Crawford extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Crawford extension

Funner Became a word in 2010

All said and done i do believe Rask is the better tender.  His rebound control simply amazing.  Crawford is an elite goalie in my eyes.  He elivated it at the right time and is a champion.  As far as Price goes if you dig into my old posts you will see not only do i think he should start for canada, but also that i truly believe he is in the top 5 in the world.  And with the way goalies flip flop pole positions he could be the best this year.   

[/QUOTE]

He could be, but I don't see what you & Kel see. I think he's regressed & he needs to come out strong early. I'm talking TT type strong. Going 5,6,7 & 0 to start the season. IF he doesn't I think the Hab fans will be all over him & you may see a Vancouver/Montreal swap if Bobby Lu doesn't do the same for the diving team. And have both goalies switching to their home Province.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

All said and done i do believe Rask is the better tender.  His rebound control simply amazing.  Crawford is an elite goalie in my eyes.  He elivated it at the right time and is a champion.  As far as Price goes if you dig into my old posts you will see not only do i think he should start for canada, but also that i truly believe he is in the top 5 in the world.  And with the way goalies flip flop pole positions he could be the best this year.   

He could be, but I don't see what you & Kel see. I think he's regressed & he needs to come out strong early. I'm talking TT type strong. Going 5,6,7 & 0 to start the season. IF he doesn't I think the Hab fans will be all over him & you may see a Vancouver/Montreal swap if Bobby Lu doesn't do the same for the diving team. And have both goalies switching to their home Province.

[/QUOTE]

If montreal makes that deal it better include a lot more.  price wasnt great last year.  Yet still finished 2nd.  Had montreal not been injured especially on backend i think they would have beat ottawa.  Lets not forget most didnt have montreal in the playoffs.  I personally think price does so much for montreal.  He is easily their team mvp.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

If montreal makes that deal it better include a lot more.  price wasnt great last year.  Yet still finished 2nd.  Had montreal not been injured especially on backend i think they would have beat ottawa.  Lets not forget most didnt have montreal in the playoffs.  I personally think price does so much for montreal.  He is easily their team mvp.  

[/QUOTE]

No question, but they are a different team with a healthy Markov.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If montreal makes that deal it better include a lot more.  price wasnt great last year.  Yet still finished 2nd.  Had montreal not been injured especially on backend i think they would have beat ottawa.  Lets not forget most didnt have montreal in the playoffs.  I personally think price does so much for montreal.  He is easily their team mvp.  

[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to imply a straight swap, but if Price becomes tradeable I think that will imply they've lost faith & they won't get his true value. Maybe he'll go to Pitts for Fleury. The Habs havent really had very many non-french goalie's that played well for them. Halek & Dryden were about the only 2 that survived & Halek didn't really survive. Just had a great run. It'll be interesting to see what developes regarding Price. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I didn't mean to imply a straight swap, but if Price becomes tradeable I think that will imply they've lost faith & they won't get his true value. Maybe he'll go to Pitts for Fleury. The Habs havent really had very many non-french goalie's that played well for them. Halek & Dryden were about the only 2 that survived & Halek didn't really survive. Just had a great run. It'll be interesting to see what developes regarding Price. 

[/QUOTE]

I dont know why they would entertain this.  Hes 26.  Has had growing pains in the most difficult market and i think he has handled it great.   Price is the best goalie they have had since Roy, theyve extended him, dealt halak.  I dont think hes going anywhere.  Fans were wanting halak to stay and price to go.  I think it worked out pretty well for them.   The best thing about price is i dont think it bothers him.  Montreal has had coaching turnovers and were supposed to be in rebuild mode last year.  2nd in the conference.  

