Crawford extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Crawford extension

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I'll be on that plane too, but since I recall that shupe is pretty big, I'm just gonna kick him in the junk and run away.  If he goes down, I'll smash his Ipad though.

Crawford could be the Trent Dilfer of the NHL.  I think he has the best team around him of any goalie, and he has for a few years.  He's done a great job too though, and you can't blame the Hawks for rewarding him and sticking with the winning formula.

How can you say this and not know im gonna say the exact same thing about rask.  boston has the best defensive team over the past 4-5 yrs.  kinda makes a goalies life easy?   I think a avg goalie could play for either team and post great numbers.  

Crawford and Rask are elite goalies.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why, did you let one rip? I'm sure that a man not as lazy as I could spend some time bringing up multiple playoff articles which suggested Rask would win MVP if the Bruins won. Find me one that suggested Crawford should win and your argument might seem less irritating to all (but I doubt it).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=673457

Here's an opinion from someone with no dog in the fight (Sabres fan).....

http://sabrenoise.com/2013/06/25/daily-poll-was-patrick-kane-the-best-choice-for-the-conn-smythe-trophy/

Dont they vote prior to game 7?   in game 6?  Im asking a question here.   Rask had one outstanding rounf against the pens.  Crawford came back from a huge hole against a team in detroit that was playing unreal.  

Rask performance against the leafs was almost another choke job.  You used "if" the bruins won the cup.  Im using "if" he lost to the leafs.  Putting team behind 4-1 before the bruins stormed back.  I dont call that mvp worthy.  Hardly had much of a fight against a limping ranger team Similar to crawfords first round opponent.  Rask as stated was out of this world against pitt.  and well. He had numerous leads and chances to win in the finals and in the biggest gm lets in 6.  In the next biggest gm he loses another lead.  I dont call that mvp worthy.  Bergie.  Mvp worthy. 

I think i value kanes words more then glenn healy or some other donkey who gets a vote.  

i think crawford is an elite goalie.  His win loss are solid.  His play gets better.  And hello.  He just won the cup.  

[/QUOTE]

How come Rask gets the blame for being down 4-1 but not credit for coming back from a huge hole like Crawford does? Crawford gets no blame for his team being down 3 games to 1 but Rask gets blame for his team being down 4-1 in game 7?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I'm content to let next year's Vezina voting settle this once and for all.

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Yea Shupe is really being acting like a troll on this subject. Very few times I find him a broken record, but on this one it's a broken beta, broken VHS & laserdisk!

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

I'll be on that plane too, but since I recall that shupe is pretty big, I'm just gonna kick him in the junk and run away.  If he goes down, I'll smash his Ipad though.

Crawford could be the Trent Dilfer of the NHL.  I think he has the best team around him of any goalie, and he has for a few years.  He's done a great job too though, and you can't blame the Hawks for rewarding him and sticking with the winning formula.

How can you say this and not know im gonna say the exact same thing about rask.  boston has the best defensive team over the past 4-5 yrs.  kinda makes a goalies life easy?   I think a avg goalie could play for either team and post great numbers.  

Crawford and Rask are elite goalies.  

[/QUOTE]

This I agree with, but a system doesn't make a goalie better. Just his stats are. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

How come Rask gets the blame for being down 4-1 but not credit for coming back from a huge hole like Crawford does? Crawford gets no blame for his team being down 3 games to 1 but Rask gets blame for his team being down 4-1 in game 7?

[/QUOTE]

A very fair question that might just expose some bias here.  The Bruins/Leafs series was very, very similar to the Hawks/Wings series.  But you're dumping on Rask for almost losing the series, while at the same time pumping Crawford's tires coming back from the same situation.  At least be consistent in your mad scamble to poke holes in Rask's stellar season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Very creative. I do like seeing Shupe get a rise out of anything Tuuka.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

8 looooooong years. Ugh. On the other hand, it means I don't have to bother reading shupe's posts for nearly a decade - I know what every one of them will be about ahead of time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why, did you let one rip? I'm sure that a man not as lazy as I could spend some time bringing up multiple playoff articles which suggested Rask would win MVP if the Bruins won. Find me one that suggested Crawford should win and your argument might seem less irritating to all (but I doubt it).

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=673457

Here's an opinion from someone with no dog in the fight (Sabres fan).....

http://sabrenoise.com/2013/06/25/daily-poll-was-patrick-kane-the-best-choice-for-the-conn-smythe-trophy/

Dont they vote prior to game 7?   in game 6?  Im asking a question here.   Rask had one outstanding rounf against the pens.  Crawford came back from a huge hole against a team in detroit that was playing unreal.  

Rask performance against the leafs was almost another choke job.  You used "if" the bruins won the cup.  Im using "if" he lost to the leafs.  Putting team behind 4-1 before the bruins stormed back.  I dont call that mvp worthy.  Hardly had much of a fight against a limping ranger team Similar to crawfords first round opponent.  Rask as stated was out of this world against pitt.  and well. He had numerous leads and chances to win in the finals and in the biggest gm lets in 6.  In the next biggest gm he loses another lead.  I dont call that mvp worthy.  Bergie.  Mvp worthy. 

