Craig Cunningham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Craig Cunningham

"Caron is NHL ready, but the rest of the lineup hasn't done much."

It took Arniel 78 games to score 23 goals, Caron scored 12 goals in 47 games and in comparison to them both it only took 61 games for Sauve to score 21 goals plus Max led the PBruins in PP goals then you can add he has a presence for dramatics he was tied for the lead in the AHL for game winning goals this past season after coming back from a broken wrist.

Give Sauve the proper center then lets see what he can do. I say the AHL is slowing Max down. With an AHL season under his belt I already give him the edge over Spooner.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham : The post I was replying to was this: I wouldn't say that they didn't have much success.  Would you?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I know what you were replying to. You know I'm a dink. Where's the confusion?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

With San Dog on Sauve since he came and I believe he was with me on the March kid when drafted.

March has always been a big game player and needs the time, not needs, he wants it, is why he made it this time around. His 20 games last year was not a mark, he seen no time on an entire team that could not put the puck in the ocean aboard the Titanic. His first year in Prov he was 2nd in fwd scoring and 2nd overall in playoff scoring. 2nd year he was at a point a game on 2nd line and would have led team if not called up to B's. His numbers rate pretty good.

Krej led team 1st year in Prov and was leading team when called up in 2nd year. his stats up here are pretty good too.

McQ was only behind Hunwick and Lashoff on D depth chart but brought an entirely different game and one more likened to the cj style.  When he popped up his pen mins, he got a better look and got the call.

Arniel (picked 97th like Cunning) has improved his game 8th in scoring 1st year and 1st last year albeit a dismal team effort. He will get a look only if he can double up like last year but it could be the Hamill look.

Sauve as San said came off injury after he had an early good start his scoring was better per game but he wasn't the best either in his first effort. He is bigger and faster than Arniel and prob everyone faster than everyone in Prov.  His speed and development may be another year in Prov but he will get  looked at a little harder. I hope his summer regimen is strong because "I" want to see him get a true shot like Caron was getting last year and not on 4th line with Thorn.

Cunning's numbers last year were decent on a bad team then sent to a strong team for a shot at cup, lost to Koot in WHL finals. He was a strong addition with good points even though he was not on top line and good playoff numbers as well. he will def see Prov 1st if he is signed, he would be better served going to a team that might be willing to give a St Louis type a shot, not the defending Cup champs as he has a lot of depth to battle for 1-2 spots, if there are even 1-2 spots come preseason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I think the P Bruins in general lack the talent of other minor league teams but the addition of Spooner and Knight, and the development of Caron, will help. Sauve will be down one more year perhaps as well as Arniel, but both could help the B's eventually. Hamill is officially a bust and should be traded for a depth goalie asap. Spooner and Caron will make the NHL later this year, and maybe even Sauve.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think the P Bruins in general lack the talent of other minor league teams but the addition of Spooner and Knight, and the development of Caron, will help. Sauve will be down one more year perhaps as well as Arniel, but both could help the B's eventually. Hamill is officially a bust and should be traded for a depth goalie asap. Spooner and Caron will make the NHL later this year, and maybe even Sauve.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    Is Spooner making the team out of camp or when his junior season is over?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham : Is Spooner making the team out of camp or when his junior season is over?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

It is amazing how many people don't know this and keep on posting comments like this. Watch during the year how many make the same mistake. It is one of the most common errors made on this forum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The problem is goals aren't everything, but with Sauve they are.  I would like to see Max make the NHL, but he doesn't bring the complete, anywhere in the lineup game that Caron does.  To make this Bruins team he needs to be the kind of player who can pot 30 or 40 at the AHL level, and even then it's a challenge.  Hopefully he comes to camp focused and can challenge for a spot.  According to PC, Spooner was closer than Sauve to making the team last year in camp.

[QUOTE]    "Caron is NHL ready, but the rest of the lineup hasn't done much." It took Arniel 78 games to score 23 goals, Caron scored 12 goals in 47 games and in comparison to them both it only took 61 games for Sauve to score 21 goals plus Max led the PBruins in PP goals then you can add he has a presence for dramatics he was tied for the lead in the AHL for game winning goals this past season after coming back from a broken wrist. Give Sauve the proper center then lets see what he can do. I say the AHL is slowing Max down. With an AHL season under his belt I already give him the edge over Spooner.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I don't see the huge issue here.

Bs have 2 spots to fill and plenty of cap room to do it (assuming Kampfer is on the team). I think you'll need some P-Bruins and prospects for 2011-12 if Kelly and Peverely don't resign but otherwise replacing Ryder and Recchi shouldn't be too much of an issue in the FA market or promoting one of the prospects.

The best part, the Bs don't really need a top 6 forward (IMO) as they have Lucic - Horton - Krejic and Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin as solid top 6 guys.

With Kelly and Peverely solidifying the third line for another year (possibly longer) along with the potential resigning of Ryder, the Bs don't have to rush any of its kids and can lock up its veterans with its spare cap space. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Pev and Kelly are signed for this year.

Do not recall Pc saying any such thing that Spooner was better than Sauve. He gave Spooner accolades yes, but I do not recall any comparison at all, then again old timers is kicking in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Why do people keep saying there are 2 spots available at forward?  I see one:

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Peverly
    Seguin-Kelly-???
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Right?