You find me a team with a great system based on protecting your own end and i will point to the elite goalies in the league.  I dont place a lot of value on goalies.  Bryz outta yote land was terrible, terrible system.   Mike Smith couldnt stick anywhere and now hes in that system.  Pitt was very very good in their own end when Bylsma took over and Fleury had great numbers.  Martin played a tight ship in Montreal, coaching change and new style and his play suffered.   Detroit always plays tight.  Howard excels.  Nashville same thing.  

show me a great system and i will show you a great goalie.   I think an avg goalie in boston would be better then any other system. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[/QUOTE]

No way Price is traded Nite, especially in a deal involving Luongo. He had a terrific year last year and is just getting ready to enter his prime. Like Shupe said, most people had them not making th eplayoffs last year and they won the division. I think we've yet to see the best he has to offer, and if they didnt trade him during some a time when he was facing some adversity and Halak was just coming off beating the Pens and Caps pretty much by himself, i dont think theyre going to even entertain trading him.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Shupe you keep saying that Crawford won the cup. No, the Blackhawks won with him in goal. I think the outcome is the same with Emery. They were a solid team. If anything they got very lucky on a number of occasions and almost to a point won in spite of having Crawford in net.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Shupe you keep saying that Crawford won the cup. No, the Blackhawks won with him in goal. I think the outcome is the same with Emery. They were a solid team. If anything they got very lucky on a number of occasions and almost to a point won in spite of having Crawford in net.

and bostons not a solid team?   emery may have got it done.  Who knows but i strongly doubt it.  i keep hearing this lucky talk.  Its complete bunk for the record.   Well its true to an extent bc every team needs a little luck.  and yes, they won in spite of crawford.  Again his worst game he won 6-5 on the road in the cup finals.  Every other game in the final he was solid if not spectacular.   Game 6 he was outstanding and kept his "team" in the game.  Maybe Crawford wanted that game in spite of his team.   His own teammate said he deserved the conn.  crawford was outstanding.  Look at his numbers over all 4 rounds. its not like crawfords opponents were weak either.  Pretty easy round one against minny.   Detroit could have easily won the cup.  Then he knocks off the cup champions and beat the best goalie in the world.  Then beats a fantastic boston club.   He has a stanley cup ring and was a major factor, his play has warranted him a chance to play for Canada.  This doesnt happen with luck.  Chicago dished out major dollars to keep him.  Pretty sure that wasnt luck.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Lam, let's not under diminish Crawford's accomplishments too much. I may not think he's an elite in the league, but he did win game 6, because of some outstanding saves at the right time. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Well...I think if it was any other market I'd be in more agreement with you. I think if Price doesn't have a bounce back season (play-offs included) the Habs just very well may run out of patience. Not necessarily management, but the the fanbase. There isn't a team in the NHL that allows it's fanbase to have such a huge impact with regards to making decisions, especially goaltending. From the Habs fans I spoke to when Gainey let Halek go it was almost a 70-30 split against that move. So, Price was already behind the 8 ball. And Hab fans don't care about 1st place in their division. They want results in the play-offs. Price has one play-off series win since 08'. 26, or 36 yrs old doesn't matter. They boo'd this guy in an exhibition game 3 seasons ago. He was brutal against the Sens this past season. He needs not just a good season, but a great one.

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

you realize montreal hasnt won since 93.  So if winning is the motivator on trading Price its pretty weak.  Price isnt to blame in montreal.   I dont think his game has been bad at all.  I think hes had some growing pains that go along with playing on a weak team.  most experts had montreal as a lottery team last year.  They finished 2nd.  If they can stay healthy i think they will be very solid next year.   i think Price starts for canada this year.  I think Price is one of the best in the world.  And the year they dealt halak, price was simply awesome.  And to have that mojo in montreal is pretty impressive.  The boos quickly changed to cheers.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'm just saying that Crawford wasn't the main reason they won and that if Ference doesn't have his skate in the wrong place the Hawks probably don't lift the cup last season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I'm just saying that Crawford wasn't the main reason they won and that if Ference doesn't have his skate in the wrong place the Hawks probably don't lift the cup last season.

Agreed. Crawford was no Quick, or Tim Thomas that's for sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Or if rask wins one game with leads in the 3rd.   rask had more then enough to win the cup.  He didnt get it done.  Crawford did.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[/QUOTE]

This doesn't help differentiate between the 2 teams in question :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I will stress this again.  Show me a good system team and i show you an elite goalie.  TT and Quick both play/ed in great systems stressing defense with great def fwds and all world dmen.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

please stop bringing this up ... drives me crazy what could have been,

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

This doesn't help differentiate between the 2 teams in question :)

Sorry, but I truly think that the Canucks are far worse than the Habs when it comes to dives.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I will stress this again.  Show me a good system team and i show you an elite goalie.  TT and Quick both play/ed in great systems stressing defense with great def fwds and all world dmen.   

