Craig Cunningham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Craig Cunningham

I really think this guy is a dark horse to make the team next year. Had 27g, 60a for the Giants and Winterhawks in the WHL, along with 7g in the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if he made the team a la Lucic a couple years back.

What does everyone else think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Craig Cunningham

I think Craig will pile some points and excite allot of PBruins fans down at the Dunk this season. I saw him play twice up in Washington this season great hands and deceptive skater reminds me allot of the mighty muscovite.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Unrelated question, I have no idea whether this player will make the team or not (seems unlikely), but is this the prospect that was drafted on the reccommendation of Lucic?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

dc - Yes, though that's a little strong.  He won't make the Bruins unless he absolutely blows people away.  In context, he scored 20 fewer points than 17yr old RNH, and at his size, like a Ronning or St. Louis, you have to put up the O.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think this guy is an absolute lock for an AHL year.  He had a great season but everyone seems to project him as a marginal pro player.  No doubt he'll need a year or two of seasoning in the A.  Of course, what do I know, I really haven't watched him play.  I just think the roster is too deep and their are too many other prospects.  I think Cunningham will need to prove himself in the AHL first, and even there, he will see a lot of competition to get on the top two lines.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham:
    [QUOTE]I think this guy is an absolute lock for an AHL year.  He had a great season but everyone seems to project him as a marginal pro player.  No doubt he'll need a year or two of seasoning in the A.  Of course, what do I know, I really haven't watched him play.  I just think the roster is too deep and their are too many other prospects.  I think Cunningham will need to prove himself in the AHL first, and even there, he will see a lot of competition to get on the top two lines.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I agree, Fletcher, and I haven't seen him for a second.  Under sized players taken in the fourth round who are playing their fourth year of juniors are not going to make the NHL team out of training camp.

Here's the real question:  Does he even get a contract?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

He'll have to get the ol' Zack Hamill look see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sounds like a euphemism for a prostate exam where they find your head.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Sounds like a euphemism for a prostate exam where they find your head.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Good one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

PB's for sure with Cunningham.  Let him and others like him develop slowly as Chiarelli and Benning have been quoted saying recently.  Should be up for top 6 consideration with the PB's and looks like a decent 2/3 liner for the future.  

B's are stacked in NHL and the minors!  Never though I would say that... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]PB's for sure with Cunningham.  Let him and others like him develop slowly as Chiarelli and Benning have been quoted saying recently.  Should be up for top 6 consideration with the PB's and looks like a decent 2/3 liner for the future.   B's are stacked in NHL and the minors!  Never though I would say that... 
    Posted by LB34[/QUOTE]

They have a lot of draft picks who will be playing in Providence over the next couple of years.  I wouldn't say they're stacked in the minors.  In fact, I'd say the current minor league system is full of hope, but short on results.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham : They have a lot of draft picks who will be playing in Providence over the next couple of years.  I wouldn't say they're stacked in the minors.  In fact, I'd say the current minor league system is full of hope, but short on results.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Marchand,Boychuk,Krejci and McQuaid are decent contributors that paid their dues in Providence. I agree it'd be nice to see more but the cupboards certainly aren't bare.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham : They have a lot of draft picks who will be playing in Providence over the next couple of years.  I wouldn't say they're stacked in the minors.  In fact, I'd say the current minor league system is full of hope, but short on results.

Seconded

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham : Marchand,Boychuk,Krejci and McQuaid are decent contributors that paid their dues in Providence. I agree it'd be nice to see more but the cupboards certainly aren't bare.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Outside of Caron, can you imagine any Providence guys making the NHL roster this year? Even next year?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham : Outside of Caron, can you imagine any Providence guys making the NHL roster this year? Even next year?
    I think Sauve and Caron both have the added hurdle of trying to crack a cup winning lineup with very few spots up for grabs. I think those 2(and even Hamill) could make a number of other squads. Ideally, at least 2 of the 3 spend most of the year in Providence.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"current minor league system is full of hope, but short on results"

Oh be like Hershey sign ex NHLrs to win AHL championships. I don't care about the PBruins winning the Calder Cup but I do care about sending Marchand, Boychuk, Krejci and McQuaid up to the NHL. I guess some expected results are different for others.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]  "current minor league system is full of hope, but short on results" Oh be like Hershey sign ex NHLrs to win AHL championships. I don't care about the PBruins winning the Calder Cup but I do care about sending Marchand, Boychuk, Krejci and McQuaid up to the NHL. I guess some expected results are different for others.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

But SanDog, those guys are already in the NHL.  Who is in Providence?  Outside of Caron, there are no young player with more than a week of NHL time.  I know you're high on Sauve, and I truly hope you are right, but I don't think he's coming this year.

