Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind

In Response to Re: Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind:
    [QUOTE]I'd rather Bitz wasn't even in Providence. He has zero upside and could be taking ice time/development away from one of the kids who at least in theory have upside.  making Providence an AHL powerhouse is not what I care about. The AHL team's role is to develop players into NHL caliber inventory to either feed the big club or to be traded for pieces that the big club needs. If they happen to win a bunch of games that's a bonus. Bitz seem slike a great guy and team mate and I like his grit but he has no place in this organization.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]
    Walk, I agree completely. Wins in Providence are secondary to the development of players for the big club. Learning the system so that the transition from Providence to Boston can be seamless is far more important than any immediate results for Providence. That's another reason why I don't put too much stock in the offensive numbers put up by guys in Providence.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So if this boards favorite prospect Hamill were at a point per game last season he wouldn't be ready for the NHL ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]So if this boards favorite prospect Hamill were at a point per game last season he wouldn't be ready for the NHL ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, the point I'm making is that a guy's lack of big numbers in Prov doesn't always equal a poor NHL showing. Learning the system in Prov is bigger than personal numbers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind : Yes.Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Could you maybe elaborate a little more Jacob Marley ? Whitfield, Tardif, Hennessy or Arniel are better NHL 4th line players than Bitz ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind : Could you maybe elaborate a little more Jacob Marley ? Whitfield, Tardif, Hennessy or Arniel are better NHL 4th line players than Bitz ?

Arniel is the only guy I like out of that group. Good two way guy with some offense in him. He sounds alot like a future Julien pet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind : Could you maybe elaborate a little more Jacob Marley ? Whitfield, Tardif, Hennessy or Arniel are better NHL 4th line players than Bitz ?

Whitfield can play spot duty, sure.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]So if this boards favorite prospect Hamill were at a point per game last season he wouldn't be ready for the NHL ?

Stats don't tell the whole story, but they are useful for helping determine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Couple of Gambles I wouldn't mind : Stats don't tell the whole story, but they are useful for helping determine. Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I agree