Crazy Contract Time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Crazy Contract Time

July 4 is going to be nuts but his offer from Bozak's camp takes the cake:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426783

8 years at almost $5 million per season......for this guy!!! If Nonis goes for it he is completely off the rails but something tells me making it public is a way for him to negotiate it down.

Look, I know Tyler. I have met him and worked with his brother for a while. Very nice kid and fun to be around. But this is almost comical....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Re: Crazy Contract Time

You mean it takes the cake so far. I'm sure there will be contracts awarded that make that look like a bargain. It should be a very interesting off season with the cap going down. Lots of bodies will be moving around.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I think $4 Mill per year is crazy for Bozak.  $5 M is insanity. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

8 years at almost $5 million per season......for this guy!!! If Nonis goes for it he is completely off the rails but something tells me making it public is a way for him to negotiate it down.

Look, I know Tyler. I have met him and worked with his brother for a while. Very nice kid and fun to be around. But this is almost comical....

I met Tyler a few times when he played for Denver.  Real nice kid.  Wish stayed longer...

But yeah, that's a little much for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

You mean it takes the cake so far. I'm sure there will be contracts awarded that make that look like a bargain. It should be a very interesting off season with the cap going down. Lots of bodies will be moving around.

You would think lots of available bodies + declining cap would = moderate contracts.

We will find out soon enough ( Idoubt Nonis bites on this one) but so far things have been just as nuts (i.e. Letang) as before the lockout. Why was there one again?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I met Tyler a few times when he played for Denver.  Real nice kid.  Wish stayed longer...

But yeah, that's a little much for him.

Terrific family, boys were well brought up Fletch.

Obviously this is his agent's tactic (they tried the same thing last negotiation but with little fanfare last time). That said, a little common sense would go a long way...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I wonder if a cap going down will keep owners from handingout contracts that raise eyebrows. Doubt it, then when the CBA expires, NHL has record revenue at that time we can have another lockout while they cry poor.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Just wait until Holmgren offers Thomas stupid money and term. TT is better than anything they've had in Philly for decades. He won't be able to  help himself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Leafs already have Grabovski making $5.5 million on a 5 year $27 million deal, he of the 16 points in 48 games in 2012/13.  At least Grabovski has had three 20-plus goal seasons to his credit including a 29 goal season in 2010/11.  Right now I can't recall if Bozak or Grabovski centered the top line with Kessel and Lupol this past year. 

He's a talented player but this seems like an outrageous figure for him.  A $40 million contract would elevate him among the league's elite which I don't see him as.  I give him props for shooting for the moon though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

This is just crazy, I thought Ville Leino had David Copperfield as an agent with his deal last year, but if Bozaks agent can pull this off. Wow, ill hire him

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Bozak's agent doesn't get it.... 

it's the gms that are supposed to make the ridiculous offers....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

hah....Yeah, Tyler's agent should have started with a really, really insane offer. Like 20 years at $10 million per season and then perhaps Nonis may have "settled for a mere 8 years/$5 mill.....lol.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hah....Yeah, Tyler's agent should have started with a really, really insane offer. Like 20 years at $10 million per season and then perhaps Nonis may have "settled for a mere 8 years/$5 mill.....lol.

[/QUOTE]

there you go, jmw....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah Bozak's agent must have just left a California mary jane Dispencary when he gave Dregger this info. "8 years" LoL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Yah Bozak's agent must have just left a California mary jane Dispencary when he gave Dregger this info. "8 years" LoL

He had an appointment with Dr. Dre, "The Chronic," San.

Sections
Shortcuts