made me wanna throw up

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So Whitfield, Tardif, Hennessy or Arniel would be great call ups instead of Bitz if Paille, Kelly, Campbell, Peverley or Thornton went down in a 09'-10' esque rash of injuries ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Bitz is the past. The future is more promising with Caron and Sauvé.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]NAS what do you have against guys who are tough as nails like Bitz and Thornton?
    Posted by beantowngm15[/QUOTE]

They are poor hockey players.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind : I didn't think he was bad in a fourth line role. when he played with krejci it made me wanna throw up
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Compare Bitz to Paille.  Paille is a great fourth line player.  Bitz couldn't kill a penalty with an A-Bomb.  At least (gulp) Thornton can sort of skate.  Bitz wasn't tendered an offer from one of the worst teams in the NHL.  How could he ever be good enough for the Champs?

2011/06/27Florida Panthers did not tender a qualifying offer.
    2011/04/10Missed all 82 games of the regular season (sports hernia).
    2010/10/06Sports hernia, injured reserve.
    2010/04/11Missed the last 8 games of the regular season (elbow injury).
    2010/03/29Elbow injury, remainder of the season.
    2010/03/20Missed 4 games (lower body injury).
    2010/03/11Lower body injury, day-to-day.
    2010/03/03Acquired from the Boston Bruins.

He also has some injury issues.

Yeah, let's hope the B's sign a below average fourth line player who missed all of last season due to injury...would isn't good enough for a team that finished below the ISLANDERS in the standings.

God bless us.  Who else do you guys want from nostalgia row?  Nokelainen?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]So Whitfield, Tardif, Hennessy or Arniel would be great call ups instead of Bitz if Paille, Kelly, Campbell, Peverley or Thornton went down in a 09'-10' esque rash of injuries ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

I'm mostly talking about an AHL signing NAS, competition is good, and I think he would bring a high compete level in providence

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm mostly talking about an AHL signing NAS, competition is good, and I think he would bring a high compete level in providence
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Providence is awful.  I apologize for misunderstanding.  I thought people were talking about players who might be assets to the Bruins.

Bitz is not an NHL player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Call up one of the kids . Bitz ? Been there done that. Thornton can skate , sort of ? You old softy .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'd rather Bitz wasn't even in Providence. He has zero upside and could be taking ice time/development away from one of the kids who at least in theory have upside.  making Providence an AHL powerhouse is not what I care about. The AHL team's role is to develop players into NHL caliber inventory to either feed the big club or to be traded for pieces that the big club needs. If they happen to win a bunch of games that's a bonus. Bitz seem slike a great guy and team mate and I like his grit but he has no place in this organization.

Sections
Shortcuts