When I say "short on results", I didn't mean going deep into the playoffs.  I meant on getting the job done.  I saw a bunch of Providence games.  (God save my soul for this) Whitfield was the best player by a mile.  The rest of them looked awful, out of position, inaccurate, slow and overall just bad.

We hope Spooner and Knight can do something in the NHL, but they have barely played pro.  It's a total unknown.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"When I say "short on results", I didn't mean going deep into the playoffs.  I meant on getting the job done."

This I could say they kept their last coach too long in Providence if they looked that bad to you position wise during games. What chance do any of the players anyone on this board has hopes for if Julien keeps telling Chiarelli he only wants defensive minded vets ?

At some point Julien will need deal with this sooner than not. He has to adjust to offensive minded forwards like Sauve, Seguin, Knight and Arniel or we'll never see them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]"When I say "short on results", I didn't mean going deep into the playoffs.  I meant on getting the job done." This I could say they kept their last coach too long in Providence if they looked that bad to you position wise during games. What chance do any of the players anyone on this board has hopes for if Julien keeps telling Chiarelli he only wants defensive minded vets ? At some point Julien will need deal with this sooner than not. He has to adjust to offensive minded forwards like Sauve, Seguin, Knight and Arniel or we'll never see them.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Presently, I'm happy with Julien.  Ask me again in November when they drop five 2-1 games in a row.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham : But SanDog, those guys are already in the NHL.  Who is in Providence?  Outside of Caron, there are no young player with more than a week of NHL time.  I know you're high on Sauve, and I truly hope you are right, but I don't think he's coming this year. When I say "short on results", I didn't mean going deep into the playoffs.  I meant on getting the job done.  I saw a bunch of Providence games.  (God save my soul for this) Whitfield was the best player by a mile.  The rest of them looked awful, out of position, inaccurate, slow and overall just bad. We hope Spooner and Knight can do something in the NHL, but they have barely played pro.  It's a total unknown.

None of Marchand, Krejci, McQuaid, etc, had that much success in Providence either. Maybe Krejci. But no one saw Marchand coming apparently and McQuaid similarly came out of nowhere. Why write off Spooner, Knight, Sauve so soon?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A good point from dc that a number of Bruins that have come up in the system  oddly played better in Boston than Providence.  I'm not making excuses for the guys in Providence (who were awful last year), but I do wonder if guys like Caron and Sauve could stick given a longer tryout in Boston.  I think NAS is right and the answer is probably no for most of them.  But, we can't assume that the Bruins will remain as healthy as last year, by and large.  If 3 or 4 injuries surface in Boston, the Bruins will have to rely on Caron, Sauve, Arniel, etc. and maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham : None of Marchand, Krejci, McQuaid, etc, had that much success in Providence either. Maybe Krejci. But no one saw Marchand coming apparently and McQuaid similarly came out of nowhere. Why write off Spooner, Knight, Sauve so soon?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

Feel free to do some research on Krejci and Marchand in Providence and then come on back.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham : Feel free to do some research on Krejci and Marchand in Providence and then come on back.
    Marchand had 91 points in 113 games in Providence. It's not as if he tore it up. DK had just over a point per game. Now that I've done the research, I feel you owe an explanation as to why it was necessary.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

As long as there is Zac Hamill there is hope.  DK and Mush were both doing well in Prov when they were called up.  Caron is NHL ready, but the rest of the lineup hasn't done much.  I have higher hopes for the guys who have yet to play there for a season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham : Marchand had 91 points in 113 games in Providence. It's not as if he tore it up. DK had just over a point per game. Now that I've done the research, I feel you owe an explanation as to why it was necessary.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

The post I was replying to was this:

[QUOTE] None of Marchand, Krejci, McQuaid, etc, had that much success in Providence either. Maybe Krejci. But no one saw Marchand coming apparently and McQuaid similarly came out of nowhere.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say that they didn't have much success.  Would you?

Sections
Shortcuts