Crawford extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsalways. Show bruinsalways's posts

Crawford extension

6 Yrs 36 mil

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Crawford extension

Preatty much the going rate for a #1 goalie,and he did win a cup,don't think he was the reason Hawks one the cup,still can't believe the Hawks one game 4 with the way he played that game,but unfortunetly Rask let in one more than Crawford,still say that was the game that cost the Bruins the cup.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

I dunno I think the Hawks rushed this deal they should of waited now that he lost 10inches(LOL) off his leg pads. Reminds me of Raycroft paid after they shrunk the pads and look at him now. I have a feeling Crawford is going to have a bad year with the reduction of pads this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Preatty much the going rate for a #1 goalie,and he did win a cup,don't think he was the reason Hawks one the cup,still can't believe the Hawks one game 4 with the way he played that game,but unfortunetly Rask let in one more than Crawford,still say that was the game that cost the Bruins the cup.

so why is Rask's contract higher ? 

I'll feel better about Rask's contract in a couple years, that is if he keeps up the performances .

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Goalies are gonna get paid more and more as the cap goes up. Every contract we've seen recently will be reasonable deals when you factor in salary inflation in the next 2-3 seasons. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

New York Rangers are cringing right now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

King Henry gets 6 yrs 8 million per without a blink. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I'll feel better about Rask's contract in a couple years, that is if he keeps up the performances .

if a poll was taken among gms i bet the vast majority would choose Tuukka over Crawford....

although Crawford possesses a bigger frame, Tuukka's much more agile and better technically....

like another poster noted, let's see just how good Crawford will be once his pads are reduced....  his five-hole may become just as vulnerable as his glove side....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Preatty much the going rate for a #1 goalie

I'll feel better about Rask's contract in a couple years, that is if he keeps up the performances [/QUOTE]

And Shupster enters the playhouse from the door at back of the stage..."I sayeth, that, what I have crowed before, all goalies..."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

main reason why tuukka's deal is bigger than crawfords - tuukka is a better, and younger

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to G4ck5's comment:

I dunno I think the Hawks rushed this deal they should of waited now that he lost 10inches(LOL) off his leg pads. Reminds me of Raycroft paid after they shrunk the pads and look at him now. I have a feeling Crawford is going to have a bad year with the reduction of pads this year.

The equipment changes werent dramatic enough to have that much of an effect on his game. The redductions are miniscule.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Game 4 hurt, especially as how bad Crawford was, but I still think it was Game 1 that eventually killed them.  3 of the 4 losses resulted from lost 3rd period leads, the teams Achilles' heel all year.  But that 3-1 lead that got away and turned into a 3OT loss was a massive hit to overcome.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

The equipment changes werent dramatic enough to have that much of an effect on his game. The redductions are miniscule.

He is an elite goalie.  His stats are excellent.  He has a cup and out played the 7m$ man in the process.  He has proven his game.   Still too high for my liking.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

He is an elite goalie.  His stats are excellent.  He has a cup and out played the 7m$ man in the process.  He has proven his game.   Still too high for my liking.  

I am going to get on a plane, fly to NS, and punch you in the face.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I am going to get on a plane, fly to NS, and punch you in the face.

Its raining hard.  Can we make it indoors

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

LOL @ Shupe & NAS! Careful NAS...You fight one Maritmer you have to fight us all & Marchand will slew foot you in a heartbeat. And I always fight with a blocker! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i don't have the stats from the finals, but i didn't find Crawford outplayed Tuukka....

had the B'S possessed a sniper like Kane the fortunes would've been reversed.... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

i don't have the stats from the finals, but i didn't find Crawford outplayed Tuukka....

had the B'S possessed a sniper like Kane the fortunes would've been reversed.... 

Rask would've been MVP had the Bruins pulled it out. Crawford was never in the running for it. Sadly, this is just the start of 8 years of reading Shupe complaining about Rask. Super fun stuff.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Rask would've been MVP had the Bruins pulled it out. Crawford was never in the running for it. Sadly, this is just the start of 8 years of reading Shupe complaining about Rask. Super fun stuff.

God... I don't think I'll be able to make it through, dez.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Tuukka's play will bring Shupe on board way before then....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Excuse me?  Crawford was not in the running for it?   Was Rask?  Please tell me how you know this.  In every big moment crawford certainly matched and ulimately won the cup.   He won 2 outta 3 gms in boston and had unreal playoff numbers.   Came back against a detroit team and beat the cup champs.   Oh. The winner patrick kane said he deserved it as did many media gurus.

doa- the bruins didnt have a kane in 2011 and won.  They did have a TT though.   

Crawford is an elite goalie.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'll be on that plane too, but since I recall that shupe is pretty big, I'm just gonna kick him in the junk and run away.  If he goes down, I'll smash his Ipad though.

Crawford could be the Trent Dilfer of the NHL.  I think he has the best team around him of any goalie, and he has for a few years.  He's done a great job too though, and you can't blame the Hawks for rewarding him and sticking with the winning formula.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Excuse me? Crawford was not in the running for it?   Was Rask?  Please tell me how you know this.  In every big moment crawford certainly matched and ulimately won the cup.   He won 2 outta 3 gms in boston and had unreal playoff numbers.   Came back against a detroit team and beat the cup champs.   Oh. The winner patrick kane said he deserved it as did many media gurus.

Why, did you let one rip? I'm sure that a man not as lazy as I could spend some time bringing up multiple playoff articles which suggested Rask would win MVP if the Bruins won. Find me one that suggested Crawford should win and your argument might seem less irritating to all (but I doubt it).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=673457

Here's an opinion from someone with no dog in the fight (Sabres fan).....

http://sabrenoise.com/2013/06/25/daily-poll-was-patrick-kane-the-best-choice-for-the-conn-smythe-trophy/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Excuse me? Crawford was not in the running for it?   Was Rask?  Please tell me how you know this.  In every big moment crawford certainly matched and ulimately won the cup.   He won 2 outta 3 gms in boston and had unreal playoff numbers.   Came back against a detroit team and beat the cup champs.   Oh. The winner patrick kane said he deserved it as did many media gurus.

Why, did you let one rip? I'm sure that a man not as lazy as I could spend some time bringing up multiple playoff articles which suggested Rask would win MVP if the Bruins won. Find me one that suggested Crawford should win and your argument might seem less irritating to all (but I doubt it).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=673457

Here's an opinion from someone with no dog in the fight (Sabres fan).....

http://sabrenoise.com/2013/06/25/daily-poll-was-patrick-kane-the-best-choice-for-the-conn-smythe-trophy/

Dont they vote prior to game 7?   in game 6?  Im asking a question here.   Rask had one outstanding rounf against the pens.  Crawford came back from a huge hole against a team in detroit that was playing unreal.  

Rask performance against the leafs was almost another choke job.  You used "if" the bruins won the cup.  Im using "if" he lost to the leafs.  Putting team behind 4-1 before the bruins stormed back.  I dont call that mvp worthy.  Hardly had much of a fight against a limping ranger team Similar to crawfords first round opponent.  Rask as stated was out of this world against pitt.  and well. He had numerous leads and chances to win in the finals and in the biggest gm lets in 6.  In the next biggest gm he loses another lead.  I dont call that mvp worthy.  Bergie.  Mvp worthy. 

I think i value kanes words more then glenn healy or some other donkey who gets a vote.  

i think crawford is an elite goalie.  His win loss are solid.  His play gets better.  And hello.  He just won the cup.  

Sections
Shortcuts