Court Rules Canucks Owe Messier 6 Million in Deferred Salary

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Court Rules Canucks Owe Messier 6 Million in Deferred Salary

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=402223

Apparently, his contract had a clause where, if the Canucks value increases, he can be eligible for more money. 

Good for him!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Re: Court Rules Canucks Owe Messier 6 Million in Deferred Salary

what moron put that in a contract? Good job Nucks...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Messier was a lot of things but "class act" was never one of them.  One of the very best at exacting a physical toll behind the play, in the corners, or wherever he could get away with it.  Kesler has nothing on him.  Marchand is that kid the choir boys all hate because he's such a suckup when compared to Messier.  If reps could be taken the way records are, Gordie Howe's patented the rep for elbows and butt ends would be Messier's by now.

Great player.  Strange guy. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I looked for a really good article in SI on Mess in the archives but could not find it. One of the rare times SI got a hockey article right. Came out in 94' right before the Rags won the cup. It talks in length about the 1991 1st round series against Calgary and how Messier just hacked, sliced, grabbed, tripped, elbowed all of the Flames best forwards throughout a series that the Flames had control of in the beginning.

If you were to ask Nieuwendyk, Gilmour, Roberts or Otto if they thought Mark was a good guy I don't think you would get a very positive answer. As far as the award to Messier bad move whomever gave him that kicker in his contract.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Court Rules Canucks Owe Messier 6 Million in Deferred Salary:
    what moron put that in a contract? Good job Nucks...
    Posted by 49thparallel

Mark must have given somebody "THE LOOK!" That's one thing I hate about Oiler fans. When they actually believed that "THE LOOK!" actually worked & scared other hockey players! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Court Rules Canucks Owe Messier 6 Million in Deferred Salary:
    Good for mess e probably isn't hurting for money but a class act in my book and a player who I enjoyed watching you can tell he loved the game.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup

He also loved playing incredibly dirty and not getting called.

There is more class in a jar of cat urine than in Messier's career.

But man oh man, was he an awesome hockey player.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He had a smart agent. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In my opinion he had alot of heart on the ice. The class act comment was refering to off ice charity work.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup

Yeah.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I dont care what anyone pokes behind closed doors. On the ice I hated his guts. Thats a compliment for an opposing player btw.
    Posted by JanneyJoyce

You played against him?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Messier was a lot of things but "class act" was never one of them.  One of the very best at exacting a physical toll behind the play, in the corners, or wherever he could get away with it.  Kesler has nothing on him.  Marchand is that kid the choir boys all hate because he's such a suckup when compared to Messier.  If reps could be taken the way records are, Gordie Howe's patented the rep for elbows and butt ends would be Messier's by now. Great player.  Strange guy. 
    Posted by Bookboy007

Bang on.  He was supremely talented to be sure but he earned his rep for foul play from stuff like this:

http://youtu.be/E8ySUzBoBzg
    http://youtu.be/SbuYFx4dPnw

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Is there anything on Youtube of the hatchet job Mess did on Dave Poulin in game one of the 1990 Finals?

Knocked him right out of the series. Turning point.

Sections
Shortcuts