I think i value kanes words more then glenn healy or some other donkey who gets a vote.  

i think crawford is an elite goalie.  His win loss are solid.  His play gets better.  And hello.  He just won the cup.  

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Two game 7s for Rask stand out to me and cause concern.  Philly up 3-0.  Lose.   Leafs. Down 4-1. Team wins.  Look at crawfords first series against van as a rookie.  He was awesome.  Ultimately lost, Learned how to be a big game goalie and won all the line in the sand gms.  I dont like rask in big games.   Essentially if rask rises to the occasion one time in either game 1, 4 or 6 we are still cup hungover.  I think he played well.  I Crawford has a cup bc of his raised level of play.  Rasks team gave him enough to win the cup.

i will ask why rask deserves his money yet crawford is a bust or one year wonder who was lucky to play in chi town.   Niemi is still a very good goalie is he not?  

I think both are elite goalies.  I dont think either especially rask is worth that kinda money.  

i havent been as bad on this subject lately.  I do see that he is an elite goalie, i just dont think hes deserved the contract he got, nor do i think any goalie is worth that kinda money.  i hate big goalie contracts.  Im pretty consistent with this across the board on all goalies.   But i see crawford in the same light as rask.  The only difference is one is a cup champion

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Only 2,853 days to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to red75's comment:

8 looooooong years. Ugh. On the other hand, it means I don't have to bother reading shupe's posts for nearly a decade - I know what every one of them will be about ahead of time.

Come on red.  I do bring up other issues outside of rask. Imean i dont chastise you about your debates about womans hockey with NAS.   Yes ive beaten this to death.  I just find it amusing that people dont think crawford is worth every bit as much as rask.  Crawford delivered the goods and has a very good track record leading up to this contract.  

NAS thinks Semin is worth 7 million.  I think that is laughable.  especially since he was pro owner stance.  Doesnt mean i stop reading what he writes.  

i dont believe i have ever started a rask sucks thread.   I dont think he sucks.  I think he got paid and hasnt done enough to earn it.  I think thats fair.  Once the deal was announced many stated its a bit long and a bit high but were ok with it, which is fine.   I think its disgustingly long and too much.  I think ive been on here long enough to state that opinion.  Over and over.  :-).  I do joke about it as well   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Very creative. I do like seeing Shupe get a rise out of anything Tuuka.

Who gets the rise?   Its like throwing chum in the water.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]

Come on red.  I do bring up other issues outside of rask. Imean i dont chastise you about your debates about womans hockey with NAS.   Yes ive beaten this to death.  I just find it amusing that people dont think crawford is worth every bit as much as rask.  Crawford delivered the goods and has a very good track record leading up to this contract.  

NAS thinks Semin is worth 7 million.  I think that is laughable.  especially since he was pro owner stance.  Doesnt mean i stop reading what he writes.  

i dont believe i have ever started a rask sucks thread.   I dont think he sucks.  I think he got paid and hasnt done enough to earn it.  I think thats fair.  Once the deal was announced many stated its a bit long and a bit high but were ok with it, which is fine.   I think its disgustingly long and too much.  I think ive been on here long enough to state that opinion.  Over and over.  :-).  I do joke about it as well   

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but NAS and I have those debates maybe three or four times a year, and they don't usually last long - 97 per cent of your posts since the signing have been about Rask. I barely ever bother reading you anymore - the moment I see the words Rask or goalie in one of your posts I usually just skip reading it. It's sad, because you're a great poster. But you haven't beat this horse to death - you've strangled it, shot it, beat it with a dead fish, napalmed it, and made love to the ashes. I know you think it's funny, but it lost the punchline about 5 weeks ago. Gawd, Stanley posts less about Wheeler.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Two game 7s for Rask stand out to me and cause concern.  Philly up 3-0.  Lose.   Leafs. Down 4-1. Team wins.  

Just for my peace of mind -- you realize how insane the above analysis sounds, right?

Blame for the loss, blame for the win...applause for Crawford...for everything.

It isn't just the repetition that is bothersome shupe (although that's a big part).  It's the broken and biased reasoning that goes into these posts.  Your comparison of Rask vs. whomever isn't consistent or honest.  If you fall behind, but come back to win, it can either be seen as good or bad...not good for one guy and bad for the other.

And for the record, I think that objecting to the length of the Rask contract is perfectly valid criticism, although I don't agree in this case.  It's the haphazard reasoning that is driving me nuts.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because he is a goalie all us goalies always get the blame for the teams poor performance in front of us. I swear goalies are the scapegoat of hockey...the game is 4-1 in the other teams favor and there was 66 shots on net but its the goalies fault for not stopping all 66 shots not the teams fault for allowing 66 shots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Come on red.  I do bring up other issues outside of rask. Imean i dont chastise you about your debates about womans hockey with NAS.  Yes ive beaten this to death.  I just find it amusing that people dont think crawford is worth every bit as much as rask.  Crawford delivered the goods and has a very good track record leading up to this contract.  

