Coyotes - tell me how this deal makes sense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Coyotes - tell me how this deal makes sense

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=397652#YourCallTop

Details of a tentative US$170-million deal to sell the Phoenix Coyotes to prospective owner Greg Jamison include a 20-year lease that will pay Jamison's group an average of $15 million a season to manage Jobing.com arena.

The draft agreement, posted online by the City of Glendale on its municipal website Monday, states the former San Jose Sharks executive will be paid the fee as arena manager for keeping "an anchor tenant at the arena."

Meanwhile, the team will pay the city approximately $13 million in rent over the duration of the agreement. The city also expects to make $60 million in ticket surcharges and between $4 million and $10 million in fees from naming rights.

The deal also includes a non-relocation agreement, stating the team will be liable for $250 million to $350 million in damages if it tries to move over the course of the lease.

The agreement also includes a provision to change the team name to the Arizona Coyotes "as soon as is commercially feasible."

The agreement will be presented to Glendale city council on Thursday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Coyotes - tell me how this deal makes sense

I guess prospective owner Jamison is $20 million dollars short of the N.H.L's asking price.He's looking for investors, anyone willing to help out ? Red ? Nas ? Anyone with a little extra cash lying around ? Maybe Doan could sign a 3 yr deal for $21 million and play for free and become a part owner.Then everyone is happy, the Coyotes stay put & Doan can play for his beloved Yotes'.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Colour me surprised. I think you'd get better return on your investment by just throwing the $20 million into a bonfire.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Looks like Doan has finally given up

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2012/08/06/report-doans-short-list-includes-new.html

Down to Rangers, Canucks and Pens.

Not good for the Yotes. Their first preseason game (if there is a preseason) is just six or so weeks away, and no owner yet, they're about $10 million under the floor with 22 players signed, and it looks like they lost their captain and face of the franchise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Some new developments on the Coyotes front.

One, the petition to put the sales tax that will fund the deal goes before a court of appeals today. If passed, it delays the sale until after the November elections.

Two, Glendale municipal elections are on August 28. Most of the candidates, including all three mayoral candidates, oppose the deal. Meaning Jamison would have to get the deal done before the new council is sworn in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And the Coyotes deal is back on the ballot.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2012/08/24/appeals-court-rules-against-glendale.html

So unless the Arizona Supreme Court intervenes, no sale until after November by the looks of it, as if the tax goes down, Glendale can't pay for the deal.

When will this end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Coyotes - tell me how this deal makes sense:
    [QUOTE]And the Coyotes deal is back on the ballot. http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2012/08/24/appeals-court-rules-against-glendale.html So unless the Arizona Supreme Court intervenes, no sale until after November by the looks of it, as if the tax goes down, Glendale can't pay for the deal. When will this end.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    When Quebec gets their rink built.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Coyotes - tell me how this deal makes sense:[QUOTE]Looks like Doan has finally given up http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2012/08/06/report-doans-short-list-includes-new.html Down to Rangers, Canucks and Pens. Not good for the Yotes. Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Is this deadline #4, #5 or #6 for Doan ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coyotes - tell me how this deal makes sense : Is this deadline #4, #5 or #6 for Doan ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, it's hard to believe a deal hasn't been signed by Doan if these offers are real. 7.5 seems like a gross overpayment for Doan at this point in his career.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Coyotes - tell me how this deal makes sense : San, it's hard to believe a deal hasn't been signed by Doan if these offers are real. 7.5 seems like a gross overpayment for Doan at this point in his career.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

If true he should take it and run.

Sections
Shortcuts