And I will stress this again. Systems are stat padders. They cannot make goalie's better. A system doesn't make a goalie elite; only gives him elite numbers. Elite goalie's are the ones that separate themselves from the non-elite by making saves he should make & then also the one who plays his best when the team in front of him are playing their worst at more consistent basis then the rest. Lundqvist & Quick do this better than anyone. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

And I will stress this again. Systems are stat padders. They cannot make goalie's better. A system doesn't make a goalie elite; only gives him elite numbers. Elite goalie's are the ones that separate themselves from the non-elite by making saves he should make & then also the one who plays his best when the team in front of him are playing their worst at more consistent basis then the rest. Lundqvist & Quick do this better than anyone. 

And both play air tight defense and im pretty sure girardi has more save in a year then king h.  So bryz was classified as elite.  Taken out of that system he stunk.  Smith who stunk was put in that system is now elite.   I think Quick is amazing.  I dont think he would be as good on lets say Washington.   I just there is a fine line in so called elite goalies and good nhl goalies.  I think a good nhl goalie could easily play in boston, nyr, chicago or la.   Take holtby and put him on any of those teams and i bet his numbers are similar.   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

And both play air tight defense and im pretty sure girardi has more save in a year then king h.  So bryz was classified as elite.  Taken out of that system he stunk.  Smith who stunk was put in that system is now elite.   I think Quick is amazing.  I dont think he would be as good on lets say Washington.   I just there is a fine line in so called elite goalies and good nhl goalies.  I think a good nhl goalie could easily play in boston, nyr, chicago or la.   Take holtby and put him on any of those teams and i bet his numbers are similar.   

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, the Rangers weren't in a single game in the Bos series! IF it wasn't for the king they would've been blown out every game. Including the game with Rask's gaffe'. Girardi played some of the worst hockey in his career in that series & it was Henry who was bailing him out. Yes Lundqvist plays on a great def team, but don't tell me he isn't the best on the planet right now. You talk about consistency to rank goalie's? Who's been better in the consistency dept in the past 8 seasons. Girardi hasn't been with the Rangers that long! For the love of GOD almighty don't tell me you're putting Crawford up there with the King! Or you're going to lose a lot of creditibility. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, the Rangers weren't in a single game in the Bos series! IF it wasn't for the king they would've been blown out every game. Including the game with Rask's gaffe'. Girardi played some of the worst hockey in his career in that series & it was Henry who was bailing him out. Yes Lundqvist plays on a great def team, but don't tell me he isn't the best on the planet right now. You talk about consistency to rank goalie's? Who's been better in the consistency dept in the past 8 seasons. Girardi hasn't been with the Rangers that long! For the love of GOD almighty don't tell me you're putting Crawford up there with the King! Or you're going to lose a lot of creditibility. 

[/QUOTE]

No, im not saying that at all.  I think he has been excellent.  And over that period i dont think anyone is at his level.  But when your team traps to start a game doesnt it make his life a lot easier.  and the rangers have some very solid blue liners who all drop along with their fwds.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Shupe, honestly buddy, your Rask rants have removed all fun from this place all summer long.  It has driven me away on many occasions and made any sort of foundation fan fun here non-existant.

We all understand that you dislike the deal.  You mind will not be changed, and 2,000 posts later, neither will any else's.

Can you PLEASE frigggin' drop it?

You're my absolute favorite here, but I'm on the verge of putting you on ignore so I can return to enjoying the community.  Come on.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Shupe, honestly buddy, your Rask rants have removed all fun from this place all summer long.  It has driven me away on many occasions and made any sort of foundation fan fun here non-existant.

We all understand that you dislike the deal.  You mind will not be changed, and 2,000 posts later, neither will any else's.

You're my absolute favorite here, but I'm on the verge of putting you on ignore so I can return to enjoying the community.  Come on.

Well done sir. I'm on the verge of madness although I am happy the wi-fi is awesome in the Moose Jaw Travel Lodge.

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Well done sir. I'm on the verge of madness although I am happy the wi-fi is awesome in the Moose Jaw Travel Lodge.

I'm in Regina buddy. 45 min away, we should get together for some wobblies. Show these Sask boys how the Maritimers get it DONE!!lol

• Sections
    Shortcuts