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but NAS and I have those debates maybe three or four times a year, and they don't usually last long - 97 per cent of your posts since the signing have been about Rask. I barely ever bother reading you anymore - the moment I see the words Rask or goalie in one of your posts I usually just skip reading it. It's sad, because you're a great poster. But you haven't beat this horse to death - you've strangled it, shot it, beat it with a dead fish, napalmed it, and made love to the ashes. I know you think it's funny, but it lost the punchline about 5 weeks ago. Gawd, Stanley posts less about Wheeler.

[/QUOTE]

i havent posted on rask in debate form in a while.   I havent even been here much in august.  Your 97 percent like NAS would say is 110% made up.  The only reason i even mentioned it in this thread is bc people dont think crawford earned his pay day.   What does crawford need to do to be considered an elite goalie in terms of other high paid elite goalies?   I think Rinne deal is killing nashville.  So is webers.  I think both are at the top or near the best at their position.  

you have been in here a long time.  Long enough to know i hate most long term deals with any player involved.  I tangled with san in the souray vs wiz debate.  I ate my words on bergie and chara and stated so, ask Dez.  

i also have been known to go against the norm on occasion.  I normally do it with some thought and back it with some sorta evidence or trends.   People in here think price sucks he had an off year.   I personally think price is in the top three in the league.  What if rask has one off year like price?   I just have a really hard time paying any goalie big bucks.  I dont think rask is worth more then bergie.  

i can pretty much guarantee i wont post much about him.  If you look at this thread san mentions me.   He incited a riot did he not?   Blame him.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Shupe, you likely have noticed with my posts, that I tend to have the same problem with overly long contracts that you do - I hope Rask's works out, but it could end up being an albatross around the club's neck like Lou's contract is out here in Van. But there's no way to know, and no new information to bring to the conversation, until they drop the puck.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

1.  Women's hockey is not really hockey and shouldn't be called so.  They should call it "Girls Stick-n-Puck".  They should also make a poorno of the same name.

2.  Rask's contract is here to stay.  I dislike it.  Shupe hates it.

3.  Shupe rules. 

The above three points are all 100% fact.  Now can we move on?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Two game 7s for Rask stand out to me and cause concern.  Philly up 3-0.  Lose.   Leafs. Down 4-1. Team wins.  

Just for my peace of mind -- you realize how insane the above analysis sounds, right?

Blame for the loss, blame for the win...applause for Crawford...for everything.

It isn't just the repetition that is bothersome shupe (although that's a big part).  It's the broken and biased reasoning that goes into these posts.  Your comparison of Rask vs. whomever isn't consistent or honest.  If you fall behind, but come back to win, it can either be seen as good or bad...not good for one guy and bad for the other.

And for the record, I think that objecting to the length of the Rask contract is perfectly valid criticism, although I don't agree in this case.  It's the haphazard reasoning that is driving me nuts.

[/QUOTE]

trends in big games is the pt fletch.  Do you believe he played like a guy in those games that earned the highest salary for his position.   I think crawford learned how to win.  His team was down 3-1 to van, he brought his team back and was spectacular in a losing ot game 7.   He was also behind in detroit and played awesome and won in ot. In game 7.  Sticking with just crawford, i think he is every bit as good as any elite goalie.  You likened him to a has been QB did you not.  What is your bias in regards to this?   What can you base this on?   You think he plays in the best situation in the NHL?   Really.  doesnt our guy have the best defensive team and system in hockey?   

and im not too worried that you think its bothersome.  I dont post to please you.  I post an opinion.  Your opinion towards biases is never questioned?   Youve called me a troll have you not? I think the best troll in history?   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shupe, you likely have noticed with my posts, that I tend to have the same problem with overly long contracts that you do - I hope Rask's works out, but it could end up being an albatross around the club's neck like Lou's contract is out here in Van. But there's no way to know, and no new information to bring to the conversation, until they drop the puck.

Then why ride me on it if you some what agree?   Other then the fact ive murdered this discussion.  I will stay away from this.   Season is around the corner.  Again, my intent wasnt to hi jack this with rask blabber.  It was to pt out that crawford isnt a bum or a bust.  Hes earned his deal.   I hate his contract but if its the going rate he earned it.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

It's just the repitition shupe, until the season starts, what new is there to say on the topic?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

1.  Women's hockey is not really hockey and shouldn't be called so.  They should call it "Girls Stick-n-Puck".  They should also make a poorno of the same name.

2.  Rask's contract is here to stay.  I dislike it.  Shupe hates it.

3.  Shupe rules. 

The above three points are all 100% fact.  Now can we move on?

i thought you were coming to punch me.   Can we hit the old triangle for a beer after.  Bring fletch and red.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm down for a pint -  could do with a Black and Tan about now. Hair of the dog. I've got to stop having my monthly poker game on a Tuesday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

i thought you were coming to punch me.   Can we hit the old triangle for a beer after.  Bring fletch and red.  

Damn right we'll go to the Triangle.

Just thinking about those other two plus me.  Three B's fans with total loser franchises that we also follow.  Panthers, Avs and Jets.  Misery!