I also do not recall PC ever speculating that Spooner was 'closer' than Sauve, or speaking at all on which prospects were the closest last year, among the cuts.  Spooner was a late cut from camp, but that could mean nothing more than the staff wanting to learn more about him.  With Sauve in the AHL and Spooner in junior, I think that Sauve is closer.  He also has more experience with moving from center to wing, which would be necessary to crack the current lineup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham:[QUOTE] To make this Bruins team he needs to be the kind of player who can pot 30 or 40 at the AHL level, and even then it's a challenge.  Hopefully he comes to camp focused and can challenge for a spot.  According to PC, Spooner was closer than Sauve to making the team last year in camp. In Response to Re: Craig Cunningham :Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

If Sauve hadn't gotten hurt 30 would have been a sinch for him last season .63 points per game pace. The knock on Max has been play in his own end if he doesn't solve that quickly he doesn't succeed with Julien. I like Spooner allot it's going to be a great battle for that final forward spot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

OK, let me clarify.  He never said, and wouldn't say, Spooner did better than Sauve.  He did say Spooner a surprise and was close while Sauve was already cut.  Take that as you will.  There are two roster spots because the Bruins carry 13 forwards.  Recchi and possibly Ryder are out.  One to step in to daily duty and one to be a spare, like Mush did last year... for one game.  I think Caron's a lock, the other a mystery or possibly a F.A. signing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]OK, let me clarify.  He never said, and wouldn't say, Spooner did better than Sauve.  He did say Spooner a surprise and was close while Sauve was already cut.  Take that as you will.  There are two roster spots because the Bruins carry 13 forwards.  Recchi and possibly Ryder are out.  One to step in to daily duty and one to be a spare, like Mush did last year... for one game.  I think Caron's a lock, the other a mystery or possibly a F.A. signing.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I can see that interpretation.  But, in my very slightly informed opinion, I would think that Sauve is closer, based on experience in the AHL and experience playing on the wing.

Why would anyone want one of these prospects to be carried as a 13th forward?  They should go sign a depth guy or use Whitfield for that on road trips.  I can't think of any good justification for Caron, Sauve, Arniel, or Spooner to be sitting in the press box watching games instead of playing in Providence.

There is one spot available in the lineup.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

That one spot is conditional on Savard calling it quits, too.  Sure, it seems likely, but it isn't a given yet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Why carry a young guy as a spare?  Ask Marchand.  There are always injuries, and CJ likes to have a guy pressing others to perform.  If they are practicing with the big boys they are ready to step in.  It certainly didn't hurt Seguin to be watching and practicing this year in the playoffs.  Also, it used to be after two years of pro you couldn't be sent down without clearing waivers.  Not sure if that's still the case. If it is, Hammil could stick around just so his incredible value is not lost for nothing.  I agree that Sauve is probably closer to NHL action than Spooner, but I also feel that the Bruins best prospects outside of Caron probably played in Junior last year, not the AHL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Marchand sat in the press box for one game, right?  Then he played.  Caron sat for a while and I recall PC admitting it was a mistake not to have him playing.  Covering injuries is fine -- that makes it a true spot on the roster -- sitting in the press box watching games is not.

I am all for ongoing competition too.  Just don't want a young prospect sitting, watching.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand sat in the press box for one game, right?  Then he played.  Caron sat for a while and I recall PC admitting it was a mistake not to have him playing.  Covering injuries is fine -- that makes it a true spot on the roster -- sitting in the press box watching games is not. I am all for ongoing competition too.  Just don't want a young prospect sitting, watching.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

And I don't want them wasting a year of rookie pay there, either.  If the guy is CHL eligible and not AHL eligible, send him back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Last year we had a very lucky year for none of the short time injuries that eat up cap space and players.  Expect to see more stints in the 4-5 games or even 8-10 that will use extra youth time and cap space this year for sure. 

They just played 107 games thru the nagging injuries, expect more rest time this year, and as a result expect to see more callups.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If they are CHL eligible, absolutely send them down.  If they are not, I would carry a 13th forward.  If they sit for a long time, sure send them to the A.  But Caron was the 14th forward.  Usually a 13th forward will play because there is often someone out. We saw Ryder, Paille and others all subbing in and out. Every situation is different.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Ask any player if they want 60k to play in Prov or 600K to sit in press and get reg practice with the bigs, no brainer.  Someone will be the 13th fwd as there will be a 7th D, I would want to be the 13th fwd, ask Seg if he would be the 13th or play in the Juniors, pretty sure he likes his name on the cup and the big pay he got with it.

As stated above and on many posts, it is all moot, Sav has NOT RETIRED and his upcoming 7M$ is 7M reasons he will not. Also Ryder is a good bet to sign back, he has a cup and his postseason play shows he likes it and my bet is he will sign for less over 2years for a good shot at another, he knows he didn't earn his 12M during last 3 seasons, then again his playoff play will give him a big shot at getting the same payoff elsewhere it all comes down to who is knocking and they will be knocking despite the posters here and their value of him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Ask any player if they want 60k to play in Prov or 600K to sit in press and get reg practice with the bigs, no brainer.  Someone will be the 13th fwd as there will be a 7th D, I would want to be the 13th fwd, ask Seg if he would be the 13th or play in the Juniors, pretty sure he likes his name on the cup and the big pay he got with it. As stated above and on many posts, it is all moot, Sav has NOT RETIRED and his upcoming 7M$ is 7M reasons he will not. Also Ryder is a good bet to sign back, he has a cup and his postseason play shows he likes it and my bet is he will sign for less over 2years for a good shot at another, he knows he didn't earn his 12M during last 3 seasons, then again his playoff play will give him a big shot at getting the same payoff elsewhere it all comes down to who is knocking and they will be knocking despite the posters here and their value of him.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

I agreed until you suggested Ryder will return to Boston for less money.  If he were going to do that, he'd already have signed.  The free agent cupboard is bare beyond Richards and teams will overpay the heck out of these guys to meet the salary floor.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

On the TSN preview ad for free agent day, they actually listed Ryder as one of the 4 highlight names.  I suspect that he has his cup, now he will look for his retirement payday.